Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Do you believe the Jags win more than 5 games
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Pre Draft Vegas has us at 5.5 wins. You believe more or less

This poll is worded really bad. Lol

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Agreed. I'm thinking an elite RB is top priority, after hearing about Bortles's arm.

[Image: Ataka-Facepalm.jpg]

Quote:[Image: Ataka-Facepalm.jpg]

Didn't his arm fall off? Can he even hand off?

Quote:Didn't his arm fall off? Can he even hand off?
[Image: 311mIXBFc8L.jpg]

Totally deteriorated, bruh.  RB at 3 mos def. 

6-8 wins seems logical
All I need is Jaguars football and my dogs

9-7 I think we will get off to a strong start and fizzle out toward the end of the season.

I am confident the defense, as is, will due it's share and keep us in games.  To win over 5.5 games, the offense will need to take a significant step forward.  I think the largest contributor of the offense either making or breaking is going to be the play of the tackles.  Can Joeckel and Parnell provide the RB holes and Bortle's protection?  I think just enough to give us 6-7 wins.   

I'm going into this season a pessimist. Under.

I'd go with under.  Probably a 5-11 season.  We probably split with the tacks and texans, beat the bucs, split one of the first two at home, and a surprise win somewhere else.  There are probably 12 games I think we could have a realistic shot at winning, with only the colts (x2), patriots, and ravens as seemingly unwinnable games.  At best, I'd say we split those 12, but that would be me with my teal shades on and not taking into consideration the recent ineptitude of the franchise.

Considering we haven't had 5 wins since 2011, it would still be the best season in nearly half a decade.  Tiny steps.

One of these years.............

Yup, Vegas has been accurate on their predictions for a while now. I was going to say 5-6 wins this season, but that tricky Vegas did it to me again.

I guess I'll take the under (5 wins)

I say we will win 6... but I doubt we win any more than 6. I say 6 because that's what I've been saying was the minimum number of wins to keep Gus out of the hot seat. The media reports that the players all say how much they really like him; well, it's time for 'the rubber to meet the road'... this is the time to prove it. I say no more than 6 because we still have a lot of relatively inexperienced players; even some of our 'vets' aren't really all that very proven. I'm thinking that since Vegas is currently calling us a 5.5 win team, I'm pretty close on this.

I y'ams who I y'ams and thats all I y'ams...

Quote:I say we will win 6... but I doubt we win any more than 6. I say 6 because that's what I've been saying was the minimum number of wins to keep Gus out of the hot seat. The media reports that the players all say how much they really like him; well, it's time for 'the rubber to meet the road'... this is the time to prove it. I say no more than 6 because we still have a lot of relatively inexperienced players; even some of our 'vets' aren't really all that very proven. I'm thinking that since Vegas is currently calling us a 5.5 win team, I'm pretty close on this.
Then again, I've been wrong before...

I y'ams who I y'ams and thats all I y'ams...

I'm prepared to guarantee at least 6 wins.

'02

I am picking 8 wins.  In the interest of full disclosure, I've picked 7 or 8 wins the last two years.  Tongue

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Satisfactory amount of wins for year 3 of the rebuild?  About 8.

How many wins do I expect?  No more than 5.

"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

Quote:I'm prepared to guarantee at least 6 wins.

I enjoyed Snowwolf776's 9-7 guarantee last year.  This year's batch of Gus juice must have lost some potency.

"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

Hmm check back after the draft.

That is a tough number to bet either way. Clearly those guys in the desert know what they are doing.

There is more potential this year to hit 6 or more wins, but I definitely won't be traveling to Vegas any time soon!

[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

Praying for 9 wins with some thrilling wins like in 2010.