Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Could Billy Donovan leave Florida for the NBA?

There was a rumor a few weeks ago that Scott Brooks was on thin ice in OKC and Billy Donovan could emerge as a candidate.

Step one done as Brooks has been fired.

Would Donovan leave Florida to go coach the Thunder? Here are dots that could connect the two.

Quote:<div>Florida coach Billy Donovan is expected to become a serious candidate to replace Brooks, sources told Yahoo.

Presti has a longstanding friendship with Donovan, a two-time national championship coach who has been open about his interest in moving to the NBA.

Not to mention the team has an upcoming lottery pick that will join last year's MVP in Kevin Durant and a guy who probably finishes in the top 3 for MVP this year in Russell Westbrook.

</div>

If he was ever going to leave, this would probably be the ideal job.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Brooks fired ???   WOW.

There is no way that dude gets fired without he blessing of Durant & Westbrook.

I don't think Donovan would go to OKC w/ the real potential Westbrook will bolt to LA and Durant heads to DC.   If anywhere, I could see Billy D head to the Magic (again).  I still don't think it's going to happen now that 7 players left Kentucky.  Billy D has a good system getting above average players staying 4 years but this time he screwed up and just got a bunch of average players.

DID ANYONE SEE AUBURN'S RECRUITING CLASS ???  There's definitely some cash being dished out in that program.

Well...at least for a day or two.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:Well...at least for a day or two.

... you know, just to get a feel for the scenery and such.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

If you're going to leave for a day or 2, I'd think he'd take a job with a much better scenery than going to OKC. 

Quote:If you're going to leave for a day or 2, I'd think he'd take a job with a much better scenery than going to OKC.
Like Orlando?

DOH!
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

I heard them talking about it on 1010....UF isn't going to be good for at least a couple of years.  If it's going to happen, now is the time.

Quote:I heard them talking about it on 1010....UF isn't going to be good for at least a couple of years.  If it's going to happen, now is the time.

Rare for a job this good to open up. The other openings are Denver and Orlando, both of them are purgatory at best jobs.

;

;

Billy has never indicated he wouldn't talk to NBA teams.  He was linked to at least one job last year.  It wouldn't surprise me to see him jump for the right gig. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Rare for a job this good to open up. The other openings are Denver and Orlando, both of them are purgatory at best jobs.

Wait Wait Wait ..... Durant and Westbrook are gone in 2016.

OKC will be the next team to tank for 5 years and attempt to build through the draft since no free agents are going there !!

Quote:Wait Wait Wait ..... Durant and Westbrook are gone in 2016.

OKC will be the next team to tank for 5 years and attempt to build through the draft since no free agents are going there !!

Exactly.  That team could fall apart quickly.  

One year of a good job with with two all star players is not that appealing to me.

Quote:Wait Wait Wait ..... Durant and Westbrook are gone in 2016.

Westbrook has two years left but I get what you are saying.

I wonder too if the Knicks or Lakers wrote him a big enough check, if he would leave Florida.

;

;

I guess they were going to interview Kevin Ollie and Billy and the rumor was that whoever they interviewed first the other was going to pull their name out.

Ollie just pulled his name out as a candidate.

Quote:Westbrook has two years left but I get what you are saying.

I wonder too if the Knicks or Lakers wrote him a big enough check, if he would leave Florida.

I think that is more realistic.  The Lakers would be perfect because Kobe's contract will be done in 2016 and Nash is no longer going to be on the payroll.  Jim Buss has no idea what he's doing though.

Quote:I guess they were going to interview Kevin Ollie and Billy and the rumor was that whoever they interviewed first the other was going to pull their name out.

Ollie just pulled his name out as a candidate.

Ollie ?  wow.   He's like Larry Coker.  Winning with former coach's players ...... watch out for a major Uconn Mens BB demise very soon.

(This post was last modified: 04-23-2015, 03:12 PM by TravC59.)

I hope Billy stays a Gator, but I can see why he'd leave. 

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Here we go

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--th...28237.html

Mark Long seems pretty sure that Donovan is gone.

Quote:Here we go

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--th...28237.html

Mark Long seems pretty sure that Donovan is gone.
It's been pretty solid for close to a week.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

I hope they get the Pitt coach.

Lord knows the AD won't fire that loser !!

It's official. Donovan to OKC.