Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags agree to 1 year deal with Wisnewski

Quote:@NFLDRAFTBITES mentioned it.

Ok,how about Arik Armstead at 10? We still get a guy who bring pressure and I would rank him higher than Shane Ray who is supposedly a top pass rush prospect.

I'm pretty sure @NFLDraftBites piggybacks off others and flings stuff to see if it sticks. I wouldn't trust it if it's only them discussing it.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Now we just need Greg Jennings to follow suit.

Yes. Yes please.

Quote:Did anyone see where the Rams and jags are mentioned to be discussing a trade scenario? its on twitter. If we move down to ten, I could see us grabbing Brandon Scherff at G (not tackle) and REALLY solidifying the offensive line. The line depth would be insane.
I highly doubt we select an oline man that high.

You can only invest so much at one time. There comes a point where you have to be patient and see if your investments pay off.

If we still have a spot that struggles this season, then I could see us making that kind of investment next year.

I just don't see it this year. Too many other needs that haven't gotten the attention that the line has.

Guys Wiz is an 88 on Madden!! Championship!!
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Gurley at 10? If his medical tests out, I'd contemplate it. Or another drop back a few spots if possible.

Quote:Gurley at 10? If his medical tests out, I'd contemplate it. Or another drop back a few spots if possible.
If we trade with Cleveland and get their two ones then it's best pass rusher and running back. If just at 10 I doubt they'll use their only first pick on him butt you never know with Caldwell. All you know is the pick will make sense in some way

I am as happy about this signing as any signing we have had in FA. Our line is really coming together.Competition at center and guard. We can now look elsewhere in the draft.

Nice signing. I still think Bowanko wins the starting job, though. I like that if Beadles, Bowanko, or Linder go down, this guy can step in.

Last year if someone went down I was like "oh crap"
Shock the world

I'd still like to see the Jags draft a developmental LT to back up Joeckel. If Luke goes down, who's gonna take his place? Sam Young? Tyler Shatley? Yikes.
<FONT size=3>The secret to surfing is don't do anything.</FONT>

Quote:I'd still like to see the Jags draft a developmental LT to back up Joeckel. If Luke goes down, who's gonna take his place? Sam Young? Tyler Shatley? Yikes.

Yeah.. This is why I hope we select a LT in the draft in mid rounds also.
Shock the world

Quote:I'd still like to see the Jags draft a developmental LT to back up Joeckel. If Luke goes down, who's gonna take his place? Sam Young? Tyler Shatley? Yikes.

I think Cody Booth is that guy.
"Sucess Is Not a Goal, It is a By-product"

my guess woild be Parnell at LT and Pasztor at RT

Quote:I think Cody Booth is that guy.

I forgot about Booth. Hopefully he'll be able to develop into a quality backup LT if nothing else.

(This post was last modified: 04-19-2015, 02:03 PM by SuperJville.)

Josh Wells

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Ok so Wiz played part of last year with a torn labrum that shows toughness. Has been a starter entire career. I liken this signing to the signing of Marks although a bit older. I think he beats out Bowanko and Bowanko will become the backup rotational guard center. Remember the Wiz has experience with Olson from the raiders. If he is healthy my bets on him.

Quote:Nice signing. I still think Bowanko wins the starting job, though. I like that if Beadles, Bowanko, or Linder go down, this guy can step in.

Last year if someone went down I was like "oh crap"

I'm highly doubting Bowanko has much of a chance if any to keep Wiz out of the starting line-up. He's now basically the Poz of the offense. Actually, I can totally see Poz and Wiz becoming best friends.

'02

Quote:I like the signing but why would Oakland just let a good center walk at age 26? Is his shoulder injury more serious than he's letting on?

They wanted him to play guard and he wanted to play center.

Quote:Ok so Wiz played part of last year with a torn labrum that shows toughness. Has been a starter entire career. I liken this signing to the signing of Marks although a bit older. I think he beats out Bowanko and Bowanko will become the backup rotational guard center. Remember the Wiz has experience with Olson from the raiders. If he is healthy my bets on him.

Wisniewski's only 26.

Quote:Wisniewski's only 26.
This to me is why the deal has the greatest upside. He may become a fixture at the position and ends up signing for less than Mack in the end. Good value signing. 

There really is no downside to this deal.  If he wins the starting job, he gets an extension.  If he doesn't, he's veteran depth at a reasonable rate.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]