Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***OFFICIAL 2015 MLB Season Thread***

Matt Harvey is back

:yes:

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Looks like every other year the Indians have no ability to play the Tiggers.

I know it's supposed to be "America's pastime", but they just have to find a way to make baseball not seem like such a long and drawn out game that takes too long to play.

I used to watch more baseball years ago, but have slowly watched less and less as the years have gone by.

Any ideas how to speed up the game out there?

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:I know it's supposed to be "America's pastime", but they just have to find a way to make baseball not seem like such a long and drawn out game that takes too long to play.

I used to watch more baseball years ago, but have slowly watched less and less as the years have gone by.

Any ideas how to speed up the game out there?

It's fine the way it is.

That wasn't a catch.

Quote:I hope the Pirates can get one tonight. Lost two they shouldn't have in Cincy. First series of season, but it's a three game hole already. 

Big series with the Brewers now.

I'm very impressed with the way Andrew McCutchen responded today.  It looked like he could be out for a while with a knee injury.  After missing only one game,  McCutchen hit a 3 run HR and  had another single/ RBI.    This is the type of leadership by example should pay dividends for the Pirates moving forward.

Simmons being Simmons

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on-base...ainst-mets

Quote:Simmons being Simmons

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on-base...ainst-mets

Do you not watch the games? You are a couple days late.

Detroit is going to lead the MLB in runs.

Quote:Do you not watch the games? You are a couple days late.

Iglesias is better, amirite?

It's Iglesias and Simmons and then everybody else. Iglesias has mad a couple plays on par with that one. Simmons is a phenomenal SS, though.

Springer, catch of the year

;

;

Quote:Springer, catch of the year

The spectacular catch prevented a walk off Grand Slam HR in extra innings.   The Astros eventually won the game.   It doesn't get much better than that when it comes to impact plays in a baseball game.  

Quote: The spectacular catch prevented a walk off Grand Slam HR in extra innings.   The Astros eventually won the game.   It doesn't get much better than that when it comes to impact plays in a baseball game.  

And he made it look easy. Great play.

Quote:And he made it look easy. Great play.

It's exciting to see the skills that George Springer brings to the table both from an Offensive and Defensive standpoint.   The Astros are a young team that's ascending,  with Springer a center piece to their plans.   Last season as a rookie,  Springer made a spectacular catch that got rave reviews as well.    That catch was in CF. 

So after the first week of play, both the biggest surprise and biggest disappointment has to come from the NL East, right? Biggest surprise so far has to be the Braves and their 5-1 start after an offseason of rebuild. Biggest disappointment is the Marlins. 1-5 start after making a lot of decent offseason moves and now even their interim ace Henderson Alverez is going to have an MRI on his elbow.

(This post was last modified: 04-13-2015, 04:11 PM by UCF Knight.)

Following the gamecast of the Pirates/Tigers.  Really need that bullpen to pull through.  Giving up 1 run so far is great.

An insurance run or two in the 8th wouldn't hurt.

Edit:  The relievers gave up 3 in the 9th to make it a 5 to 4 Pirate win.  Gives the Tigers their first loss of the year.

(This post was last modified: 04-13-2015, 04:12 PM by TravC59.)

Pirates tried to give it away late but put the first L on the kitties today. I'll take it.
TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Quote:So after the first week of play, both the biggest surprise and biggest disappointment has to come from the NL East, right? Biggest surprise so far has to be the Braves and their 5-1 start after an offseason of rebuild. Biggest disappointment is the Marlins. 1-5 start after making a lot of decent offseason moves and now even their interim ace Henderson Alverez is going to have an MRI on his elbow.
I might go surprise Royals starting 6-0 when projected by a lot of experts to finish in 4th in the central this year. I'd say Nationals as disappointment. Very popular pick to win the World series by almost every expert. Started the year 2-4 and getting smoked so far today.

(This post was last modified: 04-13-2015, 06:17 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

[Image: piratesrogerflagwi-1.jpg]