Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Allen Robinson's comments on missing the Super Bowl

"I'm unfortunately used to it. I'd much rather be playing than going through the media row aspects of it, but it is what it is."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...used-to-it

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Kind of weird to say hes used to it, hes been playing for 3 seasons and only two teams make it every year. Hes framing it as if there were all these opportunities for everyone to get in and hes one of the few that didnt.

Quote:Kind of weird to say hes used to it, hes been playing for 3 seasons and only two teams make it every year. Hes framing it as if there were all these opportunities for everyone to get in and hes one of the few that didnt.

I think Robinson was referring to the two-week media frenzy.

Thank Gus for getting used to it......
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

Quote:Thank Gus for getting used to it......

in the same article he says that Doug Marrone will make the players uncomfortable which he said is needed. Also said that they need to be business like. [paraphrase]

Robinson needs to just focus on getting his self better... Do his job... That's what's gonna make this team even more better. Gotta go to work...

Quote:Robinson needs to just focus on getting his self better... Do his job... That's what's gonna make this team even more better. Gotta go to work...

There is absolutely nothing wrong with his comments.

Quote:Thank Gus for getting used to it......
Lol this isnt on gus, in the time that arob has been in the league a lot of teams havent been in the superbowl, since ya know only two make it. By this logic a good 26 teams are "used to it"

Quote:There is absolutely nothing wrong with his comments.

You right! I want him to know how it feels to not be there and work his tail off to take the Jags there... We need Arob to be our Julio..

Quote:You right! I want him to know how it feels to not be there and work his tail off to take the Jags there... We need Arob to be our Julio..

Allen Robinson always works his tail off. He is all about business.

(This post was last modified: 02-06-2017, 10:26 AM by Yo Boy.)

Quote:Allen Robinson always works his tail off. He is all about business.

If he was he wouldn't have got manhandled on the line scrimmage by Db's all year. Robinson in my eyes have a lot to prove next season.. Is he a top wr or just another guy?

Quote:There is absolutely nothing wrong with his comments.

You're right.  I'm glad to see some players are not satisfied with not making the playoffs and/or not getting to the big dance.

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(This post was last modified: 02-04-2017, 10:32 PM by fredalwaysajag.)

Quote:Kind of weird to say hes used to it, hes been playing for 3 seasons and only two teams make it every year. Hes framing it as if there were all these opportunities for everyone to get in and hes one of the few that didnt.

The amount of losses he has sustained in his short career probably feels like that of 7 seasons, thus magnifying his p.o.v.
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

Mike Sims Walker Allen Robinson

Quote:If he was he wouldn't have got manhandled on the line scrimmage by DBs all year. Robinson in my eyes have a lot to prove not season.. Is he a top WR or just another guy?

You are just trying to spout tons of Jaguars negativity by saying that. Or do you not know much about football? Watch every game Allen Robinson played before 2016.

homie you just got in the league 

Quote:I think Robinson was referring to the two-week media frenzy.

People are lining up to speak with Allen Robinson this time of year?

Uh...he is making the point that in his 2 and a half decades of life he has only been an observer of the Super Bowl.

This isn't rocket surgery,

Quote:Mike Sims Walker Allen Robinson

Mike Sims-Walker never had 1400 yards or 14 TDs.

Quote:People are lining up to speak with Allen Robinson this time of year?

You still don't know the media talks to players all over the league during Super Bowl Week? The article explains that.