Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Prince Amukamara...how much?

Quote:Maybe...

Josh Norman this year has a $20 mil cap hit.

BTW, the following are the CBs with a 2017 cap hit ranging from $8.5 mil to $9.5 mil. Let me know if you can say that any of these names are flat out better than Prince...

• Sean Smith - Raiders
  • Chris Harris - Broncos
  • Kareem Jackson - Texans
  • David Amerson - Raiders
  • Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie - Giants
  • Byron Maxwell - Dolphins
  • Buster Skrine - Jets

Chris Harris, DRC are definitely better than Amukamara. Idk about Maxwell.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Mike DiRocco said the price will be 11-12 million. If thats the case I let him walk.

Quote:Mike DiRocco said the price will be 11-12 million. If thats the case I let him walk.
No that is pretty much the new market.   As cap increases, the market sky rockets. 

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Quote:Mike DiRocco said the price will be 11-12 million. If thats the case I let him walk.

DiRocco says a lot of things.  They aren't always accurate.  I agree that if it gets that far out of hand - letting him walk is probably the call. 

Even with the numbers moving up with the salary cap increase, I'd have a hard time justifying paying Amukamara north of 10.5 per year unless they work hard on including some playing time incentives and a lower guaranteed figure. 

If they can't come to terms with the oft-injured vet for less than 11 mil per  -- then I'd prefer they draft a guy prior to the fourth round.  

There are 4 or 5 CBs at or near the top of this draft that should be able to start right away. 

Yeah you just can't invest that kind of money into prince. Great guy and player but the injuries ain't going away anytime soon

I've said it a couple times, but it's worth repeating the phrase...

<p style="margin-left:40px;">active roster bonuses

'02

Yeah if Amukamara is really going to demand 11-12 mil then just pay the extra few mil and get Bouye, Gilmore, or Trumaine. 

Quote:Yeah if Amukamara is really going to demand 11-12 mil then just pay the extra few mil and get Bouye, Gilmore, or Trumaine.
Agreed

To get that kind of $$$ you need to be a playmaker...Prince just isn't one even though he's pretty solid.

Quote:Yeah if Amukamara is really going to demand 11-12 mil then just pay the extra few mil and get Bouye, Gilmore, or Trumaine. 

Once FA rolls around those guys will be signing much bigger contacts than Prince who will be way less expensive to retain. I think TC trusts him too. 

Quote:Once FA rolls around those guys will be signing much bigger contacts than Prince who will be way less expensive to retain. I think TC trusts him too. 
Those 3 should get ~4-5 mil more than Prince. If we talk to them and it's only 2-3 mil we should snap one of them up instead. 

(This post was last modified: 02-09-2017, 08:28 AM by wg171.)

Prince Amukamara career interceptions

2011 New York Giants 1

2012 New York Giants 1

2013 New York Giants 1

2014 New York Giants 3

2015 New York Giants. 1

2016 Jacksonville Jaguars 0

7 career interceptions

http://www.nfl.com/player/princeamukamar...areerstats

Quote:Prince Amukamara career interceptions

2011 New York Giants 1

2012 New York Giants 1

2013 New York Giants 1

2014 New York Giants 3

2015 New York Giants. 1

7 career interceptions

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.nfl.com/player/princeamukamara/2495108/careerstats'>http://www.nfl.com/player/princeamukamara/2495108/careerstats</a>

Wow! That's a very alarming stat! 11 mill is what they say he is worth ! Ha!! That's funny..

Quote:Prince Amukamara career interceptions

2011 New York Giants 1

2012 New York Giants 1

2013 New York Giants 1

2014 New York Giants 3

2015 New York Giants. 1

7 career interceptions

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.nfl.com/player/princeamukamara/2495108/careerstats'>http://www.nfl.com/player/princeamukamara/2495108/careerstats</a>
if interceptions were the only thing that mattered we wouldnt have drafted Jalen either.

I hope Ramsey never gets another int in his entire career. And the reason for that is his guy is always locked down and the QB doesn't dare throw his way.

But that would make him not worth the money though right? Smile

Quote:I hope Ramsey never gets another int in his entire career. And the reason for that is his guy is always locked down and the QB doesn't dare throw his way.

I don't, the crowd went nuts when he got that pick six. I hope we see more of those

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Quote:I hope Ramsey never gets another int in his entire career. And the reason for that is his guy is always locked down and the QB doesn't dare throw his way.

It's more to it then just locking a guy down.. If you can change the face of the game with a critical turnover, and or put points on the board that makes you valuable.. As a cb you will make more money with that attribute on your resume then just locking a guy up...

Back in the days it was expected of cb, to at least get 10 picks a year... Seems people have lowered their expectations drastically..

Prince hasn't proven he's worth the money. I would let him walk. Seriously would we miss him??

Quote:Back in the days it was expected of cb, to at least get 10 picks a year...

I call bologna.

Name all the non-hall-of-fame CBs who had double digit sacks on a routine basis!

'02

(This post was last modified: 02-09-2017, 09:27 PM by Yo Boy.)

Quote:I call bologna.

Name all the non-hall-of-fame CBs who had double digit sacks on a routine basis!

Double digit sacks?? As a cb?? Zero..

Not sure where you were going with this ... But i hope thats a good answer for you.. Lol

Quote:Double digit sacks?? As a cb?? Zero..

Not sure where you were going with this ... But i hope thats a good answer for you.. Lol

Ugh... lol... I meant INTs.

'02