Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***The Official Schedule Release Thread***

Quote:Thanks D6.

If the Jags can pull off a 2-2 start for the first 4 games and float around .500 for the Chargers game we may be able to push for a late wildcard spot.

I predicted 6 wins or so based on the current roster as of today. 

Give these young guys a full offseason, a little luck and another solid draft class and I believe this team can compete for a wildcard spot.  

This division is even winnable.  The Colts, even with Luck, are not the Peyton era Colts yet.  They are beatable.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:PFT's take on the Jags schedule:

http://m.nbcsports.com/content/gone-till...ly-travels

Pretty much what a lot of us feel about the schedule. It would be one thing if we got the Bucs and Tenn for our 1st homestand, but Car and MIami are no slouch and can give our team fits. Then you finish that with back-to-back on the road against Indy/NE.

I mean, seriously. One bad break each in those home games that leads to a loss and we're looking at 0-4 before that stretch of having only one game at home until week 11.

That, folks...is ROUGH.

Quote:I predicted 6 wins or so based on the current roster as of today.

Give these young guys a full offseason, a little luck and another solid draft class and I believe this team can compete for a wildcard spot.

This division is even winnable. The Colts, even with Luck, are not the Peyton era Colts yet. They are beatable.

I'm just looking forward to being relevant in December again. 7-9, 8-8, 9-7 would be a godsend.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Pretty much what a lot of us feel about the schedule. It would be one thing if we got the Bucs and Tenn for our 1st homestand, but Car and MIami are no slouch and can give our team fits. Then you finish that with back-to-back on the road against Indy/NE.

I mean, seriously. One bad break each in those home games that leads to a loss and we're looking at 0-4 before that stretch of having only one game at home until week 11.

That, folks...is ROUGH.

just win the damn games.

playing carolina and miami at home isn't rough.  

that's the NFL.  Good teams can beat Miami and Carolina at home.

Average teams will at least split those 2 matchups.

Average teams also pick up a win or two on the road where they are underdogs.

That kind of stuff is expected in the NFL.  It's not their fault we are underdogs in every game because we suck.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:I'm just looking forward to being relevant in December again. 7-9, 8-8, 9-7 would be a godsend.

I think its crucial that we get at least one of those home games, both would be great. It would be too much to overcome for this young team going 0-4 to start the season.

Quote:I think it will be (and I will lean towards optimism for the Jags)

1. W (season opener, HOT)

2. W

3. L

4. L

5. W

6. W

7. W

9. W

10. L

11. W

12. L

13. W

14. L

15. L

16. L

I think I'd be satisfied if we finish like this.

That looks reminiscent of a Jack Del Rio coached team.  8 - 8 would be acceptable given the past few years, but I'd rather start slow and finish strong if 8 - 8 indeed is our record this year.  I'm thinking 6 or 7 wins myself, though I won't try to predict the games.  

Quote:I think its crucial that we get at least one of those home games, both would be great. It would be too much to overcome for this young team going 0-4 to start the season.

If we start 0-4, we may have Doug Marrone as the interim head coach by the bye week.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:just win the damn games.

that's the NFL.  Good teams can beat Miami and Carolina at home.

That kind of stuff is expected in the NFL.  It's not their fault we are underdogs in every game because we suck.

And yet, they probably would be more flexible with our schedule f not for that London game smack dab in the middle of the season.

But yeah, we have to win. Not exactly an easy feat for this team over the past years.

Quote:I'm just looking forward to being relevant in December again. 7-9, 8-8, 9-7 would be a godsend.

Agreed.

That would be a gigantic improvement.

Quote:That looks reminiscent of a Jack Del Rio coached team.  8 - 8 would be acceptable given the past few years, but I'd rather start slow and finish strong if 8 - 8 indeed is our record this year.  I'm thinking 6 or 7 wins myself, though I won't try to predict the games.  

Yeah the 3 Losses at the end would be disappointing, but I think 8 wins is very acceptable IMO. Think of it as:

1st year - establish culture

2nd year - be more competitive (regardless of record)

3rd year - compete for a playoff spot (8-8 would be that)

4th year - learn how to get over the hump and make the playoffs.

I think, give how we started, that's an acceptable trajectory.

(This post was last modified: 04-21-2015, 10:35 PM by knarnn.)

Quote:just win the damn games.

that's the NFL. Good teams can beat Miami and Carolina at home.

That kind of stuff is expected in the NFL. It's not their fault we are underdogs in every game because we suck.
Agreed.

We had Miami beat last year but we ended up beating ourselves with the pick sixes, blocked field goals, and the stagnant offensive outings. Carolina limped into the playoffs last year so they aren't invincible. Indy is Indy. They are beatable but you have to score points and pressure Luck. We did one of the two last year. Lastly, NE has been the thorn in our side for the past decade. I don't expect that to change this year.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:I think its crucial that we get at least one of those home games, both would be great. It would be too much to overcome for this young team going 0-4 to start the season.

I think the first 2 home games for the Jaguars are indeed very important for the team.   Especially,  considering the team starting the last two seasons with a combined 0-14 record.   Even one win out of the two games could change the mindset of the Jags greatly.  

Being that the two opponents are Carolina and Miami,   it's going to be games against teams that are used to playing in hot and humid weather.   The two games probably will come down to the respective running games and turnovers.  

Quote:I think the first 2 home games for the Jaguars are indeed very important for the team.   Especially,  considering the team starting the last two seasons with a combined 0-14 record.   Even one win out of the two games could change the mindset of the Jags greatly.  

Being that the two opponents are Carolina and Miami,   it's going to be games against teams that are used to playing in hot and humid weather.   The two games probably will come down to the respective running games and turnovers.  

The Miami game is a 4pm game too, which is a huge break. That 1pm start in Sept. is brutal for everyone involved.

Quote:The Miami game is a 4pm game too, which is a huge break. That 1pm start in Sept. is brutal for everyone involved.

Thankfully for the sake of everyone involved with the Jaguars,  including the fans attending the games,  they don't have two consecutive 1:00pm games in September.   Yet,  even the late afternoon game is going to probably be a test of will power for the players.    Being that the Jaguars two starting DT's are coming off injuries,  depth at that position unit is going to be critical for the Jags in these first two games.  

When will the pain end?

5 wins if we are lucky.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Seems like you have to earn a prime time spot with a winning record like the Patriots or Broncos, or Seahawks!

Quote:Says the guy who was going to put someone on ignore simply because he didn't agree with his opinion

YOU MAD Smile
Shock the world

Quote:YOU MAD Smile

For someone who was going to put me on ignore, you sure are responding a lot to my posts  :woot:

Quote:For someone who was going to put me on ignore, you sure are responding a lot to my posts :woot:

Settle down, little guy. Everything is going to be fine. The jags will win, I promise.
Shock the world