Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Prince Amukamara...how much?

Prince is a known quantity. We know that when healthy he is at least average. We could go roll the bones on some other FA corner but who knows what we will get. We have the money. Let's have some stability. 

Calling Deshawn Watson a future bust since 3/19/17. If I eat crow, I will keep this in here and proclaim JackCity a genius. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

He fits Wash's scheme to a tee also

Quote:Dude has only played a full season once out of six seasons. He has a scant seven picks in six years. I am indifferent to resigning him, they have and must spend the money but damn, cant we get better?

http://www.nfl.com/player/princeamukamar...areerstats

Well, you get what you pay for. Maybe the Rams will let Trumaine Johnson hit the market this year after franchising the 6-2 CB last year, but he's looking at $12 or $13 mil per year as opposed to $9 to $10 mil for Prince with his injury risk.

'02

Quote:Ensuring either players stays on the field is a bit risky. Prince stayed fairly healthy last year so that's a good sign, but he still has a history that makes you take caution. Colvin you don't know if he can keep his nose clean. One more incident and he's gone for a year.

With any luck, Prince's injury history will help keep his price tag down. He did sign a one-year $6.5 mil prove-it deal this past season for similar reasoning, so just maybe the Jaguars can get him for about $9 mil per instead of $11 mil per.

As someone noted, the cap is going up again. You need to re-adjust your thinking for today's market rates. For $3 mil you no longer get quality starters... for $3 mil you get Chenne.
Yep, because Henne is totally here to be a quality starter.

Quote:[BAD WORD REMOVED] No! 4 mill and thats it!! He dont like it let him walk..
kek

Quote:LOL at everyone jumping on Yo Boy when he's obviously trolling. Cyp will probably cost $5 mil per to keep.

I'm ready to guarantee that Prince's next contract averages per year in the $9 to $11 mil range, and it wouldn't surprise me in the least if it's closer to the higher end. If it does turn out closer to the lower end, you might see incentives make up the difference.

Ha 9 to 11 million that's funny... I'm sorry did he make the probowl? What makes you think that's his value??

Quote:He fits Wash's scheme to a tee also
While this would appear to be true, we don't actually know what Wash's scheme is yet. 

Quote:While this would appear to be true, we don't actually know what Wash's scheme is yet.

Fair point. I suppose another way of saying it is I don't see a scenario where Wash has a scheme that doesn't fit Prince.

Quote:Ha 9 to 11 million that's funny... I'm sorry did he make the probowl? What makes you think that's his value??

For starters, he just made $6.5 mil on a one year prove-it deal, and having proved it, he's sure to make more going foreward. I think there's even a rule that as a free agent he has to make like 110 or 120 percent more than last year so we're already pushing $7 mil for the first year of what's typically a back-loaded contract where the salaries increase every year. $4 mil isn't even an offer... it's either profound stupidity or you're trolling.

So now, how do I get $9 to $11 mil? Well, consider this...

<p style="margin-left:40px;">http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/jacksonville-...ket-value/

'02

What kind of odds do you have on us moving to cover 2? 

Calling Deshawn Watson a future bust since 3/19/17. If I eat crow, I will keep this in here and proclaim JackCity a genius. 

YoBoy, he is worth way more than 4 million bucks per year. I think he made 6 million last year. And right now he is the 2nd best DB we have behind Ramsey.

Quote:For starters, he just made $6.5 mil on a one year prove-it deal, and having proved it, he's sure to make more going foreward. I think there's even a rule that as a free agent he has to make like 110 or 120 percent more than last year so we're already pushing $7 mil for the first year of what's typically a back-loaded contract where the salaries increase every year. $4 mil isn't even an offer... it's either profound stupidity or you're trolling.

<p class="bbc_indent" style="margin-left:40px;"><a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/jacksonville-jaguars/prince-amukamara-7734/market-value/'>http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/jacksonville-jaguars/prince-amukamara-7734/market-value/</a>

Actually it was 5.5 million dollar deal...And to pay him 10 mill a year would suggest he is a top 10 cb... We both know that ain't true...

Here's a list.. of top cb salaries..
<a class="bbc_url" href='http://overthecap.com/position/cornerback/'>http://overthecap.com/position/cornerback/</a>

He might be worth 7mill on a long term deal.. Nothing more..

Quote:YoBoy, he is worth way more than 4 million bucks per year. I think he made 6 million last year. And right now he is the 2nd best DB we have behind Ramsey.

He made 5.5 million Ramsey 5.8 mill... I ain't saying don't pay the man but I wouldn't overpay him, he wasn't that great last season, he was just a avg cb in my eyes... I can see Colvin pushing for #2 real soon..

Quote:For starters, he just made $6.5 mil on a one year prove-it deal, and having proved it, he's sure to make more going foreward. I think there's even a rule that as a free agent he has to make like 110 or 120 percent more than last year so we're already pushing $7 mil for the first year of what's typically a back-loaded contract where the salaries increase every year. $4 mil isn't even an offer... it's either profound stupidity or you're trolling.

<p style="margin-left:40px;">http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/jacksonville-...ket-value/
That's not true.  He could easily sign a contract for less with another team, or even the Jaguars.  The 120 kicker is what happens when you franchise a player a second consecutive year.  

Imagine if he had been injured all season - he'd be looking at a vet minimum contract.  

Now, having said that, I would agree that his market value as a free agent would be in the $9-11 M range.  WIth lots of teams having $$$ to spend, the cap going up to another record level, and teams always need quality CB's, he's worth that much.  

Quote:He made 5.5 million Ramsey 5.8 mill... I ain't saying don't pay the man but I wouldn't overpay him, he wasn't that great last season, he was just a avg cb in my eyes... I can see Colvin pushing for #2 real soon..
Ramsey is playing on a  rookie deal; that's not anywhere near a fair comparison.  Rookies are paid based on a slotting system, that's just what the value is for the number 5 pick in the draft.  

Totally different for free agents.  

Quote:Ramsey is playing on a rookie deal; that's not anywhere near a fair comparison. Rookies are paid based on a slotting system, that's just what the value is for the number 5 pick in the draft.

Totally different for free agents.

Yeah I know... but if you guys are saying Prince is worth 10 mill.. And that's top 10 cb money.. What will Ramsey get? 15 -20 mill?

4 million for Prince, ROFL.

If healthy all season he is worth 7-8mill..

I think hes above average just not flashy.

I wish we can just clone Ramsey

Imo Prince is solid/average when healthy. My problem with him, other than health issues, is the lack of big plays. He's a decent cover corner that doesn't get many picks.

He should be paid accordingly

Quote:4 million for Prince, ROFL.

Take a look at this list.. <a class="bbc_url" href='http://overthecap.com/position/cornerback/'>http://overthecap.com/position/cornerback/</a>

Now tell me what's funny?? Prince is not a top cb! Look at the guys below him making less... I would take some of them guys quick...

I'm lol that people wanna pay Prince like he is a top 10 cb.. Or like he made a probowl or something.. Hell did he even get a pick last year??

And the crazy thing is I like Prince not a hater at all.. I just can see him for what he is worth..

Quote:Actually it was 5.5 million dollar deal...And to pay him 10 mill a year would suggest he is a top 10 cb... We both know that ain't true...

Here's a list.. of top cb salaries..
<a class="bbc_url" href='http://overthecap.com/position/cornerback/'>http://overthecap.com/position/cornerback/</a>

He might be worth 7mill on a long term deal.. Nothing more..

Ok.. he made $5.5 mil. My bad... I swear that first five looked like a 6.

We'll see if his injury history continues to hold him back in terms of getting paid, but the market value is up there for good CBs, which he is. $7 mil per year is possible if they manage to low-ball him, but my guess is that he makes $9 mil with an additional $2 mil per year in active roster incentives to help ensure he stays healthy.

The transition tag, btw, represents the average of the top 10 cap hits from the past season, and for this year it's $12.4 mil for CBs. Looking at 2017 salaries, the #10 overall cap hit is $11 mil, but keep in mind this does not include any UFA CBs. In other words, when the season starts, $11 mil won't even be a top 10 cap hit. There are currently 16 CBs with cap hits equal to $9 mil or more for 2017, and 25 CBs with cap hits of $7 mil or more.

You also have to keep in mind the nature of free agency and how they tend to get more. For instance, top free agents are often made the most expensive player at their position even if there are plenty of players better than him. Moreover, consider that I'm merely talking about his average cap hit per year being $9 mil. You see, contracts are typically back-loaded with the higher salaries toward the end meaning that even with this average, his cap hit next year would only be around $7 mil.  I sort of feel like you're confusing his 2017 cap hit with his average yearly cap hit.

'02