Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Mychal Kendricks possible trade?

(This post was last modified: 03-31-2015, 11:12 AM by knarnn.)

Quote:Mychal Kendricks not getting an extension?

Mychal Kendricks | PHI

(March 31, 2015 8:45 AM EDT)

The Eagles have not approached ILB Mychal Kendricks about an extension as he enters the final year of his rookie contract.

Kendricks is just 24 years old, has difference-making sideline-to-sideline ability and can really cover from the inside linebacker spot. But the Eagles didn't like the way he rehabbed off a calf injury in 2014, and have since traded for Kiko Alonso and extended DeMeco Ryans. Now there's speculation Kendricks could be part of a draft day trade, something we can't rule out with hyper-aggressive Chip Kelly at the controls.

SOURCE: PHILADELPHIA INQUIRER & DAILY NEWS

With Chip Kelly not wanting to give up a ton of picks to move up for Mariota it would make sense for him to package a player and some picks in hope of moving up. Would you be willing to trade say the #3 pick for Kendricks, the Eagles #20, 2nd round, 4th round and next years 1st round?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:With Chip Kelly not wanting to give up a ton of picks to move up for Mariota it would make sense for him to package a player and some picks in hope of moving up. Would you be willing to trade say the #3 pick for Kendricks, the Eagles #20, 2nd round, 4th round and next years 1st round?
I'd do it.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

(This post was last modified: 03-31-2015, 11:58 AM by jagforlife85.)

Quote:With Chip Kelly not wanting to give up a ton of picks to move up for Mariota it would make sense for him to package a player and some picks in hope of moving up. Would you be willing to trade say the #3 pick for Kendricks, the Eagles #20, 2nd round, 4th round and next years 1st round?

Oh yes, Kendricks is a freak athlete and would wreak havoc alongside Telvin Smith

Wouldn't mind it. If they added Beasley at Otto, we would have the most athletic linebacker corps that we've ever had. Maybe the most athletic in the league. Thats a good rotation with Skuta and Poz as well.

(This post was last modified: 03-31-2015, 12:41 PM by jvillejagsn1.)

The way the top 2 picks are looking, the trade most likely would not go to us. But it's possible all the QB talk is just show. We'll see. I'm not opposed to the situation, but I don't think either QB will be there when we pick (for right now). Williams here we come! Smile

GO JAGS!!
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

I wouldn't do it.

Doesn't he have just one more year on his contract?  And hasn't he been injured most of both of the past two years?  

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

(Kanye Shrugs)

[Image: kanye-shrug-o.gif] GIFSoup

If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

I'd take it. He's very much a linebacker in the Bobby Wagner mold, which this defense could use.

(This post was last modified: 03-31-2015, 05:31 PM by Tuxedo.)

I'd want that 2nd rounder bumped up to another first and their fourth rounder was already sent to St. Louis in the Bradford trade. I just think if you're going to take as significant a drop from #3 to #20 in a draft that's not all that deep after the few blue chippers, you need the value to be especially good. Philadelphia's likely going to be picking late in each round for the duration of the trade, so those picks aren't as valuable in their respective rounds either. Also Kendricks is a good player, but he's in a contract year so you're trading for the luxury of being able to pay him handsomely next season. 

I'd trade 2015 #3 overall for 2015 #20 overall, 2016 first round (likely mid twenties), 2017 first round (likely mid twenties), and Mychal Kendricks.

Just for reference Cleveland was able to get two firsts, one second rounder, and two fourth rounders for the eighth overall selection in the Julio Jones trade with Atlanta. Also St. Louis was able to get three first rounders and a second rounder from Washington for the second overall selection and they dropped only to sixth overall. Obviously St. Louis caught lightning in a bottle with that haul while only moving down four spots, but I think we could land something similar if we're trading with a playoff contender.

Id love him but I'm kinda opposed to trades at this point unless its a big haul

But if he hits the market next year we gotta push hard for him

You don't give away your #3 overall pick for that.

We can keep our pick, get a difference maker, and still find a LB later in the draft.

Why anyone would trade a valuable #3 overall pick for chump change is Beyond me.

We need difference makers. Not a bunch of Cypriens and Gratz's that those 2nd and late 1st round and 3rd round picks would give us.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

(This post was last modified: 03-31-2015, 09:20 PM by knarnn.)

Quote:You don't give away your #3 overall pick for that.

We can keep our pick, get a difference maker, and still find a LB later in the draft.

Why anyone would trade a valuable #3 overall pick for chump change is Beyond me.

We need difference makers. Not a bunch of Cypriens and Gratz's that those 2nd and late 1st round and 3rd round picks would give us.
You can find playmakers everywhere in the draft. If I can upgrade my MLB and get extra picks in one transaction then I'm strongly considering a trade. Take a look at last year's all rookie team and where the majority of those players were drafted.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap3000000458758'>http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap3000000458758</a>

And that list doesn't even include guys such as Kelvin Benjamin, Telvin Smith, Brandin Cooks etc.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:You don't give away your #3 overall pick for that.

Implying difference makers can't be found everywhere with good drafting

Moving from 3rd overall to 20th is a HUGE drop. 

I would take:

20th overall

2016 1st round

2017 1st round

2015 2nd round

2015 3rd round

2016 2nd round

2017 3rd round

Quote:You can find playmakers everywhere in the draft. If I can upgrade my MLB and get extra picks in one transaction then I'm strongly considering a trade. Take a look at last year's all rookie team and where the majority of those players were drafted.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap3000000458758'>http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap3000000458758</a>

And that list doesn't even include guys such as Kelvin Benjamin, Telvin Smith, Brandin Cooks etc.

I think finding a difference maker is hard to do.  Picking whoever you want at the top of the draft is huge IMO.  You still have to pick the right guy obviously, but I'm not trading out of the top 5 just for some extra draft picks.  It would have to be an offer that I can't refuse.  

Getting a MLB with an injury history doesn't sound appealing - sorry.

At #3, you can pick a legit #1 WR if you'd like (of course nothing is certain, but a prospect like Cooper is about as polished and as good as they get).

You can pick a rare defensive lineman that fits every scheme and can play multiple positions very well - most people have him pegged as a future all-pro.

Or you can pick the best edge rusher in the draft, someone your staff has identified as the PERFECT fit for your defense.

The draft is supposed to have only a very few "elite" prospects.  Why let someone else grab those, leaving you with a bunch of mediocre prospects later?  You have the chance to draft the best, DO IT.

Those are 3 huge possibilities above that would be way more worth than the other compensation you guys talked about.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:I think finding a difference maker is hard to do. Picking whoever you want at the top of the draft is huge IMO. You still have to pick the right guy obviously, but I'm not trading out of the top 5 just for some extra draft picks. It would have to be an offer that I can't refuse.

Getting a MLB with an injury history doesn't sound appealing - sorry.

At #3, you can pick a legit #1 WR if you'd like (of course nothing is certain, but a prospect like Cooper is about as polished and as good as they get).

You can pick a rare defensive lineman that fits every scheme and can play multiple positions very well - most people have him pegged as a future all-pro.

Or you can pick the best edge rusher in the draft, someone your staff has identified as the PERFECT fit for your defense.

The draft is supposed to have only a very few "elite" prospects. Why let someone else grab those, leaving you with a bunch of mediocre prospects later? You have the chance to draft the best, DO IT.

Those are 3 huge possibilities above that would be way more worth than the other compensation you guys talked about.

The one thing you're not considering is how Caldwell has these guys ranked. He may not be high on Williams, Cooper, or any of the "top" pass rushers. The media guys sure doesn't have a good track record of identifying the elite guys (how many had Odell Beckham Jr as the best WR of the class?) Or getting a good read on who Caldwell likes when it comes to the first round. (They completely missed the Bortles pick.)

He may be targeting a guy completely out of left field and may feel that that guy will be available in the later part of the first round. If that's the case then he'll do his best to maximize value by trading down, getting the extra picks and then getting his player.

Quote:The one thing you're not considering is how Caldwell has these guys ranked. He may not be high on Williams, Cooper, or any of the "top" pass rushers. The media guys sure doesn't have a good track record of identifying the elite guys (how many had Odell Beckham Jr as the best WR of the class?) Or getting a good read on who Caldwell likes when it comes to the first round. (They completely missed the Bortles pick.)

He may be targeting a guy completely out of left field and may feel that that guy will be available in the later part of the first round. If that's the case then he'll do his best to maximize value by trading down, getting the extra picks and then getting his player.

I'm sure that's a possibility, but the likelihood of that happening is small.

Every team has a draft board, and I'm sure the best players separate themselves at the top.it doesn't matter if it Cooper or Williams, but SOMEBODY will be ranked very high up there.

If Caldwell has Kevin White rated as the best player in the draft by far, and everyone else is kind isn't close (just using an example)... Then he should take him at 3.

Why trade down and let the top guy on your board go to someone else?

(This post was last modified: 04-01-2015, 11:09 AM by knarnn.)

Quote:I'm sure that's a possibility, but the likelihood of that happening is small.

Every team has a draft board, and I'm sure the best players separate themselves at the top.it doesn't matter if it Cooper or Williams, but SOMEBODY will be ranked very high up there.

If Caldwell has Kevin White rated as the best player in the draft by far, and everyone else is kind isn't close (just using an example)... Then he should take him at 3.

Why trade down and let the top guy on your board go to someone else?
I get what you're saying. Just keep in mind that sometimes extra draft picks may carry more weight than one single player, especially if Caldwell has a group of players graded similarly and could still get what he deems a quality pick while also loading up on extra picks. Caldwell hit gold on later round guys like Telvin, Bowanko, and Chris Smith and his extra picks last year allowed him to move back up to take Robinson. Those extra picks mattered.

Quote:I get what you're saying. Just keep in mind that sometimes extra draft picks may carry more weight than one single player, especially if Caldwell has a group of players graded similarly and could still get what he deems a quality pick while also loading up on extra picks. Caldwell hit gold on later round guys like Telvin, Bowanko, and Chris Smith and his extra picks last year allowed him to move back up to take Robinson. Those extra picks mattered.

Sure, but you can acquire those extra picks by trading guys like Beadles or Lewis or someone similar (maybe Cyprien).

I think Telvin smith is an outlier.

Adding a couple of extra Chris smiths and Denards really isn't a big deal at all. This team already has plenty of young guys with potential who are currently backups. We need Impact all-pros.

Usually you get those in the 1st round. Not always, but there IS a correlation between draft selection and future play.

This roster doesn't need many more projects like Denard and Chris Smith.

We need bonafide studs who can play in any scheme for any coach.

Those you can find picking at #3. I'm not giving that up unless it's literally a stupid offer we get.