Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags claim Bernard Pierce

Can he block? Nothing more than a camp body imo

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 03-20-2015, 09:12 AM by muddylips.)

Quote:It's a free claim basically. If he doesn't pan out we lose nothing to him. I'm seeing guys all over acting like we signed the guy to a five year contract with 20 mil guaranteed
question answered. So he essentially is a 'no risk' acquisition. Fair enough, but I don't see why the bother to have even picked him up. Oh well.

I y'ams who I y'ams and thats all I y'ams...

Caldwell probably liked him coming out in the 2012 draft.  

Probably just a GM picking up a guy that he liked as a scout.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:I'm sure some Ravens fans had similar feelings when they signed a rb that hadn't proved himself and a 3rd string back from The Jags, in Justin Forsett. It seems to be a good fit.

"He has good vision and can cut back across the field when jammed up. He isn't very powerful and likely would excel working within a zone-blocking offense in which he can take one cut and go."
I"m sure the Ravens do feel pretty good about Justin Forsett... just as surely the Jags feel bad about cutting him. However, Justin wasn't carrying off field baggage with him when he went to Baltimore the way that Pierce is coming here.

I y'ams who I y'ams and thats all I y'ams...

Quote:Nice competition. I like that Pierce is on the final year of his rookie contract. He's going to HAVE to have a prove it type of season.

Best situation for us. A man trying to earn some dough.

If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

He will be a long shot to even make the team.

Why not grab him? People acting surprised at this move clearly haven't been following the Jags these last few years. Take a chance on a guy, he might pay off - he might suck but why not take a chance? Players like Marks, Ball, Will Blackmon, Ziggy Hood, Clay Harbor, JT Thomas etc where picked up in similar moves and became starters for a period of time. Even if it just forces the players already on the roster to play a little tougher then it's a good move.

Pierce is a goal line, short yardage back.

I think he competes with Storm for the #3 back.

Behind Drob and Slowby.

If we draft a RB this year Storm could be PS and Pierce or Slowby could be cut

I dont like the pick up, to me hes no better then a Storm Johnson, or Jordan Todman, or Gerhart. We have all these Running backs on our team with C and D grade values. We need some A's !!

There were people clamoring to sign Trent Richardson and nobody is fine with getting this guy at half a million just to look at him in camp? Forsett should be a wake up call to come of you. Sometimes a guy like that can go to another system and have success. 

More people than I thought would be on their high horse too. 

I know I've driven home a few times and would have blown over the league limit. I'm not an alcoholic or drink frequently but this is something that can happen to anyone. All it takes is a few beers and you are right there. 

Quote:I know I've driven home a few times and would have blown over the league limit. I'm not an alcoholic or drink frequently but this is something that can happen to anyone. All it takes is a few beers and you are right there.

Kinda like Josh Brent or Stallworth...

Quote:There were people clamoring to sign Trent Richardson and nobody is fine with getting this guy at half a million just to look at him in camp? Forsett should be a wake up call to come of you. Sometimes a guy like that can go to another system and have success.

More people than I thought would be on their high horse too.

I know I've driven home a few times and would have blown over the league limit. I'm not an alcoholic or drink frequently but this is something that can happen to anyone. All it takes is a few beers and you are right there.

All valid points. I mean, Lord forbid a man drinks on St. Patrick's Day and has to drive home. His mistake was more speeding than drinking. I started to go out myself that night but had a bad feeling about getting a dui, so I stayed my butt home.
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

Quote:All valid points. I mean, Lord forbid a man drinks on St. Patrick's Day and has to drive home. His mistake was more speeding than drinking. I started to go out myself that night but had a bad feeling about getting a dui, so I stayed my butt home.

you know there's Taxi's right?

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:His mistake was more speeding than drinking.

Wow...

Quote:All valid points. I mean, Lord forbid a man drinks on St. Patrick's Day and has to drive home. His mistake was more speeding than drinking. I started to go out myself that night but had a bad feeling about getting a dui, so I stayed my butt home.
His mistake was drinking and driving.  Most major municipalities have a service they offer to anyone that gives them a ride home if they've had too much to drink.  As an NFL player, he had additional options available to him to call for a car service.  Instead, he chose the stupid move and decided to drink and drive.  Speeding was just confirmation of his stupidity.

Suppose this poor angel was driving excessively fast after a night of drinking and he hit your family and killed them all.  That's okay?  When you drink and drive, you not only put yourself in jeopardy, but everyone on the road around you as well. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:I dont like the pick up, to me hes no better then a Storm Johnson, or Jordan Todman, or Gerhart. We have all these Running backs on our team with C and D grade values. We need some A's !!
How many A's do you see available right now on waivers?  The only one was Murray (and that's a bit debatable as he fell off at the end of the year) and he wouldn't sign with us.  It's not like there are a half dozen guys that are comparable to AP in his prime just sitting there waiting for us to pick him up.

Quote:How many A's do you see available right now on waivers? The only one was Murray (and that's a bit debatable as he fell off at the end of the year) and he wouldn't sign with us. It's not like there are a half dozen guys that are comparable to AP in his prime just sitting there waiting for us to pick him up.
I understand that. But adding players who have imo equal value to the players at his position makes no since to me. They can draft Gurley or Gordon maybe even Abdullah and i believe any one of them rookies would be better.

Quote:you know there's Taxi's right?

Of course, but that leaves no money for drinking!

Quote:I understand that. But adding players who have imo equal value to the players at his position makes no since to me. They can draft Gurley or Gordon maybe even Abdullah and i believe any one of them rookies would be better.
The guy's contract is 600k and it's March.  If the guy outperforms another one of our guys to earn a roster spot then great, if not we cut him.  This also has absolutely ZERO bearing on the draft.  I see no reason why this is a bad move at all.

Quote:The guy's contract is 600k and it's March. If the guy outperforms another one of our guys to earn a roster spot then great, if not we cut him. This also has absolutely ZERO bearing on the draft. I see no reason why this is a bad move at all.
ok i guess not for 600k.. could this mean Gerhart might get released. Isnt he owed like 5 mill or something??