Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags agree to 1 year deal with Wisnewski

Agreed.  A Joekel/Beadles/Wiz/Linder/Parnell line looks a WHOLE lot better than the Joekel/Beadles/McClendon/Linder/Bradfield that started the season last year.  Experience AND depth.  

Quote:terrific addition. 1 year deal will be a prove it contract. if he comes in and beats out bowanko and has a good season, im sure he gets a new deal and our line only gets better. 

if he doesnt beat out bowanko he is there for depth and doesnt cost us anything next year. 

win/win

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I like the signing but why would Oakland just let a good center walk at age 26? Is his shoulder injury more serious than he's letting on?

Oakland picked up one of the best centers in the league in Rodney Hudson. Also they have a whole new offensive staff, so Wiz may not fit the scheme.

Quote:I like the signing but why would Oakland just let a good center walk at age 26? Is his shoulder injury more serious than he's letting on?
New regime first of all. Just like when we let knighton and daryl smith go... It didn't mean they were bad players.

The raiders managed to upgrade the position with someone who isn't injured.

Apparently they wanted to keep him as a guard, but he wasn't interested in that.

I like the move. Low risk, high reward potential.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

And he's another Penn State guy

Good move

(This post was last modified: 04-18-2015, 02:00 PM by TheDogCatcher.)

Quote:I really like both those players BUT we have more pressing needs than a back up swing tackle. At pick 36 I'd like the jags to address the RB if Gordon is there or FS if Byron Jones is there.

BUT a running back is only as good as his line, and a bruiser back to complement Denard can be found in round 3 or 4. Joeckel and Beadles need quality competition because both are suspect. 

"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

This is great.  No need for a center in the draft now, more competition in camp, and if Bowanko doesn't win the job he's still cheap insurance and will get another year to gain strength, etc.  I think Bowanko will ultimately be the future at Center, but it's good to have a Plan B. 

So, our O-Line Depth probably looks something like:    Joeckel/Beadles/Bowanko/Linder/Parnell

Pasztor/Wisniewski          /Williams

Not bad. Definitely better than last year.

Once again, I forgot about Williams.  Be interesting to see if he has anything left.

Quote:So, our O-Line Depth probably looks something like:    Joeckel/Beadles/Bowanko/Linder/Parnell

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

Quote:So, our O-Line Depth probably looks something like:    Joeckel/Beadles/Bowanko/Linder/Parnell

Leaps and bounds better than last year.

I thought Josh Wells played well when Joeckel was knocked out of a game last season too.

With Wiz making the line calls and knowing Olson's system, it should ease the transition to the new offense.  This signing makes a lot of sense. .

Quote:BUT a running back is only as good as his line, and a bruiser back to complement Denard can be found in round 3 or 4. Joeckel and Beadles need quality competition because both are suspect.

Denard is the complimentary back. We need a bell cow. Joeckel and Beadles flashed and started to come on strong toward the end. I don't think they will be a problem.
Crab Cakes and Football! That's what Jacksonville does!

I've wanted him here for a while. I like it
[Image: Brunell_sig_zps13c33193.jpg]

Of course Olsen knows Wiz well, and surely gave him a rec for Caldwell to go after him. I'm starting to actually get excited. The other day I said the Jaguars have a shot at 7 to 8 wins. This one move at least adds one win... I'm suddenly at an 8 to 9 win prediction.

'02

Good signing!

"It was Blake Bortles the whole time. They believe in this kid. He reminds me a bit of a young Ben Roethlisberger." ~Mike Mayock

Olsen effect.  Marrone got us Parnell supposedly.  Even if they guys suck as coaches at least we have familiar faces as reserves or potential starters.

Quote:Of course Olsen knows Wiz well, and surely gave him a rec for Caldwell to go after him. I'm starting to actually get excited. The other day I said the Jaguars have a shot at 7 to 8 wins. This one move at least adds one win... I'm suddenly at an 8 to 9 win prediction.

Backup center = one win?  I agree with your optimism to a point, the depth we have on the line is exciting.  If for nobody but Bortles!

Quote:Of course Olsen knows Wiz well, and surely gave him a rec for Caldwell to go after him. I'm starting to actually get excited. The other day I said the Jaguars have a shot at 7 to 8 wins. This one move at least adds one win... I'm suddenly at an 8 to 9 win prediction.

I personally see 5-11 to 6-10 as it sits currently.

7-9 would be pushing it.

8-9 would take a lot of luck.

Well they did rather effectively replace him with Hudson, and probably in a classic Del Rio move felt he deserved a shot at a starting role elsewhere.

'02