Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
More on Davon House

This from Dirocco...with a blurb from a Green Bay reporter.

http://espn.go.com/blog/jacksonville-jag...avon-house

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

So pretty much the jags gambling now.. I dont wanna hear nobody say this was a great pick the jags know what they doing cuz the kid could barely start in Green Bay for 4 years. Im just hoping Caldwell and them nail this because there jobs depend on it.

Quote:So pretty much the jags gambling now.. I dont wanna hear nobody say this was a great pick the jags know what they doing cuz the kid could barely start in Green Bay for 4 years. Im just hoping Caldwell and them nail this because there jobs depend on it.

That's pretty extreme viewpoint. The article is pretty much positive, with the caveat that he seemed to have some bad luck with injuries at the worst times. They even mentioned he's the only one who had any success against Julio Jones and their CB coach said he played well against Calvin.

Its not a gamble signing at all, the only gamble is he has a few injuries but if he stays healthy he should be Bradley's perfect outside corner opposite McCray.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Without really studying film and going off what these reporters are saying, he seems like a great scheme fit for what Bradley likes in corners.

“The best thing about Davon House is how physical he is."

"GM David Caldwell specifically mentioned the way House played against Calvin Johnson and Julio Jones."

Calvin Johnsons stats against GB:

6 catches 82 yards 0 TDs

4 catches 39 yards 2 TDs

Julio Jones stats against GB:

11 catches  259 yards 2 TDs

Not really sure what Caldwell is referring to in terms of Julio...

Quote:Without really studying film and going off what these reporters are saying, he seems like a great scheme fit for what Bradley likes in corners.

"GM David Caldwell specifically mentioned the way House played against <a class="bbc_url" href='http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/10447/calvin-johnson'>Calvin Johnson</a> and <a class="bbc_url" href='http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/13982/julio-jones'>Julio Jones</a>."

6 catches 82 yards 0 TDs

4 catches 39 yards 2 TDs

11 catches 259 yards 2 TDs

Maybe when House was on Julio he held him in check?

Quote:Without really studying film and going off what these reporters are saying, he seems like a great scheme fit for what Bradley likes in corners.

"GM David Caldwell specifically mentioned the way House played against Calvin Johnson and Julio Jones."

6 catches 82 yards 0 TDs

4 catches 39 yards 2 TDs

Like the article says, House was the only one who had much success against Jones. They put other guys on him and they were torched. House held his own.

I like the structure of the contract. Only this year and $3.5 mill next year is guaranteed. He's a young player and he has a chance to be a good starter.

"GM David Caldwell specifically mentioned the way House played against <a class="bbc_url" href='http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/10447/calvin-johnson'>Calvin Johnson</a> and <a class="bbc_url" href='http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/13982/julio-jones'>Julio Jones</a>."

6 catches 82 yards 0 TDs

4 catches 39 yards 2 TDs

11 catches 259 yards 2 TDs

I will agree the Jones stats are bad, but I think those Johnson stats are pretty good. Those 2 TDs came on only 39 yds, meaning they were probably red zone toss ups that almost no one can compete with Johnson on. 2 TDs and just over 120 yds receiving in 2 games against arguably the most dominant WR in the game is respectable.
“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

Quote:So pretty much the jags gambling now.. I dont wanna hear nobody say this was a great pick the jags know what they doing cuz the kid could barely start in Green Bay for 4 years. Im just hoping Caldwell and them nail this because there jobs depend on it.
Their jobs depend on this signing?  Really?  Drama queen much?

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Their jobs depend on this signing? Really? Drama queen much?

Kahn: "Well Dave, Bortles is great, Thomas is awesome, we won the Superbowl, but unfortunately we cut House halfway through the season, so.... I'm going to have you let you go"
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:Their jobs depend on this signing? Really? Drama queen much?
Yea that was a lil over dramatic. Im just saying I want this to work.. I want house to be a good pick.. Just have my fear of picking up unproven players like Gerhart. And then paying them decent contracts.

My buddy who is a Packers fan has echoed what other people have said about Parnell.  House is a good player who was solid depth in an above average group.  He was developed but would be too expensive to keep.  

If he stays healthy he'll see a lot of time in the field and hopefully playing for Gus can make him better.

Does anyone know how many snaps House played last year?  House defended 8 passes vs 17 overall (9 by Gratz) by the Jaguars in 2014.

Quote:Does anyone know how many snaps House played last year?  House defended 8 passes vs 17 overall (9 by Gratz) by the Jaguars in 2014.
411. 1k is about how much a full time 16 game starter will get, for comparison.

Quote:Does anyone know how many snaps House played last year? House defended 8 passes vs 17 overall (9 by Gratz) by the Jaguars in 2014.

How in the world did Gratz manage over half of our team's PDs?
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Frequently missed time to injury. Sounds like Derek Cox 2.0.

House at $6M per year. Ball with a $2M one-year contract from Carolina. Unless Ball's injury was a career killer, I don't see this as an upgrade, at least not for 2015.

I don't understand why the Jags would not re-sign a cheap CB who played very well, and then pay 3 times as much for a guy who has a history of missing games because of injury.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(This post was last modified: 03-20-2015, 11:38 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Hot wife too

[Image: DSCN5921.jpg]

[Image: MrMrsHouse1.png]

Quote:Hot wife too

Really? Can she play?

Quote:Really? Can she play?
I'm betting Davon House thinks so.

:thumbsup:

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

6 catches 82 yards 0 TDs

4 catches 39 yards 2 TDs

I believe Shields was the corner getting burned all game by Julio.

Quote:Hot wife too

Ehhhhh Not impressed.