Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Denard Robinson: I should be the Jaguars’ No. 1 running back

Neither DRob or Toby makes me comfortable.  Speed with asterix and power but not quite.  Rookie gem or All Day All Night All World AP, then the current cast.

Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:<a class="bbc_url" href='http://m.nbcsports.com/content/denard-robinson-i-should-be-jaguars%E2%80%99-no-1-running-back'>http://m.nbcsports.com/content/denard-robinson-i-should-be-jaguars%E2%80%99-no-1-running-back</a>
Hmm i remember last year a backup offensive lineman that swore he could start at center..

how did that turn out?

Honestly what do you expect Shoelace to say, I hope they draft a good replacement for me?

I mean of course he wants to be number 1 but did he do enough last year to prove that he is worthy?

I guess we will have to wait for preseason to see....

Every RB on the roster should think that.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:Every RB on the roster should think that.

Especially with the depth chart that we have at RB.  

Denard is easily the best of the current pack. I wouldnt mind adding a 3rd round RB to add competition. I dont think Gurley/Gordon will be there in round 2, and the value there for other backs I dont like.

DRob has adapted to running between the tackles much better than I thought.  The question is whether he can stay healthy.  Running in open space as he did in college is a lot different than taking direct hits from the MLB.

Quote:Denard is easily the best of the current pack. I wouldnt mind adding a 3rd round RB to add competition. I dont think Gurley/Gordon will be there in round 2, and the value there for other backs I dont like.
I wouldve put in a good argument for Toddman but he's in Carolina now.  I agree shoelace showed enough spark towards the end of the season to at least be on the depth chart as #1 unless they draft or do something dumb like trade for AP.

The oline was horrible last year so all the RBs especially at the start of the season looked bad, but I haven't written Toby off just yet... I figure they saw something in the guy...

Quote:I wouldve put in a good argument for Toddman but he's in Carolina now. 

They could not co-exist.  It's like Montana & Young, Manning & Luck,

Quote:Denard is easily the best of the current pack. I wouldnt mind adding a 3rd round RB to add competition. I dont think Gurley/Gordon will be there in round 2, and the value there for other backs I dont like.

Exactly this. Round 3 or maybe even round 4 has some options though. I usually target Javorius Allen or David Johnson in the fourth in mock drafts, unless Jay Ajayi is there in the third, then I take him and run

I'm not just handing the job to Denard. First he has to show me he's not a total liability in pass protection meaning he simply has to stop whiffing on pass rushers. Second, he needs to compete because Toby is more of an inside power runner which fits Greg Olson's scheme better.

If it comes down to the draft, it sounds like Caldwell is going to wait at least until round three (possibly waiting until round five). My top target would be Ameer Abdullah, but I fear he'll be long gone by round three. Assuming he's gone by then, TJ Yeldon has caught my eye and I'm hoping he's there. If he's gone too, then I'd look for Duke Johnson as a great fit for Olson.

'02

Robinson is actually better at running between the tackles than Gerhard...

Quote:Robinson is actually better at running between the tackles than Gerhard...

I would hope Robinson could run between the tackles better than Gerhard Richter.

[Image: 440px-Gerhard_richter_02_2005_d%C3%BCsseldorf.jpg]
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

I'm a Shoelace fan over Toby, but lets see what Toby can do without the foot injury- I'd hate to write him off just yet.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IFSGIGp...freload=10

DUUUUVVVVAAAAALLLLLL!

based on his play last season hes earned it

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2015, 06:44 PM by roycee.)

Quote:I'm not just handing the job to Denard. First he has to show me he's not a total liability in pass protection meaning he simply has to stop whiffing on pass rushers. Second, he needs to compete because Toby is more of an inside power runner which fits Greg Olson's scheme better.

If it comes down to the draft, it sounds like Caldwell is going to wait at least until round three (possibly waiting until round five). My top target would be Ameer Abdullah, but I fear he'll be long gone by round three. Assuming he's gone by then, TJ Yeldon has caught my eye and I'm hoping he's there. If he's gone too, then I'd look for Duke Johnson as a great fit for Olson.
So you want to target Abdullah. Even though you think a power runner would be a better fit in the teams scheme?

The Jags seem to be in that never ending search of the bruising Fred Taylor style back. D-Rob is a good change of pace back, but I wouldn't put him in the "every down" back role. I'm hesitant to think him and Toby could make a good pair and share the backfield, because really, what has Toby shown other than a few good runs at the end of the season. Picking up a decent RB in the later rounds should be in the cards. Would be nice to learn we have a good to great RB on the roster already! Storm, where you at? :mellow:

[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

Quote:So you want to target Abdullah. Even though you think a power runner would be a better fit in the teams scheme?

Abdullah does it all. He's find and exploit creases... he'll take it outside... he'll power up the middle... etc... etc...

'02

DRob would be a good change of pace back like Todman was. I don't think he's a #1 running back at this level for a variety of reasons. 

No pain, no gain.

Quote:DRob would be a good change of pace back like Todman was. I don't think he's a #1 running back at this level for a variety of reasons. 

Such as?

Quote:I'm a Shoelace fan over Toby, but lets see what Toby can do without the foot injury- I'd hate to write him off just yet.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IFSGIGp...freload=10

Who's the dude wearing Gerhart's uniform?