Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***OFFICIAL 2015 MLB Season Thread***

(This post was last modified: 04-13-2015, 07:05 PM by TheSchmidt.)

Quote:It's Iglesias and Simmons and then everybody else. Iglesias has mad a couple plays on par with that one. Simmons is a phenomenal SS, though.
It's Tier GOD: Simmons

Tier 1: Iglesias and whoever else

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:It's Tier GOD: Simmons

Tier 1: Iglesias and whoever else

K

I hate when the Tigers have to play on the road vs NL teams. Losing that Switch hit bat of VMart in the middle of the order sucks.

Quote:[Image: piratesrogerflagwi-1.jpg]
Raise It! :thumbsup:

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Quote:I hate when the Tigers have to play on the road vs NL teams. Losing that Switch hit bat of VMart in the middle of the order sucks.
I think it's ridiculous that the leagues play by different rules. The National League does it right, make the pitchers hit. Should be a set of rules for the MLB as a whole. A pitcher is a player, make em hit.

Added to the pitcher hits rule is more strategy as well in that NL Managers are affected with. When a manager knows he will be taking his pitcher out, he will sub a bench player for him to hit. This effectively uses up the bench player who will then be replaced by another pitcher in the next inning, and is no longer able to play for that game. Choosing to pull a pitcher is then a more subtle strategic decision in the NL.

In the AL they can change pitchers all day without using up a bench player, hitting order not affected.

;

The Rays pitching staff has really picked it up the past week. 4-1 in their last 5. And that is without Alex Cobb and Drew Smyly.

Quote:I think it's ridiculous that the leagues play by different rules. The National League does it right, make the pitchers hit. Should be a set of rules for the MLB as a whole. A pitcher is a player, make em hit.

Added to the pitcher hits rule is more strategy as well in that NL Managers are affected with. When a manager knows he will be taking his pitcher out, he will sub a bench player for him to hit. This effectively uses up the bench player who will then be replaced by another pitcher in the next inning, and is no longer able to play for that game. Choosing to pull a pitcher is then a more subtle strategic decision in the NL.

In the AL they can change pitchers all day without using up a bench player, hitting order not affected.

I agree that it's ridiculous the two leagues have a different set of rules. I would prefer to see the NL adopt the DH, though. Too many pitchers are useless at the plate and don't even take their at-bats seriously.

I can't stand how the pitcher's spot in the batting order is almost an automatic out. If you have guys on 1st and 2nd with 2 outs and the #8 batter up, you don't have to give him a fastball because the pitcher is going to (likely) be an easy out to end any potential rally. There's hardly any risk at all in loading the bases up because most pitchers are useless at the plate (especially with 2 outs).

Here is a CBS article in favor of the DH rule.

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on-base...nal-league

I can see both sides of the story, though.

(This post was last modified: 04-14-2015, 03:53 PM by TravC59.)

Quote:I agree that it's ridiculous the two leagues have a different set of rules. I would prefer to see the NL adopt the DH, though. Too many pitchers are useless at the plate and don't even take their at-bats seriously.

I can't stand how the pitcher's spot in the batting order is almost an automatic out. If you have guys on 1st and 2nd with 2 outs and the #8 batter up, you don't have to give him a fastball because the pitcher is going to (likely) be an easy out to end any potential rally. There's hardly any risk at all in loading the bases up because most pitchers are useless at the plate (especially with 2 outs).
But this is baseball. Guys play both in the field and bat. That's the game.

The DH is a fan rule. Fans want to see more runs, more hits, etc.

;

Quote:But this is baseball. Guys play both in the field and bat. That's the game.

The DH is a fan rule. Fans want to see more runs, more hits, etc.

I want to see pitchers challenge batters and batters challenge pitchers. I don't want to see automatic outs because pitchers bat like Helen Keller.

Surely you can at least see there are two logical sides to this, right?

Quote:The Rays pitching staff has really picked it up the past week. 4-1 in their last 5. And that is without Alex Cobb and Drew Smyly.

Yeah, the they look surprisingly good. Now if the offense could just get a few more well timed hits.

The AL does it right. Who wants to see the pitcher bat? That is just a waste of a space in the lineup. The hitting right now is pathetic enough as it is.

Quote:Surely you can at least see there are two logical sides to this, right?
Sure I can. One is to appease the fans thirst for offense, the other is a logical approach to a team game.

;

AJ Burnett dealin it tonight son! Ol Cabrera with the classless play after being struck out. Loved it

;

[Image: da43355c70ef3bbe354d26ccd0e09e0bd28f3afc...8a590f.jpg]

"Raise it!"

Nothing to be upset about Pirates fans. It's a long season and it's hard to sweep teams that are better.

Quote:Nothing to be upset about Pirates fans. It's a long season and it's hard to sweep teams that are better.
It's also hard to sweep teams when you lose the first game of the series.

;

Quote:It's also hard to sweep teams when you lose the first game of the series.

I'm not worried about it. The Tigers have the most wins in baseball right now. Can't expect to win them all, especially interleague road series. When is the last time you saw a team go 162-0?

(This post was last modified: 04-15-2015, 10:07 AM by hailtoyourvictor.)

I'm just glad the Tigers can throw their #4 SP, on the road, without their 2nd best batter out of the lineup, and come away with the win. Now I'm not sure if the Pirates are a playoff team, but this is the time of performance the Tigers will need come October.