Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Denard Robinson: I should be the Jaguars’ No. 1 running back

all of this about Drob and Gerhart and potential high RB draft picks... i have completely forgot about Storm Johnson, who i was hoping would show up a little more last year, but managed to slip into the shadows... i hope he works on his ball control this offseason and returns ready to put pressure on the other RB's... what was funny to me, was minus todman he seemed like the only natural RB we really had with Drob being a qb in college and TB being closer to FB imo.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The RB competition next year is going to be interesting. Robinson, Gerhart, Pierce, Johnson and (most likely) a rookie.

Quote:The RB competition next year is going to be interesting. Robinson, Gerhart, Pierce, Johnson and (most likely) a rookie.
And we could keep all of them if we don't have a "true" FB rostered.

He was a better back than MJD during Drew's last year and he was the best back we had last year - as a guy that didn't play RB in college and basically only half played RB in his rookie year(while still having nerve issues in his hand.) We didn't get a good idea of how good Gerhart was because of his early injury, but right now I would have Drob starting and Gerhart backup. I wouldn't even be actively looking for other options in the draft, Drob and Gerhart is adequate.

"Snow and cold may have stopped the armies of Hitler and Napoleon, but they won't slow down the Jaguars. "
;

;
-Steve Sabol

He has to prove it.  I also question his durability.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Our RB's have a lot to prove. I would give the early edge to Pierce since he looks like a more complete every down back. DRob is a good change of pace and Gerhart looked better down the stretch last season tough to tell we couldn't block a soul the first half of the season and who knows how hindered he was by injury. Will be a position of emphasis in camp.

No pain, no gain.

He showed flashes last season before his injury. And now we have an improved o-line (knock on wood). I bet we still take a guy tonight though. Jay Ajayi.
-Pre-Med student

-Future Physician, hoping to specialize in Emergency Medicine or Hematology

-Jags fan since May 24, 1996

Caldwell kept saying RB is the last piece they were going to add. Still other areas of more pressing need imo. Maybe in the 3rd, but I highly doubt they take one at 37. We shall see.