Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags agree to 1 year deal with Wisnewski

Good move
"Get Better Everyday"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

He also wasn't making it all that easy for them to re-sign him. You certainly can't blame a guy for wanting out of Oakland...

http://www.silverandblackpride.com/2014/...act-offers

'02

Quote:I like the signing but why would Oakland just let a good center walk at age 26? Is his shoulder injury more serious than he's letting on?
They signed Rodney Hudson who is a stud center, and he wanted to test the market, plus its Oakland

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:They signed Rodney Hudson who is a stud center, and he wanted to test the market, plus its Oakland

You and a few others mentioned that. I had forgotten (or not paid enough attention to) the Raiders' center situation. Makes sense. Glad we have some quality depth and a decent starting 5 across the front now. Bortles needs much more protection than what he received last year if this offense is going to grow.

The key will be Joeckel's development and strength training this offseason. He's supposedly adding weight and muscle and if he does, the line could turn from a weakness to a strength. The play of Joeckel remains the key ingredient to that unit's success.
<FONT size=3>The secret to surfing is don't do anything.</FONT>

Best value signing of the off-season

Talented young vet competition at centre at a very good price

Quote:Denard is the complimentary back. We need a bell cow. Joeckel and Beadles flashed and started to come on strong toward the end. I don't think they will be a problem.

You've made my argument for me. The draft is deep, with several physical "bell cows" to be found on Day 2 or even 3, such as T.J. Yeldon, 226 lbs.; David Johnson, 224 lbs.; Javorius Allen, 221 lbs.; and David Cobb, 229 lbs. 

"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

Quote:If this guy is good then is Bowenko going to move to guard and replace Beadle?
No.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Wiz will help this line immediately.

Give me Leonard Williams at #3 and our trenches are gonna be real nice.

(This post was last modified: 04-18-2015, 03:38 PM by JAXsonVIL.)

Quote:You've made my argument for me. The draft is deep, with several physical "bell cows" to be found on Day 2 or even 3, such as T.J. Yeldon, 226 lbs.; David Johnson, 224 lbs.; Javorius Allen, 221 lbs.; and David Cobb, 229 lbs.
Gerhart 235lbs. Plus one of those guys is gonna be a beefy backfield. I ain't even mad about it.

Solid pick up. If they draft a lineman in the 4th round this line could be pre-2007 era. The years prior to the playoff run had dominant lines as well. These types of move are similar to what happened that time. 

If they got him on a 1 year $2.5m deal as speculated earlier, Wisniewski is Dave's best value signing this offseason.  If the shoulder is healed, he's a solid center and backup guard.  With his experience and knowledge with the OC, he's likely got an edge up for the starting role over Bowanko.     

This might be my favorite signing

You win in the trenches. Let's get back to a physical brand of football.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

1 yr deal and the trail of bread crumbs tells me we may still be going after Alex Mack next off season.
Only a chump boos the home team!

With the addition of Marrone as O-Line coach, and pickups like this and Parnell, an OT in the draft for even more depth/competition, Joeckel being able to have a full offseason this year to get stronger, and Linder and Bowanko with a year of experience under their belt and Beadles familiar with everyone now, our o-Line should be significantly improved from last year. Bortles should not have to endure being under siege every other play now.

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

Kudos to Caldwell for being patient and getting a solid lineman at a reasonable price. As was stated earlier, this is one less position they need to address high in the draft. Very pleased with overall free agency except for inability to land McCourty.

The offense line is going to be incredible this year. I bet Gearhart gets a thousand yards!

Did anyone see where the Rams and jags are mentioned to be discussing a trade scenario? its on twitter. If we move down to ten, I could see us grabbing Brandon Scherff at G (not tackle) and REALLY solidifying the offensive line. The line depth would be insane.

Quote:Did anyone see where the Rams and jags are mentioned to be discussing a trade scenario? its on twitter. If we move down to ten, I could see us grabbing Brandon Scherff at G (not tackle) and REALLY solidifying the offensive line. The line depth would be insane.

At 10,I'd go Ray from Missouri

Quote:At 10,I'd go Ray from Missouri

Shelton or Dupree over Ray please...