Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Khan disagrees with immigration ban

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local.../398768418

Khan > the Cheeto 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Move to Politics section.

this

The key part of this story is that Shad Khan was asked about his opinion. He didn't seek a platform to provide thoughts. 

An immigrant disagreeing with an immigration ban. What's next? Cletus Twoteeth, commissioner of Madison County, comes out strongly in favor of the ban?

This isn't news, it's common sense.

Well, an NFL owner playing in the SB today loves Trump.

I'm a little surprised actually. I would think someone who understands how dangerous and backwards those places are would be weary of letting in people from there who we cannot effectively screen. 

Calling Deshawn Watson a future bust since 3/19/17. If I eat crow, I will keep this in here and proclaim JackCity a genius. 

Quote:I'm a little surprised actually. I would think someone who understands how dangerous and backwards those places are would be weary of letting in people from there who we cannot effectively screen.

They put him in tough spot. A no comment would have painted him as an uncle Tom. Lose lose really. These times aren't like when Shad entered the country. There weren't terrorist organization's openly stating they are going to infiltrate countries through refugees.

What ban? Courts 1 Herr Trump 0.

Quote:They put him in tough spot. A no comment would have painted him as an uncle Tom. Lose lose really. These times aren't like when Shad entered the country. There weren't terrorist organization's openly stating they are going to infiltrate countries through refugees.
I agree there was no way to win, and he had to say something. It will get painted up by the media, but I doubt we will hear anything more from Khan.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Quote:They put him in tough spot. A no comment would have painted him as an uncle Tom. Lose lose really. These times aren't like when Shad entered the country. There weren't terrorist organization's openly stating they are going to infiltrate countries through refugees.

What you expressed is largely why I wrote what I did earlier in the thread.  But I think it even goes beyond this.  Lets just say Shad Khan didn't become a multi-billionaire because he's stupid.

Quote:I agree there was no way to win, and he had to say something. It will get painted up by the media, but I doubt we will hear anything more from Khan.

I've noticed that Shad Khan rarely talks about subjects anything related to this unless asked by the media.  From the position he and his family are in,  he's a smart man.

Khan better shut up before he loses any of his sponsors or STHers
Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Quote:Khan better shut up before he loses any of his sponsors or STHers

Yup.. I'm ready to burn stuff and loot a CVS..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:The key part of this story is that Shad Khan was asked about his opinion. He didn't seek a platform to provide thoughts. 

Exactly.  His opinion isn't exactly shocking either.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

I find it difficult to believe an immigrant would disagree with an immigration ban

Consider his options...

Oppose the ban and get frowned upon at worst...

Support the ban and get death threats.

'02

Quote:Consider his options...

Oppose the ban and get frowned upon at worst...

Support the ban and get death threats.

Outside of hard core people, I don't frown upon him just because of his opinion, even though I don't agree with it, and I'm sure that there are many that feel the same way that I do.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

I hope Khan learned his lesson voting for Trump.

http://deadspin.com/shad-khan-comes-out-...1792011708
Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

(This post was last modified: 02-05-2017, 05:47 PM by Jags.)

Quote:I hope Khan learned his lesson voting for Trump.
<a class="bbc_url" href='http://deadspin.com/shad-khan-comes-out-against-trumps-muslim-ban-1792011708'>http://deadspin.com/shad-khan-comes-out-against-trumps-muslim-ban-1792011708</a>
Lol, you think Khan will "learn a lesson"? That article you posted says Khan is a registered republican for one. Also, the article states he's for NAFTA and against the immigration ban, two things Trump has made his opionions on quite clear during the election. Yet, Khan still votes for him. What's that tell you about his thoughts on Trumps opponent? Something tells me Khan isn't sitting back thinking he got conned.