Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Remember Derrick Harvey?

Was just sitting here reading about Gators DE Fowler,and looking at mock drafts and then i notice everything about him sounded familiar to me, then it finally hit me,Derrick Harvey, arguably one the jaguars biggest bust of all time!

So i googled Derrick Harvey to see what hes been doing with his life.And yep, just as i figured he was doing nothing, hes a FA smh!

So fans please remember Derrick Harvey when you mock the jags getting the next big Leo pass rusher.Because just because they look good it just might not translate to the nfl.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

As a Jags fan I have become very skeptical about drafting any Gator defensive players in early rounds of the draft.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

I remember Jevon Kearse. That's a guy from Florida who has nothing to do with Fowler Jr. also. Aldon Smith and Sheldon Richardson came from Mizzou. That had no influence on Michael Sam and won't with Shane Ray. Man, Fowler doesn't even play for the same coach as Harvey. They aren't even similar

Brilliant thread.

....again.

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

If only Fowler had stayed at FSU, he may have been good then !

Is there a Gator rb we can draft? Will be just like Fred

Quote:Brilliant thread.

....again.

I really liked the part where he patted himself on the back for predicting a draft bust was now a free agent. 

Quote:I remember Jevon Kearse. That's a guy from Florida who has nothing to do with Fowler Jr. also. Aldon Smith and Sheldon Richardson came from Mizzou. That had no influence on Michael Sam and won't with Shane Ray. Man, Fowler doesn't even play for the same coach as Harvey. They aren't even similar

[Image: 172.gif]
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Hey, this guy has a point. And I looked at all the other positions in the draft, from QB to K. And it looks like they've all been busts! Yeah, that's right - if you draft a player they might turn out not to be good! It's not just the Jaguars either - every team in the league has drafted bad players!

The only smart move is not to draft any players at all. Just refuse to hand in those draft cards, or write made up names on them. "With the third pick in the 2015 NFL draft the Jacksonville Jaguars select Ivor Biggun..." That's the only way to avoid a draft pick embarrassing the team.

(This post was last modified: 04-04-2015, 09:26 AM by ATLjag.)

What sounded familiar? ....that Fowler plays DE and is coming out of the U of Florida?  And, you connected that this was the same as Harvey and he was a bust?  Therefore, we shouldn't draft Fowler as he will also be a bust.  Brilliant (sarcasm).  I thought smelling glue was a thing of the past.  

Quote:<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Jax Jag" data-cid="464035" data-time="1428150882">
I remember Jevon Kearse. That's a guy from Florida who has nothing to do with Fowler Jr. also. Aldon Smith and Sheldon Richardson came from Mizzou. That had no influence on Michael Sam and won't with Shane Ray. Man, Fowler doesn't even play for the same coach as Harvey. They aren't even similar
[Image: 172.gif]</blockquote>

Not really sure what that's about. Harvey played for Urban Meyer, Fowler played under Will Muschamp. Unless you're correcting me on my tense because I meant "didn't play for" then you know, good job, I suppose

Quote:I remember Jevon Kearse. That's a guy from Florida who has nothing to do with Fowler Jr. also. Aldon Smith and Sheldon Richardson came from Mizzou. That had no influence on Michael Sam and won't with Shane Ray. Man, Fowler doesn't even play for the same coach as Harvey. They aren't even similar

So you're saying that the school they play for has nothing to do with ability, talent, skill, etc? I'm confused.

Quote:Not really sure what that's about. Harvey played for Urban Meyer, Fowler played under Will Muschamp. Unless you're correcting me on my tense because I meant "didn't play for" then you know, good job, I suppose

Calm down. I was agreeing with your post with emphasis on the different coaching regimes.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Everyone can see that the Gator roster is not nearly as talented in the present as it was in the past. Kearse and even Harvey played at a time when they were getting top 15 recruiting classes, Fowler is from a much, much, much less talented group.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

If teams would stay away from every draft bust's school, there would be no draft by now. Just because Harvey was a huge bust doesn't mean Fowler is going to be, and to even insist it, is stupid.

With that said, I still want Williams and wouldn't be disappointed with Fowler instead.
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

It would be silly for Tampa Bay to draft Winston because Weinke and Ward weren't NFL successes.

I find you guys statements entertaining lol. The topic of conversation is Derrick Harvey, yet you guys twist stories and add players to the mix. I just said Fowler reminds me of Harvey.. didn't say he was gone bust then again i didn't say he wasn't either especially coming from the gators Lol. You guys can continue now.

Quote:I find you guys statements entertaining lol. The topic of conversation is Derrick Harvey, yet you guys twist stories and add players to the mix. I just said Fowler reminds me of Harvey.. didn't say he was gone bust then again i didn't say he wasn't either especially coming from the gators Lol. You guys can continue now.

So even you can't understand you.

Quote:Was just sitting here reading about Gators DE Fowler,and looking at mock drafts and then i notice everything about him sounded familiar to me, then it finally hit me,Derrick Harvey, arguably one the jaguars biggest bust of all time!

So i googled Derrick Harvey to see what hes been doing with his life.And yep, just as i figured he was doing nothing, hes a FA smh!

So fans please remember Derrick Harvey when you mock the jags getting the next big Leo pass rusher.Because just because they look good it just might not translate to the nfl.
[Image: giffunny-gif-mother-of-God-glasses.gif]

This has to be 1 of the dumbest threads. Dante Fowler is a completely different person and player then Derrick Harvey. As a Gator fan I watch both a lot. Harvey had 1 great game in college and that was 2006 National title game vConfused Ohio State. Harvey was lazy and like to take plays off. I never understood why he was being projected as 1st rd pick and don't get why DJ Humpries is being projected as 1st rd pick this yr. Dantes intangibles are outstanding. Has great motor and he's a leader both on and off the field. Dante is versatile unlike Harvey. Dante can play De,DT and Lb. He's play the Buck position at Florida which is similar to the Jags Leo position. I Think Jags either take Fowler or L Williams if we stay at 3. I actually had 4th rd grade on Harvey coming out. Fowler top 4 prospect this yr in pretty strong draft.