Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Why the Jags will finish 8-8 this year..

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Not that this isnt a plausible record but were not even out of the superbowl why in the world is anyone bothering to write this

Some good post losing season hype.

Ever notice how this team has been a "young team" for years? We keep getting and then getting rid of players, that we stay young. Always developing and never mastering.

No draft or free agents and someone is predicting the team's record...

Quote:Ever notice how this team has been a "young team" for years? We keep getting and then getting rid of players, that we stay young.

They completely gutted the roster in 2013 and committed to building throughout the draft. How old do you want them to be? 

They were the fourth youngest team in 2016 and will likely be a bit older in 2017.  Their "youth" is in a normal place after such a gutting and I think being young is a good thing anyway.  There's gotta be something better to gripe about than being "too young."  

Is it me or it seem like the last couple years, the media predicts us with a .500 or better record after the season?

Quote:Is it me or it seem like the last couple years, the media predicts us with a .500 or better record after the season?

They have.

Because the team has a solid amount of underperforming talent. 

I would be overjoyed with 8 wins

Quote:I would be overjoyed with 8 wins

It all starts with the Jaguars getting off to a much better start than has been the case for many seasons.   That definitely should be a focal point of the team brass moving forward.

If we go 8-8 I'll still be upset. Want a winning record.

8 wins is what I expect out of this roster and a new staff.  There's too much talent on the field for less than .500 to be acceptable. 

Bortles is the wild card. If they get him on track and keep him there - more wins may be possible.  He could also derail the season in the other direction.  If I were Caldwell/Coughlin I'd have a viable plan B on the bench this season. 

Less than 8 wins is a failure by the new staff IMO. 

I think 8 wins is a reasonable expectation.

I hope the media prdicts us to do lousey  espailley as season gets closer.   media thinking team is bad is good cause you can surpise people. media saying your gonna be good,and you crash,and burn just like jags did last season and other eams in the past.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(This post was last modified: 02-06-2017, 09:46 AM by Teal Time Radio.)

Quote:I hope the media prdicts us to do lousey espailley as season gets closer.
media thinking team is bad is good cause you can surpise people.
media saying your gonna be good,and you crash,and burn just like jags did last season and other eams in the past.
The Jags did not lose account of media.

They lost cause there desire is gone. Hurns got his contract and relaxed. Robinson just gave up.

Plus terrible Coaching issues, Blakes injury, Poor running game, and, lazy tight ends.

That is why they lost. Not cause news casters pumped them up.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Apples to oranges.  Does not matter.  Fruit is not always this special.  Cuz you see.  You don't always.  Have headlights on reindeer.  In the winter.

Have you seen my baseball?

Quote:The Jags did not lose account of media.

They lost cause there desire is gone. Hurns got his contract and relaxed. Robinson just gave up.

Plus terrible Coaching issues, Blakes injury, Poor running game, and, lazy tight ends.

That is why they lost. Not cause news casters pumped them up.

They lost because Blake couldn't hit the broadside of a barn with a double barrel shotgun much less a football in 2016. 

They lost because they couldn't manufacture any semblance of a run game until it was way too late to do any good.  

(And it took firing the OC to begin the process)

They lost because the game-planning was incredibly weak under Bradley and they made very few adjustments when weaknesses were exposed. 

They lost because even though they had a solid defense they would call too much soft zone coverage when ahead on the scoreboard.  

Quote:Apples to oranges.  Does not matter.  Fruit is not always this special.  Cuz you see.  You don't always.  Have headlights on reindeer.  In the winter.
It's like Dr. Phil always says:  "Phyllis! You cain't fix a split-rail fence with a hairdryer! It just a'int gonna' work!" 

Quote:If we go 8-8 I'll still be upset. Want a winning record.

Winning record?! Don't talk about a winning record! Are you kidding me? winning record?! I'm just hoping we can win a game, another game!

If it would take 9 wins to make wildcard, that would be why the Jaguars go 8-8.

Just sayin'.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Does not matter.  TC sent him packing.  No good anyway.

Have you seen my baseball?