Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bortles: Arm 'deteriorated' from overuse as a rookie

Quote:I think it wasn't the passing that wore him out it was the 50 odd times he had to push himself up from the ground after being flattened by a guy weighing 280+ pounds

It was evident he was banged up at the end of this season but his decision making got better. If he can use this off-season to work on his foowork and Marrone and Olson can keep him upright he can be a 4000 yard passer for the forseeable future
this.

I don't know if even with better pass protection that Blake will make 4000 yards as a passer this season, but I do know this; with better blockers, the whole offense will look dramatically improved. The #3 guy may be a receiver, DE, or even a QB (though I can't really see us taking a QB; I could see us trading down if that's what falls to us). However, I still think our greatest need is our offensive line. The truism stands; as the o-line goes, so goes the whole offense.

I y'ams who I y'ams and thats all I y'ams...

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

^ One reason why I'd support a trade down and take Scherff..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Said it before and will say it again. This guy is NOT a franchise QB in the true sense of the word. To make a statement like that proves that he is not. There are other QB's in the league that threw alot more times than he did. Now, if he said he was all bruised up and had trouble throwing it because he was so sore all the time...............based on the OL pass protection............this I would believe.

Quote:Said it before and will say it again. This guy is NOT a franchise QB in the true sense of the word. To make a statement like that proves that he is not. There are other QB's in the league that threw alot more times than he did. Now, if he said he was all bruised up and had trouble throwing it because he was so sore all the time...............based on the OL pass protection............this I would believe.
Dude was saying from college, to combine, to pro days, to camp, to preseason, to the season he had thrown a lot of passes. And it wore on his arm.

Even still he had better games later in the season, whereas Carr digressed late.

Whatever though... 

Quote:Said it before and will say it again. This guy is NOT a franchise QB in the true sense of the word. To make a statement like that proves that he is not. There are other QB's in the league that threw alot more times than he did. Now, if he said he was all bruised up and had trouble throwing it because he was so sore all the time...............based on the OL pass protection............this I would believe.

I disagree with this

A franchise qb would never say my o line couldn't protect me so I got banged up and couldn't throw properly

good leaders don't blame the troops in public whatever they might feel in private

Whether he is a franchise qb I don't know but I do feel he is a true professional

Don't make a mountain out of a mole hill. The context in which this was said was when he was confronted directly and asked about the length and wear and tear of an NFL season. It's not like he ran to the nearest reporter whining about his booboos and his skills have suffered from them. Don't make him sound like Gabbert.

No pain, no gain.

a franchise QB would not blame anyone but himself.

and it has more to do with bad mechanics than it does the amount of throws.

Quote:Hmmm?  Looks like he was out of shape last year.  I hope he puts in the needed work this off season to get in better shape.  He says he has lost some fat so hopefully it shows on the field.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...s-a-rookie
I dunno I was worried when I first had heard about this but after reading your article it shows that Bortles is still really hard on him self and hes in even better shape now than before so hopefully we'll see that on the field.

(This post was last modified: 04-30-2015, 07:17 PM by Jaxjagman2.)

Reading stupid articles like this will make you just as stupid

;

;
<FONT face="Weltron Urban" color=#008080 size=7><I></I></FONT> 

Quote:Reading stupid articles like this will make you just as stupid
No seeking as much information as possible before making a decision will make you well informed.  You want to see stupid?  Read your post.

Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.