Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Buccaneers didn't think Blake Bortles was an 'alpha male'

Quote:Gotta love the evolution of today's journalism.

Tampa dude sitting home in mom's basement posts his thoughts that the Buc's would have passed on Bortles last year due to leadership abilities.   NO QUOTES.  JUST AN OPINION

Jag dude #1 sits at home in mom's basement and finds this article and posts to a website.

Jag dude #2 finds article posted by Jag dude #1 and posts link to Jaguars Message Board.

WOW .... SOUNDS LEGIT.  NOW I'M TOTALLY CONVINCED THE BUCS GM WOULD HAVE PASSED ON BORTLES FOR THE SPECIFIC REASON PROVIDED WITHIN THE ARTICLE  Wallbash Wallbash Wallbash Wallbash Wallbash

I'm more concerned by the fact that you don't know that we don't have basements in Florida than what some random dude says on a blog somewhere... Tongue
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I think people who call others insecure and idiots have innate ties to those terms to apply them externally.

I also find Winston rather rah rah and immature and wonder how he'll adapt to the pressures of the big league.

I don't know much about Mariota but hope he does well.  The league needs more quality QBs.

The quality will continue to get worse.  Colleges are recruiting more athletic QBs to fit the spread offense that exposes college defenses.  Ultimately, the NFL will become more like college offenses.but teams are going to need 2 quality spread QBs because they're more prone toward injury due to their # of runs.  I think the hybrid Russell Wilson type QB will become more of the norm in the NFL.

(This post was last modified: 04-21-2015, 09:21 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Quote:I'm more concerned by the fact that you don't know that we don't have basements in Florida than what some random dude says on a blog somewhere... Tongue

The term "posting out of mom's basement" sounds so much cooler than "posting out of mom's upstairs bonus room"  -- gotta keep it real !! 

Quote:I think people who call others insecure and idiots have innate ties to those terms to apply them externally.

I also find Winston rather rah rah and immature and wonder how he'll adapt to the pressures of the big league and losing games.

I don't know much about Mariota but hope he does well.  The league needs more quality QBs.

I added a little something to your post.

It will be interesting to see how JW reacts after losing some games as a starting QB.

We all saw the sideline confrontation with Jimbo when things weren't going so well against Mariota and the Ducks.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

I may be the only person that thinks Winston will be more mature as a Pro.  Things came too easy for him in HS and College since he's somewhat of a freak of nature.  This level is going to take a lot of work but I honestly think he has it in him to dedicate himself to reach a top 5 QB level in the next 5 years (when brady, manning, rivers, big ben, etc. are all gone).

Quote:You don't land Lindsay Duke without a little alpha in you.

they broke up. :'(

He may have become less alpha.  Lindsay walks around with the alphameter and measures her boyfriends routinely.  She tested both Winston and Mariota and won't even friend them on Facebook. 

Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

Quote:The term "posting out of mom's basement" sounds so much cooler than "posting out of mom's upstairs bonus room"  -- gotta keep it real !! 

[Image: 1486035a76beae1560384bfd0cdfc06a5e790e7b...f79bd8.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 04-21-2015, 11:05 AM by Catfanatic1979v1.)

You can't be a alpha male when you are a immature boy. It doesn't compute. One is a man, the other isn't. You can't be both at the same time. Discipline is integral to manhood and that is something Jameis lacks.

Quote:Bottom line, there is no substance behind the original BUCS article (i.e. NO QUOTE BY ANY BUCS FRONT OFFICE REP) so why would BCC copy it and post it into their own own Jaguars article like it is a fact?  That's a rhetorical question.
Because it's the dead zone and there's not much else to talk about right now?  We've got 3 pages and counting of discussion on the topic, and I'm sure they're getting plenty of page hits on the site.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:The term "posting out of mom's basement" sounds so much cooler than "posting out of mom's upstairs bonus room"  -- gotta keep it real !!

Posting from your mom's Florida room at the retirement trailer park?

Quote:Because it's the dead zone and there's not much else to talk about right now?  We've got 3 pages and counting of discussion on the topic, and I'm sure they're getting plenty of page hits on the site.

It was either this or join the 11 page discussion titled "Searching for Justin Blackmon"  :thumbsup:

Quote:Posting from your mom's Florida room at the retirement trailer park?

Is that an oxymoron?

OMG -- I'm so clueless.

[Image: 23_000_44_breckenridge_park_model_trailer_21813669.jpg]

Quote:Is that an oxymoron?

OMG -- I'm so clueless.
[Image: 23_000_44_breckenridge_park_model_trailer_21813669.jpg]

And that lovely piece of real estate is for sale too!! :thumbsup:

It actually looks kinda cozy.  Nice big porch for tailgating.

Anyway, I predict the Jaguars will open the season at Tampa, and Winston will never see the field in an easy Jag win. 

Quote:It actually looks kinda cozy.  Nice big porch for tailgating.

Anyway, I predict the Jaguars will open the season at Tampa, and Winston will never see the field in an easy Jag win. 

Define "easy Jag win".

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

That's ok they'll draft this [BLEEP] Winston and Lovie will be out.

No pain, no gain.

Quote:And that lovely piece of real estate is for sale too!! :thumbsup:
you are a mod for God's sake so act like one.
[Image: giphy.gif]

Quote:you are a mod for God's sake so act like one.

Lighten up.

This is called having an agreement to refer people back and forth to each others website for the sole purpose of getting hits.

It's nothing more than faux journalism to make a quick buck.

The fact that people see this then share it just enables this scam.