Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
MJD retiring a Jaguar next Tuesday, 4/28

The point is he wasn't the best RB, wasn't our best offensive player, he was maybe the best player on some horrible rosters but that's not what the prides for is it?

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

MJD had 10,944 yards from scrimmage here.  (8.071 rushing.) 

The category you asked for, Eric, is points. He scored 486 points. More than Fred, James and Jimmy.  That's his impact.

I see him as on the bubble for the "pride" but I think he'll squeak in eventually. 

(This post was last modified: 04-23-2015, 03:17 PM by Tuxedo.)

Quote:It's not even about that despite his strong start here's where he ended as a Jaguar:

3rd all time rushing yards (behind Fred Taylor and James Stewart)

2nd all time rushing touchdowns (nearly half of Fred Taylor's total and just one more then James Stewart)

8th in receptions

9th in receiving yards.

Not even top 10 in receiving yards (which is fine he's a RB)

He is 1st in Punt Return attempts and Punt Return TD's with 2.

Show me the area that makes him the best we've had in any category?

http://www.databasefootball.com/teams/te...jac&lg=nfl

I'll wait for the default he was the "face of the franchise" and without him we would've sucked all those years, we sucked anyways.

The site you used had wrong data, here's a cleaned up version of MJD's franchise stats:

2nd in rushing yards (Behind Fred Taylor)

2nd in rushing attempts (Behind Fred Taylor)

1st in rushing touchdowns

3rd in receptions (Behind Jimmy Smith and Keenan McCardell)

4th in receiving yards (Behind Jimmy Smith, Keenan McCardell, and Marcedes Lewis)

11th in receiving touchdowns (Behind 10 WR/TEs and first for RBs)

3rd in yards from scrimmage (Behind Fred Taylor and Jimmy Smith)

1st in kick returns

1st in kick return yards

1st in kick return touchdowns

1st in kick return average

He's also 56th all time in touchdowns, 71st all time in yards from scrimmage, and 45th all time in rushing yards.

Quote:The point is he wasn't the best RB, wasn't our best offensive player, he was maybe the best player on some horrible rosters but that's not what the prides for is it?

He was pretty much the lone bright spot on this team for years.. The only star in the sky, so to speak.. He may have not been the best, but he was pretty much our only hope for years..

Does that make him Pride worthy? Doubt it, but like others have said, if he does get it, it'll be a while and there's some others who deserve in before MJD does..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Quote:MJD had 10,944 yards from scrimmage here.  (8.071 rushing.) 

The category you asked for, Eric, is points. He scored 486 points. More than Fred, James and Jimmy.  That's his impact.

I see him as on the bubble for the "pride" but I think he'll squeak in eventually. 

Fair point on the scoring, that is an important category to be the all time leader in.

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:Pride member?

I would probably say no.  I would say that the only "Pride Member worthy" players at this point would be Jimmy Smith/Keenan McCardell.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:I would probably say no. I would say that the only "Pride Member worthy" players at this point would be Jimmy Smith/Keenan McCardell.

I agree.. Smith more than McCardell but still..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Quote:The point is he wasn't the best RB, wasn't our best offensive player, he was maybe the best player on some horrible rosters but that's not what the prides for is it?
It wasnt a big drop off from Fred to Mojo . I still give Fred the edge but barely.. He was one of our best offensive players of all-time..Im not sure if he makes the pride but 10 years from now he might be a sure lock in.

Quote:It wasnt a big drop off from Fred to Mojo . I still give Fred the edge but barely.. He was one of our best offensive players of all-time..Im not sure if he makes the pride but 10 years from now he might be a sure lock in.

I don't know what this "edge" is really, but...   I give the edge to Fred, but in a tectonic landslide.  Not barely.  

Way more gifted athlete. Way more style and grace in his running style.  Way more fun to watch. 

It's garbage Jimmy isn't in the Pride yet.

(This post was last modified: 04-23-2015, 05:04 PM by jvillejagsn1.)

I would say he definitely deserves being in the The Pride; but not before Jimmy and possibly Keenan. Because we used to have such a dominate defense, I almost think the John Henderson, Marcus Stroud, and Mikey P combination should be a part of it also. Everybody who thinks MJD shouldn't be part of it is still butt hurt over the hold out; which people who understand the business side of the game, don't care about it anymore....

GO JAGS!!
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

Quote:The site you used had wrong data, here's a cleaned up version of MJD's franchise stats:

2nd in rushing yards (Behind Fred Taylor)

2nd in rushing attempts (Behind Fred Taylor)

1st in rushing touchdowns

3rd in receptions (Behind Jimmy Smith and Keenan McCardell)

4th in receiving yards (Behind Jimmy Smith, Keenan McCardell, and Marcedes Lewis)

11th in receiving touchdowns (Behind 10 WR/TEs and first for RBs)

3rd in yards from scrimmage (Behind Fred Taylor and Jimmy Smith)

1st in kick returns

1st in kick return yards

1st in kick return touchdowns

1st in kick return average

He's also 56th all time in touchdowns, 71st all time in yards from scrimmage, and 45th all time in rushing yards.
Doesn't sound like a Pride member to me.

Quote:I would say he definitely deserves being in the The Pride; but not before Jimmy and possibly Keenan. Because we used to have such a dominate defense, I almost think the John Henderson, Marcus Stroud, and Mikey P combination should be a part of it also. Everybody who thinks MJD shouldn't be part of it is still butt hurt over the hold out; which people who understand the business side of the game, don't care about it anymore....

GO JAGS!!
That's completely false.

I could give 2 [BLEEP] about the hold out.

Its people like you who think 10 players should already be in the Pride. 

Its people like you who are going to demolish what the Pride is supposed to represent.

Your quoted post is beyond irrelevant. 

Quote:That's completely false.
I could give 2 [BAD WORD REMOVED] about the hold out.

Its people like you who think 10 players should already be in the Pride. 
Its people like you who are going to demolish what the Pride is supposed to represent.

Your quoted post is beyond irrelevant.

"You sure seem a little butt hurt over it still..... And people like me realize what these players did for our team; which is what The Pride represents. Toni, Mark, and Fred defintely deserve to be in it right now. But way more than MJD and Jimmy, I don't think so. I'm not saying we put them all there tomorrow, but they deserve to be there eventually.

I could give 2 [BLEEP] about your quoted response and it's irrelevance as well because thankfully, idiocy is frowned upon in my world. When you think of Jag players, the top 5 that will come to mind to most sane individuals is Boselli, Taylor, Brunell, Smith, and MJD. Obviously, as the fan base of the team, a lot more players would come to mind as well. But to say MJD doesn't deserve it based on what he did for our team and the numbers he helped put up is simply ignorance, inconsistent hate, and the inability to see players other than football players."

Now this ^ is my quote; seeing how I didn't quote anything previously.....

GO JAGS!!

Quote: 

"You sure seem a little butt hurt over it still..... And people like me realize what these players did for our team; which is what The Pride represents. Toni, Mark, and Fred defintely deserve to be in it right now. But way more than MJD and Jimmy, I don't think so. I'm not saying we put them all there tomorrow, but they deserve to be there eventually.

I could give 2 [BAD WORD REMOVED] about your quoted response and it's irrelevance as well because thankfully, idiocy is frowned upon in my world. When you think of Jag players, the top 5 that will come to mind to most sane individuals is Boselli, Taylor, Brunell, Smith, and MJD. Obviously, as the fan base of the team, a lot more players would come to mind as well. But to say MJD doesn't deserve it based on what he did for our team and the numbers he helped put up is simply ignorance, inconsistent hate, and the inability to see players other than football players."

Now this ^ is my quote; seeing how I didn't quote anything previously.....

GO JAGS!!
First............. "Butt hurt".. LOL How old are you?

I JUST STATED THAT I DON'T CARE ABOUT THE HOLDOUT. How does that make me "butt hurt" about the hold out?

Sounds like in your world idiocy is VERY common.

Next, its still people like you who are going to demolish what the pride stands for. The team is still only around 20 years old. The 7-8 players you mentioned should not be in the Pride on a team that has not had a lot of success. I love Mike Peterson, but the dude didn't even make the pro bowl once. 

And BTW "FAN"..... His name is Tony Boselli...... Not Toni.. Once again proving that idiocy is VERY common in your world.

Know your team fanboy!

Quote:First............. "Butt hurt".. LOL How old are you?

I JUST STATED THAT I DON'T CARE ABOUT THE HOLDOUT. How does that make me "butt hurt" about the hold out?
Sounds like in your world idiocy is VERY common.

Next, its still people like you who are going to demolish what the pride stands for. The team is still only around 20 years old. The 7-8 players you mentioned should not be in the Pride on a team that has not had a lot of success. I love Mike Peterson, but the dude didn't even make the pro bowl once. 

And BTW "FAN"..... His name is Tony Boselli...... Not Toni.. Once again proving that idiocy is VERY common in your world.

Know your team fanboy!
Hahaha. You do know the I and the Y are very close to one another on the keyboard? Typing 70 wpm, there can be mistakes. LOL fanboy... haha you make me laugh man. I won't presume to know how long you have been a fan of the team, but by looking at when you joined the board, I'll take a wild guess. You can't destroy The Pride by including players that had a huge impact on the Jaguars. It's not the NFL Pride jack-[BLEEP], it's the The Pride of the Jaguars. Pro Bowls have nothing to do with it; since we all know they are pointless and were still pointless back in the day. What they did for our team is what the honor is for; not what kind of NFL status they have. And I say butt hurt because it's less of a derogatory word than calling some a [BLEEP], a [BLEEP] cry baby, and little measly piece of [BLEEP] stuck on the side of the toilet. And you seem highly BUTT HURT because I never mentioned your name when illustrating the simple fact that most MJD haters accrued when the hold up took place. Prior to that, everyone was on Pocket Hercules's back. So my presumptions are well founded. Your ignorance was proven the moment you replied to my response with such a BUTT HURT mentality. Welcome to the Jags board btw! Wink

GO JAGS!!

Quote:Pride member?
Not this.

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Quote: 

Hahaha. You do know the I and the Y are very close to one another on the keyboard? Typing 70 wpm, there can be mistakes. LOL fanboy... haha you make me laugh man. I won't presume to know how long you have been a fan of the team, but by looking at when you joined the board, I'll take a wild guess. You can't destroy The Pride by including players that had a huge impact on the Jaguars. It's not the NFL Pride jack-[BAD WORD REMOVED], it's the The Pride of the Jaguars. Pro Bowls have nothing to do with it; since we all know they are pointless and were still pointless back in the day. What they did for our team is what the honor is for; not what kind of NFL status they have. And I say butt hurt because it's less of a derogatory word than calling some a [BAD WORD REMOVED], a [BAD WORD REMOVED] cry baby, and little measly piece of [BAD WORD REMOVED] stuck on the side of the toilet. And you seem highly BUTT HURT because I never mentioned your name when illustrating the simple fact that most MJD haters accrued when the hold up took place. Prior to that, everyone was on Pocket Hercules's back. So my presumptions are well founded. Your ignorance was proven the moment you replied to my response with such a BUTT HURT mentality. Welcome to the Jags board btw! Wink

GO JAGS!!
Not going to read all of this "Name Calling" lol 

Judging by the why you speak / type its very clear your still very young. With the amount of "BUTT HURT"'s that you have used lol

Good luck earning minimum wage throughout your life.

Assuming that someone has been a fan recently just by the date to which you've joined is another reason to point out how young you really are lol.

Too easy.

Been a fan since '95 squirt. Keep letting those expletives fly hahahahahahaha

Quote: 

Hahaha. You do know the I and the Y are very close to one another on the keyboard? Typing 70 wpm, there can be mistakes. LOL fanboy... haha you make me laugh man. I won't presume to know how long you have been a fan of the team, but by looking at when you joined the board, I'll take a wild guess. You can't destroy The Pride by including players that had a huge impact on the Jaguars. It's not the NFL Pride jack-[BAD WORD REMOVED], it's the The Pride of the Jaguars. Pro Bowls have nothing to do with it; since we all know they are pointless and were still pointless back in the day. What they did for our team is what the honor is for; not what kind of NFL status they have. And I say butt hurt because it's less of a derogatory word than calling some a [BAD WORD REMOVED], a [BAD WORD REMOVED] cry baby, and little measly piece of [BAD WORD REMOVED] stuck on the side of the toilet. And you seem highly BUTT HURT because I never mentioned your name when illustrating the simple fact that most MJD haters accrued when the hold up took place. Prior to that, everyone was on Pocket Hercules's back. So my presumptions are well founded. Your ignorance was proven the moment you replied to my response with such a BUTT HURT mentality. Welcome to the Jags board btw! Wink

GO JAGS!!
Ladies and Gentlemen,

The poster child of someone acting hard behind a keyboard lol

MJD and all of his crying after he left made me lost respect for him.  I really could care less.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]