Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***OFFICIAL 2015 NCAA Tournament Thread***

Since our old pal Deacon was not up for the job, I have taken the liberty of creating this officially official thread for the tourney.

Enjoy.

;

;

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Hey Deacon. I notice you were too stoopid to get in my brackets this year. Why for?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Night shifts has me all googly. Also, I'm too dum to figure out how to spell VCU.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Looking at the 4 early games on Thursday, I think every single game should be chalk. I think Texas will be the 1st lower seed to win on Thursday, and I also predict they will be the lowest seed to advance on Thursday, despite trendy upset picks like Eastern Washington, Stephen F. Austin, and even Wofford.

(This post was last modified: 03-19-2015, 12:41 AM by knarnn.)

Quote:Looking at the 4 early games on Thursday, I think every single game should be chalk. I think Texas will be the 1st lower seed to win on Thursday, and I also predict they will be the lowest seed to advance on Thursday, despite trendy upset picks like Eastern Washington, Stephen F. Austin, and even Wofford.

I wouldn't call those trendy picks. Its just something about those 5 and 12 seeds. The upsets come from that area of that bracket in just about every single year. I do agree though that this year could be different.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Looking at the 4 early games on Thursday, I think every single game should be chalk. I think Texas will be the 1st lower seed to win on Thursday, and I also predict they will be the lowest seed to advance on Thursday, despite trendy upset picks like Eastern Washington, Stephen F. Austin, and even Wofford.

I think at least one of the 12's will win. Wofford is the one to me.

;

;

I am going to show how I can not pick games.  LOL

I like two # 11 seeds to beat # 6  seeds :  Ole Miss over Xavier and  UCLA over SMU

my  # 12 over a # 5 seed :  SF Austin over Utah

Quote:I think at least one of the 12's will win. Wofford is the one to me.
Wofford is terrible. I follow the SoCon pretty close in season. The SoCon is down big time. Take that opinion for what it's worth.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

First upset.   UAB beats Iowa State.  Of course I had Iowa State going to the Elite 8.

Well, I knew my bold predictions were dumb. I will never understand how a team can play such strong opposition so well all year and then lay an egg against sub-par opponents in the important games.

Boom - the second #14 beating a #3 - here in Jacksonville: Georgia St. beating Baylor.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:Well, I knew my bold predictions were dumb. I will never understand how a team can play such strong opposition so well all year and then lay an egg against sub-par opponents in the important games.
Because these schools who most think are subpar are not. Take the jerseys off of these teams and put on generic uniforms and you'd be hard pressed to pick who is who. 

;

Quote:Boom - the second #14 beating a #3 - here in Jacksonville: Georgia St. beating Baylor.
Big time shot there too. I had Baylor winning two.  Blush

;

Quote:Big time shot there too. I had Baylor winning two.  Blush

And another #3 ( Notre Dame) just beat another #14 (Northeastern).

I think it's going to be one of those tournaments - except for maybe Kentucky.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Kentucky is simply too deep. The entire team would have to be afflicted with the flu to lose at this point.

I'm trying to formulate a method to the madness. I saw a stat that is 10-2 so far today and even had Georgia St. and UAB. Watch it do well today and then poor tomorrow. If it continues today, watch out for Eastern Washington.

Lower Seeded Teams to Watch Tomorrow:

(9) St. Johns

(10)Georgia

(11)Dayton

(12)Wyoming

(13)UC Irvine

(13)Valparaiso

(14)Albany

Hampton looks like hobbits in mordor compared to kentucky

(This post was last modified: 03-20-2015, 12:08 AM by knarnn.)

Wofford kept it close but couldn't pull it off.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Wofford kept it close but couldn't pull it off.
They did, I was shocked. It was nip and tuck from start to finish.

;

I was 8 of 16 on day 1.  Phenomenal first day.