Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***OFFICIAL 2015 NCAA Tournament Thread***

Down goes Kentucky...

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Ding Dong, the wicked witch is dead!   Go Badgers! 

What a classless group..player refuse to shake hands and fans riot.....big blue is a disgrace

Quote:What a classless group..player refuse to shake hands and fans riot.....big blue is a disgrace

As a life long Kentucky Wildcats fan, the only thing I'm more disappointed in than their play last night was the conduct of the team and the fans afterwards. This isn't how they've historically reacted to big losses. Absolutely shameful. 

I think the pressure of having a perfect season and the expectations that go with it got to Kentucky.   They probably would have been better off if they had a loss in the regular season.  

Quote:What a classless group..player refuse to shake hands and fans riot.....big blue is a disgrace

Drunk college kids act dumb after sporting events all the time. Doesn't make it right but not unique to Kentucky fan base.

Quote:I think the pressure of having a perfect season and the expectations that go with it got to Kentucky.   They probably would have been better off if they had a loss in the regular season.  
The same thing could be said for the Pats in the 07' season. The thing is, these undefeated teams become so obsessed with remaining perfect and trying to "make history"; then trying to keep their eyes on the prize.

Quote:The same thing could be said for the Pats in the 07' season. The thing is, these undefeated teams become so obsessed with remaining perfect and trying to "make history" then trying to keep their eyes on the prize.

Well said!

While former Colts GM Bill Polian received heavy criticism for pulling the Colts key starters in the 2nd half of their game against the Jets back in 2009 ( when the Colts were 14-0 ),  looking at the decision in hindsight,   Polian probably did what was best for the team.  Granted,  the Colts ended up losing to the Saints in the Super Bowl.  But not having the heavy weight on their backs of a potential perfect season likely increased their chances of going all the way. 

For College Basketball teams,   the task of getting through the tournament is even more difficult than for an NFL team trying for a perfect season.  The College Basketball Team has to win 6 tournament games,  compared to 3 playoff games for an NFL team.    While the 1 vs. 16 game is almost always a tune up type of game,   the other 5 games along the road are against legit competition.   Many # 1 seeded teams have lost to # 8 or # 9 teams over the years.   Including Viillanova  in this season's tournament.  

Quote:For College Basketball teams,   the task of getting through the tournament is even more difficult than for an NFL team trying for a perfect season.  The College Basketball Team has to win 6 tournament games,  compared to 3 playoff games for an NFL team.    While the 1 vs. 16 game is almost always a tune up type of game,   the other 5 games along the road are against legit competition.   Many # 1 seeded teams have lost to # 8 or # 9 teams over the years.   Including Viillanova  in this season's tournament. 
That's why the odds of getting a perfect bracket is one in 9.2 QUINTILLION. Each person on this Earth has better odds of being struck by lightning and winning the lottery, then having a perfect NCAA tournament bracket lol.

So, unbelievably happy that Kentucky lost. Hopefully, Wisconsin can take down another evil giant on Monday.

Quote:That's why the odds of getting a perfect bracket is one in 9.2 QUINTILLION. Each person on this Earth has better odds of being struck by lightning and winning the lottery, then having a perfect NCAA tournament bracket lol.

I wonder what the closest anyone has been to having a perfect NCAA tournament bracket under the 64 to 68 team format?

Quote: I wonder what the closest anyone has been to having a perfect NCAA tournament bracket under the 64 to 68 team format?

My best bracket was this year. I got 44 picks right. A far cry from the unattainable perfect bracket.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Sorry but that was pathetic officiatiating... Its hard to beat any team when you are letting people shoot with expired shot clocks and blatent no calls going one way and not the other... And the arm to the face wasnt intentional, he wasnt looking at the guy who was trying to screen him so i dont think he ment to catch his face... Couldnt care less about the reaction either, even though im not a big blue fan itwas still frustrating to watch.... I hope the badgers get murdered by duke.

lol. I've seen a lot less contact to the face and everytime it has been called. That was 1000% a flagrant 1, biased or not.

Harrison had some classy words for Kaminsky during the press conference.

Quote:Harrison had some classy words for Kaminsky during the press conference.

It's a good thing the races weren't reversed or this would have been a much much bigger story.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

The way Wisconsin celebrated the Kentucky win like they had just won the Championship really makes me worried for tonight. Hopefully, they didn't put all their eggs in the Kentucky basket.

Quote:As a life long Kentucky Wildcats fan, the only thing I'm more disappointed in than their play last night was the conduct of the team and the fans afterwards. This isn't how they've historically reacted to big losses. Absolutely shameful. 
I am just glad it was Harrison who made the comments he did and not Kaminsky. The media, and much of the public would've been calling for his head yesterday. The double standard is unbelievable.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Quote:Sorry but that was pathetic officiatiating... Its hard to beat any team when you are letting people shoot with expired shot clocks and blatent no calls going one way and not the other... And the arm to the face wasnt intentional, he wasnt looking at the guy who was trying to screen him so i dont think he ment to catch his face... Couldnt care less about the reaction either, even though im not a big blue fan itwas still frustrating to watch.... I hope the badgers get murdered by duke.

It was still a flagrant 1, whether he meant to or not.  You do know thats still a foul even if he didnt mean to, right?

Quote:It was still a flagrant 1, whether he meant to or not.  You do know thats still a foul even if he didnt mean to, right?
Exactly. Accident=Flagrant 1 in that situation and on purpose=Flagrant 2. Regardless of intent, any time contact of even half that power is made to the head it is at least a flagrant 1.