Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
J.J. Watt interview

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...ntv_170203

He sounds like he will be back healthy next year.

I am happy for him, but man, if that's true, we definitely need to bolster the OL.

We need at least two guys-LG and RT.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

J.J. Watt never had any reason to doubt he would be back healthy.

We have known since September LG and RT are huge needs no matter what other teams do.

I still don't think Watt will ever be the player he was again. He'll be good, but I don't think he'll even be the best player on that DL again.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:I still don't think Watt will ever be the player he was again. He'll be good, but I don't think he'll even be the best player on that DL again.
Back injuries have ruined many a career.

But if he can come back close to what he was pre injury, they will be a scary good defense, and it reinforces the idea we need to bolster the O-Line.

Quote:Back injuries have ruined many a career.

But if he can come back close to what he was pre injury, they will be a scary good defense, and it reinforces the idea we need to bolster the O-Line.

Absolutely. Even Clowney and Mercilus alone warrant that. Throw even a 50% Watt in the mix and it's bad news.

Hope we get the G from Cincy
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:Absolutely. Even Clowney and Mercilus alone warrant that. Throw even a 50% Watt in the mix and it's bad news.

Hope we get the G from Cincy
My wish list-for now- is something like this:

Zeitler (FA)

Berry (FA)

Draft Rd 1 Allen/Fournette

Draft Rd 2: Robinson (RT)

(Wish list subject to change)

Quote:My wish list-for now- is something like this:

Zeitler (FA)

Berry (FA)

Draft Rd 1 Allen/Fournette

Draft Rd 2: Robinson (RT)

(Wish list subject to change)

I'd be more than OK with that. Though I doubt Berry leaves KC
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

He's just talking. Even last year when he was "healthy" before his season ending injury he clearly wasn't the same guy. If he makes it to double digit sacks again in his career it'll be a surprise.

If the Texans even had average QB play,  they would likely be one of the top contenders in the AFC.

Quote:If the Texans even had average QB play,  they would likely be one of the top contenders in the AFC.

They would just give us a harder time winning the division.

Quote:They would just give us a harder time winning the division.

Being that the Texans are the two time defending AFC South Champions,  they already will enter the 2017 season as the team to beat in the division.   A relatively healthy J.J. Watt,  even if he's not quite up to his previous level,  would indeed make it more difficult to dethrone them.

Quote:He's just talking. Even last year when he was "healthy" before his season ending injury he clearly wasn't the same guy. If he makes it to double digit sacks again in his career it'll be a surprise.
So the texans should just cut bait with that waste of a roster spot?

Quote:I still don't think Watt will ever be the player he was again. He'll be good, but I don't think he'll even be the best player on that DL again.
Quote:Back injuries have ruined many a career.

I tend to agree I have a bet with my friend that Watt will never be a double digit sack guy again.  I think his new peak will be around 8 sacks.  

Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

Quote:So the texans should just cut bait with that waste of a roster spot?

At what point did I say anything like that?

Quote:I tend to agree I have a bet with my friend that Watt will never be a double digit sack guy again.  I think his new peak will be around 8 sacks.  

I'm going with your friend on this one.  Watt's already out of rehab and putting in 5 1/2 hours of regular workouts per day (which is insane.)  He's added working on his core muscles to his routine to support his back. Add in Jadeveon Clowney and Whitney Mercilous on his side of the ball and JJ gets even more difficult to double team.

Quote:I tend to agree I have a bet with my friend that Watt will never be a double digit sack guy again.  I think his new peak will be around 8 sacks.  
Even if Watt is producing 7-8 sacks a year, that's still significant for a 3-4 strong side DE.

It's not only his ability to get sacks that is tough to deal with (assuming he slips back to around 7-8 sacks a season),, his height/"wingspan" and ability to bat down passes and disrupt passing lanes is still incredible.

JJ Swat

Just adding that component to Clowney and Mercilus getting sacks makes them a formidable defensive front indeed.

The more I read your posts, the more I realize I agree with almost everything you say on here. It's nice when that happens online.

Agreed. If we can walk out of this draft with Taylor Moton and Greg Pyke I would feel better about the RT/G positions. Parnell I don't trust anymore. If he's not getting whooped he's jumping too early or getting caught with holds. Moton would push him for his job instantly. Pyke can play inside or outside. He's a solid blocker. 

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

No matter how much we bulk up this line, Clowney, Watt and Mercilus are nigh on impossible to stop