Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Time to sign Greg Jennings?

Jennings is still available. He's an experienced receiver with excellent route-running skills. Played a big part in the Super Bowl win by the Packers a few years back. By all accounts an excellent locker room presence, and presumably one who can help teach our talented but raw rookie receivers a thing or two. Has had a few injuries, but not serious ones. Maybe  has lost a half-step off his top speed, but would still be our #1 or #2 receiver this season as soon as he steps onto the field. We are looking for a slot receiver, and he probably won't be commanding top dollar based on his age and injury history.

I'd love to see this guy wearing Teal this season. Someone will sign him soon, probably before draft day. Hopefully, it's us.

Thoughts?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

My thought is, why is Jennings still available? Something tells me that these GM's know something we don't.. Still would be a nice signing in my opinion.
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Always felt he was a bit overrated and now on top of that he's older. Is there a price that I'd be comfortable bringing him at? Sure, but I doubt he's signing for what I'd offer.

Quote:Jennings is still available. He's an experienced receiver with excellent route-running skills. Played a big part in the Super Bowl win by the Packers a few years back. By all accounts an excellent locker room presence, and presumably one who can help teach our talented but raw rookie receivers a thing or two. Has had a few injuries, but not serious ones. Maybe has lost a half-step off his top speed, but would still be our #1 or #2 receiver this season as soon as he steps onto the field. We are looking for a slot receiver, and he probably won't be commanding top dollar based on his age and injury history.

I'd love to see this guy wearing Teal this season. Someone will sign him soon, probably before draft day. Hopefully, it's us.

Thoughts?

Dunno about that.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Knarnn, let me be clearer. I think early in the season he'd be a top receiver for us based on his experience and veteran savvy. Assuming he's healthy enough, of course. ARob our other top receiver based on what he showed us last season.

By mid season I'd hope the others would step up and take their rightful place, Lee in particular.

i wouldn't sign Jennings to a big bucks contract. Maybe he only helps us for one year. But if we could get him for the right price, I do think he'd be an asset.

I gotta think agreement on "the right price" between our camp and Jennings is likely the only reason he's not signed already.

Just one man's opinion, FWIW.

Quote:My thought is, why is Jennings still available? Something tells me that these GM's know something we don't.. Still would be a nice signing in my opinion.
This narrative is overused.

I dont know of many teams that needs an older slot receiver, thats really it.

Quote:Knarnn, let me be clearer. I think early in the season he'd be a top receiver for us based on his experience and veteran savvy. Assuming he's healthy enough, of course. ARob our other top receiver based on what he showed us last season.

By mid season I'd hope the others would step up and take their rightful place, Lee in particular.

i wouldn't sign Jennings to a big bucks contract. Maybe he only helps us for one year. But if we could get him for the right price, I do think he'd be an asset.

I gotta think agreement on "the right price" between our camp and Jennings is likely the only reason he's not signed already.

Just one man's opinion, FWIW.

Greg Jennings wasn't even the clear cut #1 WR in Minny. He's a solid guy with veteran experience. But if we sign him and we're relying on him to be our #2 much less #1...then Arob, Lee, and Hurns are all terribly disappointing in their soph years.

Quote:My thought is, why is Jennings still available? Something tells me that these GM's know something we don't.. Still would be a nice signing in my opinion.

$$$. I'm pretty sure he's visited at least three teams, it's likely that he's banking on a team eventually giving in to whatever his contract demands are.

Greg Jennings is done!! We have young talented wide-outs no room for a old vet whose past his prime!

(This post was last modified: 04-04-2015, 07:56 AM by knarnn.)

Quote:Greg Jennings wasn't even the clear cut #1 WR in Minny. He's a solid guy with veteran experience. But if we sign him and we're relying on him to be our #2 much less #1...then Arob, Lee, and Hurns are all terribly disappointing in their soph years.
My thoughts exactly.

Now for the record I'm all for signing Jennings to be that savy vet to help out the other guys and possibly be that bridge for another rookie slot WR as well. I would expect him to be no higher than our #3 option though as I feel Robinson and Lee will be given every opportunity to show why they were drafted.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Jennings has a lot of tread on the tires.  I am not sure that one of the guys currently on the roster or a rookie would not have similar production at a fraction of the cost, and provide more of a longer term solution. 

I the fact that the Jags didnt already offer him a deal should tell you everything. He just isnt good enough/ will not have an impact on the WR core

Quote:My thoughts exactly.

Now for the record I'm all for signing Jennings to be that savy vet to help out the other guys and possibly be that bridge for another rookie slot WR as well. I would expect him to be no higher than our #3 option though as I feel Robinson and Lee will be given every opportunity to show why they were drafted.

Yeah I feel the same. I'm not knocking Jennings. I'd be all up for Jennings coming here and competing for that third WR spot and just providing vet leadership to this very young WR group. But if our young WRs can't beat him out for the top two before the season begins...then we're in big trouble.

His stats weren't awful last year. Depending on what kind on contract he is looking for, I think he could be a nice 3-4 depending on whether he could beat out our 3rd option. Still, I'd rather play the young guys and let them grow. Find out if you have anything this year.

Pass