Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Which WR do you drop ?

(This post was last modified: 04-06-2015, 01:43 PM by Andy G.)

If we pick Cooper or White and then play them on the outside, then one or Robinson or Lee will likely be dropped from the starting lineup. Or they might be forced to take snaps as the slot reciever.

My question is a simple one. Which one makes way ?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Neither. 

Robinson will start on the outside regardless. He's likely to get most of the snaps at X, IMO.  

Lee would  probably split time with the Z(flanker/motion guy)  and the Y(slot) IMO.  They'll likely find a way to get Lee on the field even if a draft pick becomes the primary Z (Lee's current assumed position).

If it's Cooper  - they may have more flexibility as he could share time at Y and Z.

White seems more of an X type and may not provide as much flexibility.

Remember - Sullivan likes them to learn all three spots and Fisch did move them around a fair amount. I expect Olson will take advantage of that opportunity to create favorable match-ups as well. 

Lee. Robinson was hands down way better than Lee

Thats assuming we draft Cooper ( which i am heavily in favor of), but i don't know if its necessarily "dropping" a player. More competition for the WR corp. Ill be dead honest, and i say this quite frankly, of all the receivers last year, Allen Hurns to me was the one who "flashed" the most. Im not necessarily knocking Robinson or Lee, but to me, even though Hurns disappeared at times (blame horrible offense mostly),  he stood out to me the most. I thought he showed some amazing potential. I don't think Robinson and Lee showed enough to me for me to say that we are fine at WR. We have been down this road before. I think Robinson has the tools to be a great possession receiver, but it appears he's got some injury concerns, he's already been hurt like 3 times. Lee is a guy that i really liked last year, but it took him so long to catch on, he's kinda your boom or bust guy. He's either gonna be great or he's not going to be great at all. 

If your sitting their at 3, and your not getting a farm like trade offer, Amari Cooper has to be seriously considered. I think he's one of the best players in the draft, definitely the best receiver and has that game changing ability. Jags tried hard to get Randal Cobb, and that alone convinces me WR will be addressed early in the draft. 

Hypothetically, if we do draft Cooper. I think Cooper and Robinson are your outside WR, with Lee in the slot, Hurns as your 4th, but nothing is guaranteed. Like i said, Hurns to me flashed a ton and i could easily see him taking out Robinson or Lee if he has an amazing camp, preseason and produces in his role beginning of the season. 

I doubt we go WR just because you would think they would finish up the front 7 with a LEO. We can grab one in the top 10 and worry about WR later. Im more worried about RB then I am WR.  But if we grab Cooper/White we will drop Lee to slot and Robinson on the opposite. 

I have an issue with the whole premise of the thread because, on the surface, it reads as if there can only be two "starting caliber" WRs on the field for the first play. Why does that have to be the case? Why not start out in a personnel alignment that has three WRs, one TE, and one RB?

Why live in the box? There's a lot more room outside of it.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

It has nothing to do with "dropping" a WR. I think Lee could be one of the best slot receivers in the NFL -- his skillset fits the slot better than it fits the outside. He's excellent at getting quick separation and he is excellent at picking up YAC over the middle.

I think even with Allen Robinson on one side and Kevin White on the other, Lee could still be a 800-900 yard receiver as the slot guy and having so much talent at WR only encourages us to use more 3-WR sets. Rest assured that's what we would do rather than just leaving a talented player like Lee on the bench.

Quote:I doubt we go WR just because you would think they would finish up the front 7 with a LEO. We can grab one in the top 10 and worry about WR later. Im more worried about RB then I am WR. But if we grab Cooper/White we will drop Lee to slot and Robinson on the opposite.

The front 7 needs a nose tackle and depth on the interior far more than it needs a LEO. And an Otto LB is another bigger need.

Quote:Lee. Robinson was
hands down way better than Lee

Some players make a huge jump the 2nd year.  So you never know.  

Quote:Hypothetically, if we do draft Cooper. I think Cooper and Robinson are your outside WR, with Lee in the slot, Hurns as your 4th, but nothing is guaranteed. Like i said, Hurns to me flashed a ton and i could easily see him taking out Robinson or Lee if he has an amazing camp, preseason and produces in his role beginning of the season. 

Quote:I doubt we go WR just because you would think they would finish up the front 7 with a LEO. We can grab one in the top 10 and worry about WR later. Im more worried about RB then I am WR.  But if we grab Cooper/White we will drop Lee to slot and Robinson on the opposite. 

Quote:It has nothing to do with "dropping" a WR. I think Lee could be one of the best slot receivers in the NFL -- his skillset fits the slot better than it fits the outside. He's excellent at getting quick separation and he is excellent at picking up YAC over the middle.

I think even with Allen Robinson on one side and Kevin White on the other, Lee could still be a 800-900 yard receiver as the slot guy and having so much talent at WR only encourages us to use more 3-WR sets. Rest assured that's what we would do rather than just leaving a talented player like Lee on the bench.

Anybody know how much Lee was in the slot when we had a moderately healthy WR group?

Quote:The front 7 needs a nose tackle and depth on the interior far more than it needs a LEO. And an Otto LB is another bigger need.

I disagree. We need a NT but not as bad as we need a legit LEO. OTTO is fixed with Skuta. Interior DL has depth with Ziggy Hood, Abry Jones, both which can fill in while our Marks and Miller recover. We are almost there but the DT injuries have slowed that process down. Would you rather take a WR or a LEO? IF you don't take a LEO you still need A LEO as well as interior depth and OTTO if Skuta doesn't work out. 

You know, there's the other end of the depth chart at WR that would more than likely be the place to create space if we start cutting anyone.  It's note going to be any of the draft picks from last year. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:I have an issue with the whole premise of the thread because, on the surface, it reads as if there can only be two "starting caliber" WRs on the field for the first play. Why does that have to be the case? Why not start out in a personnel alignment that has three WRs, one TE, and one RB?

Why live in the box? There's a lot more room outside of it.

Preach on, brother Deacon! Preach on!

Let's move on from the stone age and norm offense we've seen in years past. Lets, gasp, have more playmakers on the field.

I don't see a WR taken at the top of the first but if the team ended up with Cooper/White I would love to see White/Cooper on the field with ARob, Lee and Julius Thomas. Yes, please.

(This post was last modified: 04-06-2015, 04:39 PM by theguy77.)

Quote:I disagree. We need a NT but not as bad as we need a legit LEO. OTTO is fixed with Skuta. Interior DL has depth with Ziggy Hood, Abry Jones, both which can fill in while our Marks and Miller recover. We are almost there but the DT injuries have slowed that process down. Would you rather take a WR or a LEO? IF you don't take a LEO you still need A LEO as well as interior depth and OTTO if Skuta doesn't work out.

Uh Ziggy Hood and Abry Jones are both awful. We need more interior depth. Roy Miller's solid but does he have more potential than Danny Shelton or Carl Davis? I absolutely doubt it. And then obviously there's Leonard Williams, who we should draft even if our line was twice as good as it is now.

We have depth already at LEO - Branch? Davis? We just drafted a guy last year? And as long as Clemons is still as explosive as he is even at his age, we don't need a new starter. Clemons is an 8-10 sack guy by himself even taking into account how much he's rotating with the others.

And you even say yourself that Skuta is not a guaranteed solution at Otto, which is correct. We have no other Otto LBs. We got rid of Dekoda Watson and JT Thomas and everyone else is either a MIKE or a WILL. I don't feel comfortable with Skuta being our only guy at that position.

Quote:Uh Ziggy Hood and Abry Jones are both awful. ​ 

And you even say yourself that Skuta is not a guaranteed solution at Otto, which is correct. We have no other Otto LBs. We got rid of Dekoda Watson and JT Thomas and everyone else is either a MIKE or a WILL. I don't feel comfortable with Skuta being our only guy at that position. 
<p style="font-size:12px;">Abby Jones isn't awful. He's decent depth there. 

<p style="font-size:12px;"> 

<p style="font-size:12px;">Khairi Fortt and Jeremiah George were brought in to compete there. (OTTO)  George actually looked quite good filling in at MLB for two games before he got hurt. Both are also considered ST aces.  At least one will likely be your OTTO depth. 

Quote:

Abby Jones isn't awful. He's decent depth there.

Khairi Fortt and Jeremiah George were brought in to compete there. (OTTO) George actually looked quite good filling in at MLB for two games before he got hurt. Both are also considered ST aces. At least one will likely be your OTTO depth.

I think Jones would make a fine backup on most teams, but we rotate our line far too often to trust him that much in the running game. When Lamar Miller, Jeremy Hill, DeMarco Murray, Arian Foster etc were breaking off big runs, it was usually when our second line was subbed in. Gus Bradley is going to do that no matter what to keep the starters fresh so we might as well stack the line some more to ensure consistent performance.

Jeremiah George is a MIKE linebacker and is more of a Poz backup than an Otto. The Otto should have some pass rushing skills. I will admit that I have seen no tape on Fortt so I can't really argue about him.

A three-receiver set with one tight end and one running back would be just shy of suicide for the run game. Julius Thomas is ineffective as a blocker. He's a stalemate guy at best, definitely not someone who's going to push a linebacker out of the lane. With a bigger running back, it might work, but not 200-lb. Shoelace. I hope it's not utilized as a base set for that reason.

As to who moves into the slot, I think it depends on who gets drafted. Robinson is definitely an outside guy, whereas Lee could play inside or out, depending on what the rookie's strengths are.

thats a lot of high draft picks invested just for one position

Nobody drafted or picked up from last year would be cut. So that would mean Robinson, Lee, and Hurns are safe. If anybody gets cut it would be Sanders to make room for a guy like Cooper or White if we end up picking one of those guys with the third overall pick. And if that's the case. Robinson and Cooper/White we'll see more playing time than anybody with Lee and Hurns rotating in/out of certain packages or in 3 WR sets.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Robinson is our best WR.

Quote:I think Bridgewater at 3 is better value than Mack at 3, yes.

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>