Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
RIP Chuck Bednarik

Probably the baddest man ever to play in the NFL.

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/nfl'>[Image: IexfcTow_normal.jpeg]</a>
<div>
<div><a class="" href='https://twitter.com/nfl'><b>NFL</b></a>
<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/nfl'>@nfl</a>
</div>
</div>
<p class="" style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, Verdana, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(252,252,252);">We are saddened to share that <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/Eagles/'>@Eagles</a> legend Chuck Bednarik has passed away at age 89: <a class="" href='http://t.co/4jjxKCqT6z'>at.nfl.com/OOHsMN5</a>

;

;

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Sad.   Blush  RIP Chuck.

Damn. Concrete Chuck was as hard as they come.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

World War II veteran

Ivy League grad

Last of the two way NFL players

A true legend

Very sad news.

Chuck Bednarik was a throwback before there were throwbacks.  

Imagine what players would want money wise for what he did for his team.

I would like to offer my condolences and admiration for Mr. Bednarik.

Chuck Norris had a Mentor, it was "Concrete Charles"

That said, please remember that he suffered badly from Dementia later in life, as many, many, many players from that era did.

So before folks want to crucify Chris Borland, remember he and Chuck were both linebackers.

HeadSlap

When they have no time,  they think about it!

When they go down hard, they think about it!

Just watch Peyton, Andrew, Caep even Mr. Bundchen.

Oh sure, 6 posts for a NFL legend's death, but Tim Tebow gets a workout and this place writes pages upon pages of vomit inducing crap. Makes sense guys.

Quote:Oh sure, 6 posts for a NFL legend's death, but Tim Tebow gets a workout and this place writes pages upon pages of vomit inducing crap. Makes sense guys.

And yet, here you are, posting nothing about Chuck Bednarik while invoking Tebow.

RIP Chuck, you personified everything I love about football.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:And yet, here you are, posting nothing about Chuck Bednarik while invoking Tebow.

RIP Chuck, you personified everything I love about football.

Touché, yet my point still stands. RIP Chuck; since you can read this and all.

Quote:Touché, yet my point still stands. RIP Chuck; since you can read this and all.

You do realize most of the people on this board weren't alive when Chuck Bednarik was playing?

I saw him on some old NFL Films while growing up ...that hit on Gifford was nasty.

"since you can read this and all."  Very classy.

(This post was last modified: 03-23-2015, 09:43 PM by Treestone Ice.)

Quote:You do realize most of the people on this board weren't alive when Chuck Bednarik was playing?

I saw him on some old NFL Films while growing up ...that hit on Gifford was nasty.

"since you can read this and all." Very classy.
Man. You really got me there with the "he didn't play while I was alive" bit. It's like you were made for this internet stuff. Nice work.

RIP Chuck.

Quote:Man. You really got me there with the "he didn't play while I was alive" bit. It's like you were made for this internet stuff. Nice work.

RIP Chuck.

Phenomenal response.

Quote:Oh sure, 6 posts for a NFL legend's death, but Tim Tebow gets a workout and this place writes pages upon pages of vomit inducing crap. Makes sense guys.

Quote:Touché, yet my point still stands. RIP Chuck; since you can read this and all.

Quote:Man. You really got me there with the "he didn't play while I was alive" bit. It's like you were made for this internet stuff. Nice work.

RIP Chuck.
You sure know how to honor one of the games greats.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Quote:You sure know how to honor one of the games greats.

The guy who is mad that more people dont know who Chuck Bednarik is said, "RIP Chuck; since you can read this and all."

(This post was last modified: 03-24-2015, 12:06 PM by Treestone Ice.)

I can tell this is really upsetting you guys. I didn't know I would hurt so many feelers with one post. I'm sorry to all you gentle, gentle snowflakes out there.

I'd love to learn how to properly honor one of the all-time greats, on a message board by the way, so that I don't upset you poor souls any further.

Once again, hope ya find rest and peace, Chuck.

Get a room you two

I think UCF guy is still mad that I called him out for saying Terrance Knighton is a stud who was one of the best DTs in the game.

I suppose I should learn to let it go.

To get back to Chuck Bednarik, I read an article talking about how badly mangled his hands were from his playing days. In the article it talks about Chuck making a game - sealing play that still lives on in NFL championship lore (even though not all of us were alive at the time Wink )

"In the 1960 NFL Championship, a 35 year old Bednarik played both ways at center and linebacker, and made one of the most famous plays in NFL Championship history when he stuffed Jim Taylor on a final attempt for the Packers at the 9 yard line.

According to legend, Bednarik sat on Taylor as the final seconds ticked off once he made the tackle, then said “You can get up now, Taylor, this (bad word removed)’ game’s over.” 

35 year old 2 way player. Never gonna see that again.

His hands are in a picture with the story and a quick video. Pretty good read.

http://thebiglead.com/2013/07/07/chuck-b...ree-limbs/