Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
MJD retiring a Jaguar next Tuesday, 4/28

Quote:Not going to read all of this "Name Calling" lol 

Judging by the why you speak / type its very clear your still very young. With the amount of "BUTT HURT"'s that you have used lol

Good luck earning minimum wage throughout your life.

Assuming that someone has been a fan recently just by the date to which you've joined is another reason to point out how young you really are lol.
Too easy.

Been a fan since '95 squirt. Keep letting those expletives fly hahahahahahaha
And it still flies right over your head....... Ignorance is bliss I guess. Draft is next week. Maybe we'll draft a future Pride member. Then again, maybe not. Glad it's not your decision; nor mine as well...

GO JAGS!!
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

If Mark Brunell can get into the pride then MJD belongs as well.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

‏@BigCatCountry “I want to come back and see OTAs. Been talking with Gus, we have a secret coming up hopefully.”— @Jones_Drew32 on #JaguarsToday

8:58 AM - 6 Mar 2015
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:I don't know what this "edge" is really, but... I give the edge to Fred, but in a tectonic landslide. Not barely.

Way more gifted athlete. Way more style and grace in his running style. Way more fun to watch.
Yea edge means slightly better then Mojo. And statistically it wasn't a landslide when you compare the two.

Quote:If Mark Brunell can get into the pride then MJD belongs as well.

Mark Brunell was something special to this team, I would say arguably the best quarterback this team has ever had.  During his time playing for this team, he did great things.

Tony Boselli was considered the BEST at his position when he played.

Fred Taylor was a huge part of the Jaguars back then.  Defenses actually had to account for him and "fear" him when he was lined up in the backfield.

Here is the difference.  When Fred Taylor was in the game, we also had arguably the best WR tandem ever in the NFL since Lynn Swann and John Stallworth.  We also had a very capable quarterback in Mark Brunell.

When MJD played for the Jaguars, we lacked the talent at the QB and WR positions.  That's how his numbers got inflated, yet the yield (team wins vs. losses) was so low.

While I appreciate everything that MJD did while a Jaguar, I don't put him into the "great" category and would not really put him in the "Pride" category.

Quote:‏@BigCatCountry “I want to come back and see OTAs. Been talking with Gus, we have a secret coming up hopefully.”— @Jones_Drew32 on #JaguarsToday

8:58 AM - 6 Mar 2015

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:Mark Brunell was something special to this team, I would say arguably the best quarterback this team has ever had.  During his time playing for this team, he did great things.

Fred Taylor was a huge part of the Jaguars back then.  Defenses actually had to account for him and "fear" him when he was lined up in the backfield.

Here is the difference.  When Fred Taylor was in the game, we also had arguably the best WR tandem ever in the NFL since Lynn Swann and John Stallworth.  We also had a very capable quarterback in Mark Brunell.

When MJD played for the Jaguars, we lacked the talent at the QB and WR positions.  That's how his numbers got inflated, yet the yield (team wins vs. losses) was so low.

While I appreciate everything that MJD did while a Jaguar, I don't put him into the "great" category and would not really put him in the "Pride" category.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

I think was all knew this was going to happen.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

(This post was last modified: 04-23-2015, 09:24 PM by knarnn.)

Quote:Mark Brunell was something special to this team, I would say arguably the best quarterback this team has ever had. During his time playing for this team, he did great things.

Fred Taylor was a huge part of the Jaguars back then. Defenses actually had to account for him and "fear" him when he was lined up in the backfield.

Here is the difference. When Fred Taylor was in the game, we also had arguably the best WR tandem ever in the NFL since Lynn Swann and John Stallworth. We also had a very capable quarterback in Mark Brunell.

When MJD played for the Jaguars, we lacked the talent at the QB and WR positions. That's how his numbers got inflated, yet the yield (team wins vs. losses) was so low.

Mark Brunell was an above average QB. Nothing more. I know he's glorified for the team's early success but if you actually look at the numbers you won't find any eye popping stats. Again if Mark Brunell can get in then MJD will get in as well. The pride should be reserved for players who made a lasting impact on the franchise during their tenure. I think MJD belongs in that category.

Quote:Mark Brunell was something special to this team, I would say arguably the best quarterback this team has ever had.  During his time playing for this team, he did great things.

That makes is stats more impressive.  He was all the D had to worry about....

Quote:MJD and all of his crying after he left made me lost respect for him. I really could care less.

Perfect

He is on with Dempsey today. Sounds like he will be with NFL Network or Fox this upcoming season. Not surprising. He will probably be better than most of the former players in the business.

;

;

I'll put my bitter feelings about how he left aside, welcome back MJD wishing you the best in retirement.

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Glad he made it to retirement in the NFL. It seems right for him to retire as a Jag seeing as how he spent most of his career here. I'm not too excited about him as a prospect for the pride. I'd rather see Jimmy and Keenan up there, along with maybe Tony Brackens.

I y'ams who I y'ams and thats all I y'ams...

Quote:Mark Brunell was an above average QB. Nothing more. I know he's glorified for the team's early success but if you actually look at the numbers you won't find any eye popping stats. Again if Mark Brunell can get in then MJD will get in as well. The pride should be reserved for players who made a lasting impact on the franchise during their tenure. I think MJD belongs in that category.

Quote:He is on with Dempsey today. Sounds like he will be with NFL Network or Fox this upcoming season. Not surprising. He will probably be better than most of the former players in the business.
Prob gonna take Sapp's spot on gameday morning.

(This post was last modified: 04-28-2015, 11:51 AM by David4499.)

I never liked MJD. I always though his attitude should have gotten him kicked off the team. He was huge locker room disturbance under JDR. Maybe this means they will let Matt Jones come back and retire as a Jaguar.... he made a catch... right???

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

(This post was last modified: 04-28-2015, 12:10 PM by JagsFan1.)

Quote:I never liked MJD. I always though his attitude should have gotten him kicked off the team. He was huge locker room disturbance under JDR. Maybe this means they will let Matt Jones come back and retire as a Jaguar.... he made a catch... right???
I don't if I should laugh at the joke or go what the...to this response lol

I'll always hold prime MJD on the same level as prime Fred. It sucks he couldn't do it as long as Fred did but he damn sure deserves to remembered and honored by this franchise some time down the road.

There was certainly a few games where he single handedly took it over or kept it competitive.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Quote:Prob gonna take Sapp's spot on gameday morning.
Maybe they will actually incorporate the Jaguars into a segment now lol

Quote:I'll always hold prime MJD on the same level as prime Fred. It sucks he couldn't do it as long as Fred did but he damn sure deserves to remembered and honored by this franchise some time down the road.

There was certainly a few games where he single handedly took it over or kept it competitive.

There's a subtle difference to me between Fred and MJD; I loved to watch Fred run, I loved watching people try to tackle MJD. Fred with the ball in his hand was simply dynamite. He could juke in the hole, then stiff arm a DB straight to the ground. I still remember a game vs. Buffalo several years ago where Fred came to a complete stop in the backfield, waited for the hole to open, then accelerated and beat the LB to the end zone, just phenomenal stop-start action.

As for MJD, his career is defined by "that" run against Miami those years ago. When he just wouldn't stop running and no one could get him to the ground. He spun, he drove, he high knee'd, he did everything he could to move forward and it was up to you to make him stop. Loved seeing him right at first contact.

Different players, different styles, but still something to like about the both of them.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!