Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags agree to 1 year deal with Wisnewski

Plus his experience with Olson can only help alleviate some learning curve of the offense
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Every NFL team needs at least one offensive lineman whose name ends in "ski".

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

So Wiz plays C this year, next year we bring in Mack and move Wiz to LG.... I'd be more than OK with that.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 04-19-2015, 05:52 PM by surfon.)

Personally I would have preferred a longer deal he will be costly if he plays well. Oakland signed Hudson from kc to replace him. Sorry I got some bad info from an online article that said he was going on 29 which did sound a bit older coming off first contract.

Anyways I really like the zsigning and think it will turn out to be an excellent pickup raiders gave hudson a 5 yr 44.5 mil contract. I am really suprised oakland cut bait like that. We shall see I think this will turn out well for us.

Wis played hurt last year which hurt him in FA. However, if Raiders fans believed he was average as a center playing injured then I like the upside in this signing.

Quote:Personally I would have preferred a longer deal he will be costly if he plays well. Oakland signed Hudson from kc to replace him. Sorry I got some bad info from an online article that said he was going on 29 which did sound a bit older coming off first contract.

Anyways I really like the zsigning and think it will turn out to be an excellent pickup raiders gave hudson a 5 yr 44.5 mil contract. I am really suprised oakland cut bait like that. We shall see I think this will turn out well for us.

If he plays good then he has leverage in negotiations for a new contract and raise. If he doesn't then he can backup for a year and then he can pack his bags and move aside so we can sign Alex Mack.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

I REALLY like this signing, I think he's going to push for a starting role. Huge pickup David! 

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

This from Peter King's MMQB article...

Quote: 

7. I think Jacksonville got a bargain (one year, $2.5 million) with an established center, Stefen Wisniewski, who was downgraded because of questions about an injured shoulder. It’s a risk, but if it works, the Jags will have a top 10 center.

http://mmqb.si.com/2015/04/20/tim-tebow-...les-nfl/5/

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Thats wassup

If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

(This post was last modified: 04-20-2015, 11:55 AM by muddylips.)

I'm wondering how bad the injured shoulder is; I think that a one year deal is the smart move until it can be proven that his shoulder can take the pounding. Even if he seems like he would be a huge help to our o-line, I think we are wise to be cautious about offering too much too soon or we could be setting ourselves up for disappointment the way Houston was with Tony Boselli.

I y'ams who I y'ams and thats all I y'ams...

Quote:Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 

<div style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">34 seconds ago
<p style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">Jaguars agreed on a 1-year deal with former Raiders C Stefan Wisnewski, per league source

<p style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;"> 

<p style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">Per Schefter.

<p style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">

</div>
Good Deal the line is already starting to look better with C & RT improvements.  The big elephant in the room is still luke at LT....

The more I think on this signing, the more I feel like he was a quick patch for the team. He's got to rehab that shoulder, but he should be rather familiar with the Offense due to his time spent with Olson (sp?) in Oakland. This should make it easier on him to where he can focus more on his rehab and less on learning the playbook.

I expect him to push Bowanko in Training Camp, but I still think Luke wins the spot. Either way, it's a nice pickup for relatively little money.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Tweet from SiriusXM NFL Radio (@SiriusXMNFL) - #Jaguars Center Stefen Wisniewski: Long process with a lot of ups and downs but I'm very happy to be a Jaguar. It's a good fit.

https://twitter.com/SiriusXMNFL/status/5...9298862081

Tweet from SiriusXM NFL Radio (@SiriusXMNFL) - Stefen Wisniewski: Think my shoulder had something to do with how long it took to sign somewhere but I'm confident I'll be healthy. #Jaguars

https://twitter.com/SiriusXMNFL/status/5...3381108736
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Jags sign RB Blair Thomas

OK .... this Penn State love affair has gotten ridiculous !!!

Think Justin Smiley type of signing. You guys sure do get overly excited sometimes.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

Wiz Graded total +11 in combined run and pass blocking in 2013 according to PFF.  -2 in 2014, Injuries? 

Quote:Think Justin Smiley type of signing. You guys sure do get overly excited sometimes.

Quick question... Who ties your shoes for you?

Quote:Quick question... Who ties your shoes for you?

Did he ever find his baseball?

Quote:Now we just need Greg Jennings to follow suit.

Could there be a problem with Jennings? One wonders; why did Minnesota say bye after 1 year and why still unsigned?
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

Quote:Could there be a problem with Jennings? One wonders; why did Minnesota say bye after 1 year and why still unsigned?
It was 2 pretty productive years for a guy his age and no real QB throwing to him. He is now at the part of his career where he maybe has a year or two left probably. No point in rushing to a team that might cut you before the season starts. He wants to actually find a team where he could be productive for a short time.