Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags agree to 1 year deal with Wisnewski

Quote:It was 2 pretty productive years for a guy his age and no real QB throwing to him. He is now at the part of his career where he maybe has a year or two left probably. No point in rushing to a team that might cut you before the season starts. He wants to actually find a team where he could be productive for a short time.

I'm not even sure that's the Jags anymore, especially if our guys develop as planned he'd be at best #4 before the year is out
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

On a note more related to Wiz, he's a top 10 center when healthy, Linder was a top 10 guard by PFF, and Parnell was in the top 10 RTs in his playing time I believe, if Beadles and LJ are even middle of the pack then that's a pretty solid OL we've suddenly assembled. Imagine if LJ suddenly becomes a beast with this added weight and coaching... Man, things are surprisingly optimistic in this position group now
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:Could there be a problem with Jennings? One wonders; why did Minnesota say bye after 1 year and why still unsigned?

$$  --- kind of like settling for a Budweiser only to find out they are charging $10 for it.

Very good signing late in the free agency season.

Quote:$$ --- kind of like settling for a Budweiser only to find out they are charging $10 for it.

Ha, I got ya. Buds should know their place, but I guess with Hennys, Scotches, JDs etc going for $18, they feel on par.
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

(This post was last modified: 04-20-2015, 08:50 PM by imtheblkranger.)

Quote:Ha, I got ya. Buds should know their place, but I guess with Hennys, Scotches, JDs etc going for $18, they feel on par.

I was on a layover at LaGuardia one time and the bar had Bud Light for $8.50 but Ommegang Abbey Ale for $8.25. Not sure if it was a menu error but I jumped on it!
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Love this guys attitude and demeanor!!!
Twitter Follow: @jSp3nce

Good signing.  Helps the team. I hope he is healthy enough to start at Center when the season begins. 

If an OG gets hurt, he can move over to replace them and Bowanko steps in at Center. 

http://www.jaguars.com/media-gallery/vid...6d6aa46c0a

Wiz meets the press ^

Guy seems like he can definitely offer vet stability to the interior line. Hope he's motivated to play at a high level and earn a long term deal.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

(This post was last modified: 04-22-2015, 10:04 AM by JaguarJosh05.)

I think the Jaguars really won out here. He embraced being a leader on the line, says he has an appreciation for the "nerd" aspect of the game. Which, at the pro level is way underrated. Still hungry for a long-term deal, and can solidify a position AND role of need along the offensive line. This could make Blake's job a lot easier. He also knows the offense we will be running so he will be like a coach on the field while everyone else will be trying to figure it out.

No pain, no gain.

Quote:Ha, I got ya. Buds should know their place, but I guess with Hennys, Scotches, JDs etc going for $18, they feel on par.

You hit the nail on the head with that expanded analogy !!

Does Projected 3rd Round pick Hroniss Grasu officially come off of our board or do you still pick him up if he drops to the 4th round --- or do you not touch a center unless a top 3 center drops severely into the 5th or 6th round?

Quote:http://www.jaguars.com/media-gallery/vid...6d6aa46c0a

Wiz meets the press ^

I liked the confidence he showed.

Quote:I liked the confidence he showed.

Pittsburgh boy --- THAT'S THE WAY WE ROLL !!!

Why should Wiz fear a 6th round rookie Bowanko?  Let's be real, Bowanko was bad.  He has some upside, and he's athletic, but he's nowhere near the level of Stefen Wisniewski.  Wiz should win the job.. and if he doesn't, then maybe Bowanko really did step up big time and has gotten better.

It's a win-win for the team.

I personally hope Wisniewski comes back healthy and plays very well and earns himself a nice contract by the Jaguars (like the Sen'Derrick Marks situation 2 years ago).

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:Why should Wiz fear a 6th round rookie Bowanko? Let's be real, Bowanko was bad. He has some upside, and he's athletic, but he's nowhere near the level of Stefen Wisniewski. Wiz should win the job.. and if he doesn't, then maybe Bowanko really did step up big time and has gotten better.

It's a win-win for the team.

I personally hope Wisniewski comes back healthy and plays very well and earns himself a nice contract by the Jaguars (like the Sen'Derrick Marks situation 2 years ago).

This

Nailed every question in the interview. Sounds like a cerebral type of guy. This was a great free agency signing (provided the shoulder recovers well).

His shoulder should be fine.  The labrum just needs to heal, and then he just has to start training again and building strength.

Having a rotator cuff tear, on the other hand (like Kobe Bryant), is a much slower recovery with much more expected weakness following surgery.

As an example, I think Roy Miller also had his labrum repaired in the offseason last year, and you could see how well he played in 2014.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

(This post was last modified: 04-22-2015, 10:35 AM by RicoTx.)

Quote:His shoulder should be fine. The labrum just needs to heal, and then he just has to start training again and building strength.

Having a rotator cuff tear, on the other hand (like Kobe Bryant), is a much slower recovery with much more expected weakness following surgery.

As an example, I think Roy Miller also had his labrum repaired in the offseason last year, and you could see how well he played in 2014.
I don't know where you got your information about labrums not being as severe.

You do know that's what caused Boselli to retire right?

Hell. I'd go as far as saying it's even worse for an offensive lineman.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]