Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags claim Bernard Pierce

Quote:ok i guess not for 600k.. could this mean Gerhart might get released. Isnt he owed like 5 mill or something??
One has absolutely nothing to do with the other.  Gerhart isn't going to be released unless someone beats him out for a roster spot.  The coaching staff and front office love the guy. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Well it seems Fossett wanted to stay with the Ravens.

Quote:One has absolutely nothing to do with the other. Gerhart isn't going to be released unless someone beats him out for a roster spot. The coaching staff and front office love the guy.
"The coaching staff and our front office loves this guy." Why? Did he have any games last year in which he ran for 100yds in a game? I dont think so.. Like any job if u dont perform u gotta go and i hope Pierce beat him out of his 2nd string job cuz drob did it wit ease.

Quote:"The coaching staff and our front office loves this guy." Why? Did he have any games last year in which he ran for 100yds in a game? I dont think so.. Like any job if u dont perform u gotta go and i hope Pierce beat him out of his 2nd string job cuz drob did it wit ease.

You do understand (probably not, but there's always hope) he played most of last season injured, right?  I know you're not the sharpest tool in the shed, but I'm pretty sure you understand how injuries can impact the output of players.  At least I think you do.

While you're holding out hope for Pierce to win the backup job behind DRob (who probably won't be the starter in 2015), you might want to take a little time and find an English 101 class. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

(This post was last modified: 03-20-2015, 06:13 PM by Yo Boy.)

Quote:You do understand (probably not, but there's always hope) he played most of last season injured, right? I know you're not the sharpest tool in the shed, but I'm pretty sure you understand how injuries can impact the output of players. At least I think you do.

While you're holding out hope for Pierce to win the backup job behind DRob (who probably won't be the starter in 2015), you might want to take a little time and find an English 101 class.
Why when people like you cant prove your argument, you revert to non football subjects like grammar and spelling. I dont wanna get banned again so im gonna keep it clean. Im sorry if u mad but even when Gerhart wasnt hurt he still sucked!!

Quote:Why when people like you cant prove your argument, you revert to non football subjects like grammar and spelling. I dont wanna get banned again so im gonna keep it clean. Im sorry if u mad but even when Gerhart wasnt hurt he still sucked!!

"Can't prove" my argument?  Seriously?  He was injured.  That's a documented fact.  It was a serious ankle injury that hampered his ability all season long.  That's a fact.  What part of this are you struggling to comprehend?

When Gerhart was as close to healthy as he was all season toward the end of the year, he looked much improved, and fit the role they were hoping he would when they signed him.  Again, I'm not expecting you to get this because you're clearly not capable.  Gerhart was playing hurt most of the year.  You can try to debate that point all you want.  It's a fact you can't refute.

I'm not mad.  Just intolerant of blatant ignorance.

Quote:"Can't prove" my argument? Seriously? He was injured. That's a documented fact. It was a serious ankle injury that hampered his ability all season long. That's a fact. What part of this are you struggling to comprehend?

When Gerhart was as close to healthy as he was all season toward the end of the year, he looked much improved, and fit the role they were hoping he would when they signed him. Again, I'm not expecting you to get this because you're clearly not capable. Gerhart was playing hurt most of the year. You can try to debate that point all you want. It's a fact you can't refute.

I'm not mad. Just intolerant of blatant ignorance.
To be honest you are ignorant if you believe he still is a good football player at 100%. But i find you incapable of evaluating real talent so your honesty really doesn't matter to me. You have your excuse and opinion for Gerhart and I have mines.WHICH IS OBVIOUS HE'S Slow and he sucks.

Considering we have five fodder backs, I'd expect one to be drafted fairly early in the upcoming draft.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(This post was last modified: 03-22-2015, 07:45 AM by Stigma.)

Did you know this about Bernard Pierce - formerly of the Ravens?

He was the 84th Pick (3rd Rd) in the 2012 Draft by the Ravens.

The Ravens actually traded up to select Pierce in the draft.

He was a Jr. Entry into the draft having run for 3,570 yards and 53 TDs in his career at Temple.

He ran a 4.49/40 at the Combine.

He had a 7.07 time for the 3 Cone Drill.

He had a 10' 3" Broad Jump

He ran a 4.34/40 at his Pro Day.

Coming into the draft, Pierce was rated as the 4th best RB behind Trent Richardson, Chris Polk and Doug Martin but ahead of Lamar Miller.

He is not a quick twitch runner but more of a build up speed runner.

His one cut running style reminded the Ravens of Arian Foster.

At 6'0" 230 Lbs, he is a Big RB who can run inside in a zone blocking scheme.

Not much of a receiver out of the backfield.

Clearly this pickup is very similar to a Free Agent signing without having to spend much money.

(This post was last modified: 03-22-2015, 07:53 AM by Stigma.)

Regarding Toby Gerhart's future, it seems that Gerhart may become an H-Back or Utility TE, which would eliminate the need to draft a TE in the upcoming draft.

I had not thought of this, but moving Gerhart to TE kind of eliminates the draft Maxx Williams in Rd 2 or even Clive Warfold in Rd 3, although not completely.

Will picking up Bernard Pierce remove the need to select a RB high in the draft, say in Rd 2?

Unless Melvin Gordon is there in Rd 2, I think it might.

Right now, I could see the Jags targeting Damarious Randall - FS - Arizona with Pick 36 and Tyler Lockett - Slot WR with Pick 67.

Might the Jags target T.J. Yeldon in Rd 4 as their RB selection?

Time with tell.

(This post was last modified: 03-22-2015, 10:41 AM by jobclarke.)

Quote:Regarding Toby Gerhart's future, it seems that Gerhart may become an H-Back or Utility TE, which would eliminate the need to draft a TE in the upcoming draft.

I had not thought of this, but moving Gerhart to TE kind of eliminates the draft Maxx Williams in Rd 2 or even Clive Warfold in Rd 3, although not completely.

Will picking up Bernard Pierce remove the need to select a RB high in the draft, say in Rd 2?

Unless Melvin Gordon is there in Rd 2, I think it might.

Right now, I could see the Jags targeting Damarious Randall - FS - Arizona with Pick 36 and Tyler Lockett - Slot WR with Pick 67.

Time with tell.
He's going to be a rotational back that may play third down and short yardage from what I've read. Highly doubt they'll move him to tight end. Would make little to no sense. Also I think Lockette is a popular second round guy and may go there. Might have a better chance at the FS in the third of even fourth. Guys like Yeldon and David Johnson I like as big versatile backs but if we get to trade down in the first and claim more picks running back could be selected as early as the second round

Quote:Right now, I could see the Jags targeting Damarious Randall - FS - Arizona with Pick 36 and Tyler Lockett - Slot WR with Pick 67.

Time with tell.
I can't think of a scenario more perfect than this. Beasley, Randall, Lockett, Yeldon would make me so happy.

It would be nice if he can turn out to be productive for this team.

Quote:I can't think of a scenario more perfect than this. Beasley, Randall, Lockett, Yeldon would make me so happy.

Yeah, that would be an impressive haul.

Quote:Wow...

Yeah. i guess my point is.. we all drink and drive. everyone drinks and drive. everyone. but to not be careful with it is kinda asking for the trouble that comes
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

Quote:you know there's Taxi's right?

true dat

People forget the offensive line was a terrible problem for most of the season. I want to see what Toby has in the tank with a soild line in front of him.

Quote:His mistake was drinking and driving. Most major municipalities have a service they offer to anyone that gives them a ride home if they've had too much to drink. As an NFL player, he had additional options available to him to call for a car service. Instead, he chose the stupid move and decided to drink and drive. Speeding was just confirmation of his stupidity.

Suppose this poor angel was driving excessively fast after a night of drinking and he hit your family and killed them all. That's okay? When you drink and drive, you not only put yourself in jeopardy, but everyone on the road around you as well.

I dont actually know anyone that hasn't had atleast a beer or two and gotten behind the wheel. I myself will have a draft with my 10 piece hot wings at Applebee's after work and drive home. But to get intoxicated and get behind the wheel is irresponsible. Now for him, yeah, he shoulda made a better choice, no doubt

Almost murdering your girlfriend with a right hook isn't the same thing as having one too many and deciding you are okay to drive. It's about intent and I'm embarrassed for anyone who tries to compare the two.

Quote:I dont actually know anyone that hasn't had atleast a beer or two and gotten behind the wheel. I myself will have a draft with my 10 piece hot wings at Applebee's after work and drive home. But to get intoxicated and get behind the wheel is irresponsible. Now for him, yeah, he shoulda made a better choice, no doubt

Wings and beer at Applebee's deserves an arrest.
Blakes Life Matters