Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Blake Bortles admits he was fat during the season

Per rotoworld:

Quote:Blake Bortles: I was 'kind of fat' as rookie

Blake Bortles | JAC

(April 21, 2015 1:16 PM EDT)

Blake Bortles says he was "kind of fat" as a rookie.

Bortles was apparently tipping the scales at 250 by the end of the season after weighing 232 at last year's Combine. He's now down to 238, and says he's reduced his body fat from 17 to 10 percent. Conditioning is one of many things Bortles must improve on as a sophomore.

SOURCE: JOHN OEHSER ON TWITTER

Well he certainly carried the weight well. Being well conditioned should only help him in his sophomore campaign.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Everyone knows the camera adds ten pounds.

He was joking around, but seems like he put in a lot of work this offseason. I'm excited.
Shock the world

I think what he would consider "kind of fat" is not what most people would consider overweight.  Good that he had time to get into better shape though and work on those mechanics.  He has the drive to succeed. 

Huh

admits he's fat?  lol

[Image: Brunell_sig_zps13c33193.jpg]

10% body fat for a 235 lb guy? Wow, that's almost Tebow like!

Didn't they say also that Luke Joekel gained 13 lbs and Linder gained also

Kind of fat. Not justin Blackmon fat. But kind of fat.

Blake was fat?  Like this .....

[Image: Kim+Kardashian+Kim+Kardashian+Arrives+Ho...mtv-Kx.jpg]

Quote:Didn't they say also that Luke Joekel gained 13 lbs and Linder gained also
Joeckel has been eating Bortles poopers....

Quote:Joeckel has been eating Bortles poopers....

Eeeew...

You nasty!

<i>Behold man's final mad disgrace.</i>

<i>He chops his nose to spite his face.</i>

-Etrigan the Demon

Bortles at 238 with that ability to keep the ball will be fun to watch. Move the pocket Olsen
Twitter Follow: @jSp3nce

(This post was last modified: 04-21-2015, 04:57 PM by Catfanatic1979v1.)

I saw somewhere (I think NFL network) where they broke down his game and said specifically conditioning had to improve. He was getting tired in the 4th quarter of games and thats usually when his mechanics broke down. He would revert to his old habits and it affected his ball placement.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/jaguars-bor...--nfl.html

In that article, it explains that he is working with QB Guru Tom House (former major league pitcher) and Jordan Palmer.

Quote:Blake was fat?  Like this .....

[Image: Kim+Kardashian+Kim+Kardashian+Arrives+Ho...mtv-Kx.jpg]

He had a baby with Kanye too?
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:He had a baby with Kanye too?

North Bortles??

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

He's not fat, he's big boned.

Bortles confirmed as anorexic per rotoworld.  Oh noes!

More importantly  - Gus says Joeckel gained 13-14 pounds and Linder is at 320.  Says the line came in looking like they worked hard. 

(This post was last modified: 04-21-2015, 07:12 PM by jagboss.)

Quote:More importantly  - Gus says Joeckel gained 13-14 pounds and Linder is at 320.  Says the line came in looking like they worked hard. 
and weren't they happy with Linder's weight gain also?I think Gus said Linder was near 320.