Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Buccaneers didn't think Blake Bortles was an 'alpha male'

I feel like Bortles is built to be the QB! I honestly wouldn't want a Manziel, thank god we dodged that bullet. Bortles is prefect, he needs to grow and get better at his mechanics which he never worked on in college. He can zip the ball anywhere, with the OL getting better and a potential rookie RB to carry the load, we could be looking at a really good season for Bortles. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

BCC is the epitome of garbage journalism..................er, excuse me I shouldn't use the word journalism. It is the epitome of useless blabber.

Regards......................the Chiefjag

I don't get the hate towards Blake Bortles. Maybe its,because the last QB Jacksonville drafted was Blaine Gabbert, yet it is not a similar story. Bortles is going to get better. Juluis Thomas is a big pick up. The team will improve. Not going to say BB will be the next Peyton Manning, but he is not going to be a bust.

Lol just trying to rile up jags fans with that article 

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Last week it was Tampa ripping on the Blackmon pick, now they're ripping on the Bortles pick.

Screw them.

Such is the state of journalism nowadays.

Most of the articles that are available seem to be of the editorial type than any kind of actual investigative work followed by fact checking and confirmation.

But I get as upset by an article like this as I do about Twitter feeds; most of this stuff is just made up.
I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Tampa jealous, always been. And we've soundly whipped them in recent past.
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

Does anyone out there have a list of QBs that have been drafted by the Bucs in the early rounds??

I'd like to see that list of Alpha males for myself.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Tampa Bay wants an alpha male quarterback with a type-A personality under center and in the huddle. After Licht and director of player personnel Jon Robinson spent time with Brady in New England, that’s the type of poised, charismatic leader they are looking for.

So the Bucs are looking for a QB with Brady's traits, hmmmmmm, who would have thought that??

Why are the Bucs taking shots at the Jags, first with the JB pick and then with the Bortles pick??

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

I'm ok with doing the opposite of whatever Tampa does.

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

I think Bortles is more of an Alpha Male than both of the two QBS going early this year lol. 

<b>We Believe In Victory..</b>

Jameis is going to have plenty of humblepie. Not sure he's going to like the taste or have an Oregon meltdown

And the Jags passed on Mike Evans because they didn't think he could be a number one receiver.  Doesn't mean he won't turn into a great player. 

See how easy that is?

When I moved to Florida, I passed on being a bucs fan..

Wise choice.. I win..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

This is the kinda trash article you get when alfie runs out of Fritos
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:I think Bortles is more of an Alpha Male than both of the two QBS going early this year lol.

I think jameis is an insecure idiot.

In terms of mariota, you don't have to be loud to be a leader. The article cites Russell Wilson as being a vocal alpha leader...but he is a stoic personality. Mariota has a bit of that same demeanor.

I'm intrigued to see how he adapts to the pro game. In the right system I see him having more success than jameis.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

I hope the Bucs are on this year's schedule! 

The Jaguars could use an easy win!  :thanks:

Quote:I think jameis is an insecure idiot.

In terms of mariota, you don't have to be loud to be a leader. The article cites Russell Wilson as being a vocal alpha leader...but he is a stoic personality. Mariota has a bit of that same demeanor.

I'm intrigued to see how he adapts to the pro game. In the right system I see him having more success than jameis.

I think people who call others insecure and idiots have innate ties to those terms to apply them externally.

I also find Winston rather rah rah and immature and wonder how he'll adapt to the pressures of the big league.

I don't know much about Mariota but hope he does well.  The league needs more quality QBs.

Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

Quote:This is nothing but a bunch of babbling from a fan-blogger with no evidence to support that anyone w/ the Bucs actually felt that way. 

Yep

;

;

Quote:I hope the Bucs are on this year's schedule! 

The Jaguars could use an easy win!  :thanks:
You get your wish.Both alpha males will go at it in Tampa this year.

Jacksonville Jaguars
<p style="font-family:arial, verdana, helvetica;color:rgb(34,34,33);"><b>Home:</b> Houston TexansIndianapolis ColtsTennessee TitansBuffalo BillsMiami DolphinsSan Diego ChargersAtlanta FalconsCarolina Panthers

<p style="font-family:arial, verdana, helvetica;color:rgb(34,34,33);"><b>Away:</b> Houston TexansIndianapolis ColtsTennessee TitansNew England PatriotsNew York Jets,Baltimore RavensNew Orleans SaintsTampa Bay Buccaneers