Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
MJD retiring a Jaguar next Tuesday, 4/28

I am glad that MoJo is retiring as a Jaguar!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I'll put my bitter feelings about how he left aside, welcome back MJD wishing you the best in retirement.

Why would you be bitter? He was a free agent and wanted to come back but the team chose to move on. Besides that, the NFL is a business. I can never wrap my head around why so many fans get "mad" at a player for leaving or holding out. I've never taken it personally and I never will. It's none of our business in fact. He's a man who's sacrificing his body and long-term health to feed his family for the long haul. I hate to break it to you but he didn't play to please you. He did it for himself and his family and nobody else.
<FONT size=3>The secret to surfing is don't do anything.</FONT>

Quote:Why would you be bitter? He was a free agent and wanted to come back but the team chose to move on. Besides that, the NFL is a business. I can never wrap my head around why so many fans get "mad" at a player for leaving or holding out. I've never taken it personally and I never will. It's none of our business in fact. He's a man who's sacrificing his body and long-term health to feed his family for the long haul. I hate to break it to you but he didn't play to please you. He did it for himself and his family and nobody else.

This ^.

GO JAGS!!
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

Just watched the video.

It looked like he'd been eating well.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:Why would you be bitter? He was a free agent and wanted to come back but the team chose to move on. Besides that, the NFL is a business. I can never wrap my head around why so many fans get "mad" at a player for leaving or holding out. I've never taken it personally and I never will. It's none of our business in fact. He's a man who's sacrificing his body and long-term health to feed his family for the long haul. I hate to break it to you but he didn't play to please you. He did it for himself and his family and nobody else.

(This post was last modified: 04-28-2015, 06:09 PM by JagsorDie.)

haha aren't you an observant one... i dont think any fan is under the impression of anything different... but if it makes you feel smarter than other people to announce that, then  knock your self out... fans just dont need to be reminded of these ridiculously obvious facts by the people they are paying to see.. thats like shad standing on a podium saying he could give a crap about this city and he's in it for a business angle only... everyone knows that but we dont need to be reminded of it the way MJD made it a point to remind people every time he got behind a mic towards the end of his time here.... of course he did it for his family, money and himself, but it doesnt change anything or need to be announced on a continual basis.

was he a great RB for us, Sure.

should he be in the pride, NO

I agree.  I will never really understand why so many fans take things so personal.  It's not just fans of football, it's fans of pretty much any sport.  Sports and competition has always been a part of my life.  Do I hate to lose or hate it if my team loses?  Of course.  However, not winning has always been more of a motivator to me.  If I lose, or a team that I am a fan of loses, I don't get "bitter" or "angry".  I simply look for how "not to lose".  It's all about improvement.  That's pretty much how I look at life as well.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:haha aren't you an observant one... i dont think any fan is under the impression of anything different... but if it makes you feel smarter than other people to announce that, then  knock your self out... fans just dont need to be reminded of these ridiculously obvious facts by the people they are paying to see.. thats like shad standing on a podium saying he could give a crap about this city and he's in it for a business angle only... everyone knows that but we dont need to be reminded of it the way MJD made it a point to remind people every time he got behind a mic towards the end of his time here.... of course he did it for his family, money and himself, but it doesnt change anything or need to be announced on a continual basis.

was he a great RB for us, Sure.

should he be in the pride, NO
Anything he did in the public eye was to gain a leg up in contrat negotiations, not to insult you or any other fans. That, too, should be obvious but apprently not.
<FONT size=3>The secret to surfing is don't do anything.</FONT>

I loved MJD's playing style.  I will always remember him making play after play after play.  That playoff win in Pittsburgh, the Tennessee game when he and CJ exchanged long TD run after long TD run, 375 and so many more.  Good luck MJD!  Thanks for the memories!

“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

Quote:Anything he did in the public eye was to gain a leg up in contrat negotiations, not to insult you or any other fans. That, too, should be obvious but apprently not.
your SOOO right.... since it was for contract negotiation, anything said should be excused... its sooo obvious and apparent now... anything other obvious crap you wanna point out, you are on a roll here.

Quote:Just watched the video.

It looked like he'd been eating well.

I heard he had quite the dinner at the Conch House.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

My problem was some of his parting comments. Such as he was done wrong here, and a few other cheap shots once in Oakland.

His chip got old with me as well the whole the world over looked me act.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:My problem was some of his parting comments. Such as he was done wrong here, and a few other cheap shots once in Oakland.

His chip got old with me as well the whole the world over looked me act.

It wasn't an act through. That's just the way he is. Some guys are internally motivated while others require external motivation. It obviously worked for him.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:It wasn't an act through. That's just the way he is. Some guys are internally motivated while others require external motivation. It obviously worked for him.

Fair enough I just got tired of hearing about it
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:It wasn't an act through. That's just the way he is. Some guys are internally motivated while others require external motivation. It obviously worked for him.

Yep, and Mojo was a very vocal externally motivated type of player.

It just goes to show how done he really was by the time he got to Oakland.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.