Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
FB Bradie Ewing cut, no fullbacks on roster now

Tweet from Hays Carlyon (@HaysCarlyon) - #Jaguars waive FB Bradie Ewing, no fullbacks on roster now.

https://twitter.com/HaysCarlyon/status/5...3758814208

Jalston Fowler anyone?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Toby making the conversion incoming....

GO JAGS!!
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

They did this a little last year with Drob behind Toby as the fullback. I thought it was a great idea. If we have to keep Gerhart, move him to fullback and take him out of the rotation as HB. Grab a true every down RB with 2nd pick, and we should be a lot better off than last year...provided the O-line can perform better.

And to think that for a few years, Del Rio had three on the active roster.

Could just be Olson wanting to find "his guy."   Perhaps more in the image of Reece in Oakland who was a legit receiving threat.  

Ground and Pound clearly works in the NFL....

It's better to just move a very big running back to the fullback position. A lot of them generally know what to look for in the blocking game and most of them are athletic enough to provide in other areas.

Toby might actually make a good fullback.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Quote:It's better to just move a very big running back to the fullback position. A lot of them generally know what to look for in the blocking game and most of them are athletic enough to provide in other areas.

Toby might actually make a good fullback.

This is the actual role I thought Toby would play when he was picked up..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:Ground and Pound clearly works in the NFL....

It has its place. See every Patriot game against the clots the past 2 years.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

I agree Toby as FB/HB will be a good roll for him. He was money on screens last yr.

Quote:Ground and Pound clearly works in the NFL....

Look at the recent Super Bowl winners.

The high flying passing attack offenses fizzle in the playoffs.  See Manning in Denver.

However, the teams that can pound the rock and stop the run (in addition to being able to move the ball in big chunks) take home trophies.

The "new" style wins games and gets you to the playoffs.  However, when the dust settles old school still wins rings.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:Tweet from Hays Carlyon (@HaysCarlyon) - #Jaguars waive FB Bradie Ewing, no fullbacks on roster now.

https://twitter.com/HaysCarlyon/status/5...3758814208

Jalston Fowler anyone?
I think Toby is gonna play H-Back/FB

He would be a good there, can block, catch out the backfield and get you some short yards

No need for a traditional FB, I hate seeing Blake throw it to Wii TuFu and he is too slow to get 3 yards at least Toby can be a threat out there

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Do they really need a true FB anyway? They could probably just alternate Gerhart, Lewis and Harbor back there.

Quote:And to think that for a few years, Del Rio had three on the active roster.
Lol so true. I have adopted the thinking that we still need to run while becoming a better passing team. I would find it laughable though if someone would even try to justify 3 FB's on the roster. Even looking at the Pats roster they don't have a designated FB. We need to adapt to this new wave of H-back/move-TE types of players. Still can ground and pound while having an additional passing threat. 

I remember the Manning clots went years with out a FB on the roster. 

Quote:Lol so true. I have adopted the thinking that we still need to run while becoming a better passing team. I would find it laughable though if someone would even try to justify 3 FB's on the roster. Even looking at the Pats roster they don't have a designated FB. We need to adapt to this new wave of H-back/move-TE types of players. Still can ground and pound while having an additional passing threat. 

I remember the Manning clots went years with out a FB on the roster. 

<div><a class="" href='https://twitter.com/RapSheet'>Ian Rapoport<span>Verified account</span>‏<span style="color:rgb(177,187,195);">@RapSheet</span></a>
</div>

<p class="" style="font-size:28px;font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(41,47,51);"><a class="" href='https://twitter.com/hashtag/Jaguars?src=hash'>#Jaguars</a> expected to be in the RB market this offseason. One reason: They’ll move Toby Gerhart around, using him an an H-back, as well as RB

Everyone likes to pencil Toby in at FB, but does anyone honestly know if he could block as such? Serious question. I know he is a white RB and is kinda slow, but those qualities alone does not make a fullback.

Quote: 

<div style="margin-left:58px;color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">
<div>Ian RapoportVerified account‏<span style="color:rgb(177,187,195);">@RapSheet</span>
</div>

<p style="font-size:28px;font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(41,47,51);">#Jaguars expected to be in the RB market this offseason. One reason: They’ll move Toby Gerhart around, using him an an H-back, as well as RB

</div>
Whether Gerhart is the guy or not, this is a step in the correct direction for this franchise towards the 21st century in terms of playing style.  I am a football purist to the core but we have to adjust to the times and even the rules. 3 FB's means we plan on playing extremely slow. No FB's tells me there is a push in speeding up the game. More passing threats and speed on the field is a good thing. 

It's more likely we're targeting a RB than a FB. I think there's a chance we get Amari then a RB in the 2nd

Quote:Toby making the conversion incoming....

GO JAGS!!
The only thing that would make sense as he was a good blocker for AP, but not that great at getting tough short yardage (hoping that was only because of his injury), but in the past Jaguars always only used FB for blocking anyways.

Pierce is also a candidate for the H-back   

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>