Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
More on Davon House

Quote:Ehhhhh Not impressed.

Did you say not impressed ..... here ya go ....

[Image: mckayla-maroney-not-impressed.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Ehhhhh Not impressed.

Agreed.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:Agreed.
Y'all are crazy

Impress us on the field.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:Impress us on the field.
His wife?

Quote:His wife?

Either of them, just impress us on the field, that's all I ask.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Lame, I thought this was going to be a nice thread. I regret doing that work compiling those clips. 

Quote:Lame, I thought this was going to be a nice thread. I regret doing that work compiling those clips.

We are all heartbroken.

Those gifs were pretty cool. Is there a way to see some more of our other free agent signings?
Shock the world

What's not to like?  A pure cover guy with ball skills.  Every player is a gamble of some sort.  House looks like he will fit right into Gus's scheme.  Maybe he can lock down a team's best WR without safety help.

Quote:Lame, I thought this was going to be a nice thread. I regret doing that work compiling those clips. 

Are you really surprised? Lol.

Anyways, those were some good clips of what we can expect from House. Though it will be interesting to see how he performs as a starter every week instead of simply the next guy in line. As someone who watches Green Bay virtually every week, he definitely has the skills it takes to succeed as a starting corner, but being able to counter a game plan specifically against you is completely different than what he's had to face before.

KY...

I watched those clips earlier and meant to comment, but did not get the chance.  Mea culpa.

I would say the good clips are really good. He seems to excel defending vertical routes.  The one time he was "beaten" in those clips, he showed good recovery speed to break up the pass.  Now the scouting reports say he has a strong punch at the LOS, but I didn't see much of it in those clips.  He showed good hips, turn and go, and seems to time his jumps well...but I did not see him give many strong jams at the line.

The bad clips? 

The two I saw in off coverage, one he was beaten on an out-no huge harm there.  Another play he fell.  That happens.  While he may not excel in off coverage, I'm not sure those two particular clips definitively make that case. 

Hopefully he can finally stay healthy and show the consistency he seemed to lack in GB according to the scouting reports.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Nice work KY.

It's nice to see a sample if his work.

The FO did a nice job in structuring his contract.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

(This post was last modified: 03-21-2015, 11:37 AM by imtheblkranger.)

At the very least, it will be nice not seeing our corner get burned for a 60 yard td every game

I'd rather make them beat is underneath than with 2 or 3 big plays
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

House will be our best CB, he wasnt the GB CB getting burnt every game

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

(This post was last modified: 03-21-2015, 12:12 PM by FreeAgent01.)

Quote: 

BAD:

http://gfycat.com/JampackedGracefulFish - struggles in off coverage laterally

http://gfycat.com/BestSecondaryBug - top screen, again don't play him in off coverage

The first one looks like he was in cover 3.  The blame here looks like it goes to the linebacker (Julius Peppers?) who bit a little too hard on the playaction.  House's responsibility is over the top there.

The second one, he just slips.  That's on him, but it doesn't show lack of ability.

(This post was last modified: 03-21-2015, 11:26 PM by theguy77.)

Hank jones is wrong about Gratz. Covering vertical routes is just about the only thing he does well in coverage, hence why we liked him as a cover 3 corner who can block the sideline off. Otherwise he's a run support corner, who can't recover if he guesses wrong or is fooled by a WR's first move, he has tight hips. He always falls down when the receiver comes back to the LOS and doesn't anticipate crossing routes fast enough to get in front of them (that Texans pick 6 was thrown directly to him behind an open receiver on a drag route).

McCray/House/Colvin sounds like a very nice combo. I think Colvin is the most well rounded and McCray is the best pure cover guy, but I can see why House is a nice chess piece to add on the outside because of his size and physicality. I feel bad about not liking Gratz, I wanna believe in all of our early draft picks in this regime but his play was just way too vulnerable to really basic, easy routes on third down.

I personally think this is Caldwell's best signing.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

Dave Caldwell hired Gus Bradley to develop players like he did in Seattle. Dave Caldwell signs emerging player Davon House and Bradley gets to develop him. I think its a great fit, played great in the limited time he played. He will get better as a CB with experience and coaching. 

Nice chat with JP/Oehser and D. House:

http://www.jaguars.com/media-gallery/vid...d2c9e8aa8b