Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags agree to 1 year deal with Wisnewski

finally starting to add a little depth on the online.  Wisnewski and Pasztor 2 solid guys for depth, cant remember the last time we had that

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Wisnewski and Pasztor would both be starters the last 5 years or so and now they are depth players on the team, nice

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo'>Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/589480353947058176' title="12:27 PM - 18 Apr 2015">6m</a>

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/589480353947058176' title="12:27 PM - 18 Apr 2015">6 minutes ago</a>
<p class="" style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">C Stefen Wisniewski's deal with the Jaguars is one year at $2.5 million, source says.

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/BWilliamsonESPN'>Bill Williamson</a>

<div><a class="" href='https://twitter.com/BWilliamsonESPN'>‏<span style="color:rgb(177,187,195);">@BWilliamsonESPN</span></a>
<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/BWilliamsonESPN'>Lots of </a><a class="" href='https://twitter.com/hashtag/Raiders?src=hash'>#Raiders</a> fans wanted Wisniewski to return at guard. Problem was neither he nor the team were interested in that.
</div>

He's young and he knows Olsons system. This also gives the jags a bit more flexibility in the draft. Specifically the middle rounds. We can use that pick for maybe a slot receiver in Tyler Lockett.
Crab Cakes and Football! That's what Jacksonville does!

At least this staff has shown they can learn from their mistakes.

Last year we go into the season with unproven Mike Brewster as the Center and the only addition was a 6th round rookie.

It was a recipe for disaster. You can't just assume players will magically get better over the offseason. That's why additions like Parnell and Wisniewski (and hopefully another lineman in the draft) make good sense. There will be real competition this year.

If AJ Cann drops to the 3rd, should we go after him?
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

I hate that it is only 1 year.

Great signing. If he plays well we keep him around if not, he moves along next year.
"Sucess Is Not a Goal, It is a By-product"

Quote:I hate that it is only 1 year.

If he wins the job and shows no ill effects ffrom shoulder surgery, I would expect them to work on an extension midway through the year.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

BOOM!

Love it! More oline help!

They are planning for Mack next year.

(This post was last modified: 04-18-2015, 01:41 PM by Scarecrow.)

Quote:At least this staff has shown they can learn from their mistakes.

Last year we go into the season with unproven Mike Brewster as the Center and the only addition was a 6th round rookie.

It was a recipe for disaster. You can't just assume players will magically get better over the offseason. That's why additions like Parnell and Wisniewski (and hopefully another lineman in the draft) make good sense. There will be real competition this year.

If AJ Cann drops to the 3rd, should we go after him?

I would be all in support of adding more depth on the OL in the draft if the right player presents himself.  If we Caldwell can find us another Brandon Linder? Yes please! 

Quote:They are planning for Mack next year.

That's what I'm hoping for as well. Wisnewski is an above average center in the league but Mack is the best.

Sen'Derrick was a one year deal. That turned out well.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

Quote:He's young and he knows Olsons system. This also gives the jags a bit more flexibility in the draft. Specifically the middle rounds. We can use that pick for maybe a slot receiver in Tyler Lockett.

Now complete the line rebuild by grabbing Jake Fisher at the top of round 2 or Ogbuehi at the top of round 3 to develop for a year and push Joeckel. 

"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

Quote:“He gives us great position flexibility along our offensive line as he has started at both center and guard during his career. He has a familiarity with our offensive system and brings a lot of experience to our offensive line room.”

Caldwell  ^

Quote:Now complete the line rebuild by grabbing Jake Fisher at the top of round 2 or Ogbuehi at the top of round 3 to develop for a year and push Joeckel.

I really like both those players BUT we have more pressing needs than a back up swing tackle. At pick 36 I'd like the jags to address the RB if Gordon is there or FS if Byron Jones is there.

Quote:Caldwell ^

Joeckel Beadles Wisnewski Linder Parnell

That's a pretty decent oline with great potential. I really like this pick-up.

I like the signing but why would Oakland just let a good center walk at age 26? Is his shoulder injury more serious than he's letting on?
<FONT size=3>The secret to surfing is don't do anything.</FONT>