Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bortles: Arm 'deteriorated' from overuse as a rookie

Nope, still want Fowler... dude is going to be a beast. 

Titansequaltrash aka my mini me. Follows me around like a cute puppy dog.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I would draft Blake Sims in the 7th...

Still want to surround Bortles with as much talent as possible. Cooper at 3, Gordon at 36 and lets roll!
Shock the world

Quote:Oh, and by the way, that 'deteriorated' arm threw alot less int's towards the end of the season, for whatever it's worth
Which raises two interesting questions for debate;  1) Were the interceptions the product of poor throws or poor decisions?

2) Did he realize that his arm strength had diminished and he became a little less aggressive? 

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(This post was last modified: 04-24-2015, 01:28 AM by P. Haze.)

Quote:Were you dropped on your head as a kid or did you just get bullied throughout your childhood. 2/3 of your post are insulting people and you are by far the poorest excuse of a moderator I have ever seen. Oh I better shut up before you ban me again.
Paul Blart is the only security guard on here to ban or warn me. He's a Grade A chump who climaxes off this man. Let him get off doing it and get a laugh from it. His go to is saying someone has reading comprehension problems. Funny guy.

I think it wasn't the passing that wore him out it was the 50 odd times he had to push himself up from the ground after being flattened by a guy weighing 280+ pounds

It was evident he was banged up at the end of this season but his decision making got better. If he can use this off-season to work on his foowork and Marrone and Olson can keep him upright he can be a 4000 yard passer for the forseeable future

Quote:Which raises two interesting questions for debate; 1) Were the interceptions the product of poor throws or poor decisions?

2) Did he realize that his arm strength had diminished and he became a little less aggressive?

I would lean towards just gained experience. Better recognition of defenses along with more patience and being a little less aggressive (as a result of better decision making)
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

Quote:Early season:

Mechanics ok + Poor vison = lots o’ interceptions

Late season:

Mechanics poor + Better vision = Less interceptions

New season:

Mechanics good + Vision good = ?

CHAMPIONSHIP!
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

Did his arm really deteriorate or did the functional use of his arm deteriorate?

I'm somewhat concerned if his arm experienced deterioration.

Quote:I seriously wonder about the problem solving skills and technical knowledge of a lot of people on this board.

I can honestly envision some of the posters on here having the following episode in their life:

<p style="margin-left:40px;">"Dang! My car won't start. This car is such a loser. I don't even care what the reason is, I expected it to start and it didn't! Total piece of monkey poo this thing is."

<p style="margin-left:40px;"> 

<p style="margin-left:40px;">"The reason it won't start is because you didn't put gas in it. Shouldn't you have checked the fuel gauge from time to time?"

<p style="margin-left:40px;"> 

<p style="margin-left:40px;">"I don't wanna hear any of your namby pamby, loser-life 'reasons' you loser!"

I think it's more likely they lack reading comprehension skills.  

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:Did his arm really deteriorate or did the functional use of his arm deteriorate?

Pretty sure he meant that his lack of mechanics lead to too much wear on his arm similar to a baseball pitcher. Just needed some rest. Get the mechanics fixed so the arm isnt doing all the work anymore and he should be fine for the future. 

Good thing our season deteriorated long before his arm did.

Not surprising, he wasn't even supposed to be the starter and then he was asked to do everything.

No pain, no gain.

Quote:Did his arm really deteriorate or did the functional use of his arm deteriorate?

i interpreted it more as fatigue as the season wore on. 

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

I don't understand this thread at all. Didn't Bortles have a real girlfriend?

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:I don't understand this thread at all. Didn't Bortles have a real girlfriend?

insert obama "not bad" meme here.

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:I don't understand this thread at all. Didn't Bortles have a real girlfriend?
He should learn how to throw with the other hand!  Keep one fresh for game day . :thumbsup:

Quote:He should learn how to throw with the other hand!  Keep one fresh for game day . :thumbsup:
Well... he swings lefty :

https://www.jaguars.com/media-gallery/vi...74b25162db

Quote:Well... he swings lefty :

Does his girlfriend know?

Honestly, I would love to draft Bret Hundley. That kid is special.

If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

Quote:Honestly, I would love to draft Bret Hundley. That kid is special.

I've long thought that the Jags should draft a QB in the late rounds of the draft to come in and at least compete for the backup QB job.

You just never know how a late rounded QB could develop, and he could actually turn into something or become a draft pick later on down the road. I know the odds are against it, but still, QB is the most important position on the entire field.

You already pretty much know what you are going to get with Henne, why not give another Qb a shot to see if the team might rally around him if he has to come in.

Although, at least Dave has found some decent players, with potential,in the late rounds, unlike the last guy we had in there.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.