Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Fred Taylor's groin pull

Found this this video on YouTube. So happens it's the Jags first game after 9-11. Freddy put a vicious juke on old boy.

This I believe was the start of the Fragile Fred nickname because Coughlin listed Fred as questionable most of that year. (Correct me if I'm wrong).

Gosh I miss watching this dude run. STRAIGHT NASTY in the open field.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Cvj0mG-eRi4

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

You're right. Fred was nothing short of amazing.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

It's a toss up in-between Fred Taylor and Jimmy Smith as the Jags G.O.A.T. Pick you poison.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

He won't ever get into the HOF, but he is better than some of the guys already in.

Men that size aren't supposed to move like he did. Probably why that groin gave way.

That juke was violent, I wish we had a better view or multiple views.

That groin tear was something that he never fully recovered from.

This type of injury, when an extremely powerful athlete puts unheard of stress on

his body and something gives.

This reminds me of Bo Jackson pulling his hip out of the socket.

Can you imagine if Fred and Bo had stayed healthy.

HeadSlap

When they have no time,  they think about it!

When they go down hard, they think about it!

Just watch Peyton, Andrew, Caep even Mr. Bundchen.

Quote:It's a toss up in-between Fred Taylor and Jimmy Smith as the Jags G.O.A.T. Pick you poison.

I don't think its a toss-up, at least not between those two. Its between Fred and Tony, IMO.

It wasn't just a groin pull. Like HeadSlap mentioned, the groin completely tore away from the bone. He wasn't playing again that year after that injury. I remember reading something about Taylor resenting Coughlin for listing him as questionable every week after that injury. It didn't help him shake that fragile label.
<FONT size=3>The secret to surfing is don't do anything.</FONT>

"You see him, grabbing his...stomach"

Hahahahahah

I was at that game. I remember being mad that he fumbled, then I heard what happened. Yikes!

I also remember Stacey Mack coming in for him and playing well. Jeff Fisher even complimented him after the game.

Fred has something like over two full seasons of missed games. Imagine cutting those in half. Or let's say he plays that 2001 season. That's a guaranteed 1,000 yard season at least. Then where does he stand on the all time list?

Side note. If I remember correctly didn't Fred have a 9 100yard game streak going into the first game that season?

Quote:It's a toss up in-between Fred Taylor and Jimmy Smith as the Jags G.O.A.T. Pick you poison.

I don't see how this is a toss up since Boselli is the Jags GOAT.

'02

Fred has actually said that that cut was the thing he was most proud of in his career, which only makes the injury more frustrating.
We are Jaguars.

The worst part was the timing of the groin pull because Fred was a shoe-in for the Pro Bowl that season had he stayed healthy.

'02

Fred was the truth!  This team was the truth! Brunell looked so confident with Jimmy, Keenan and Freddie T in there

Quote:Side note. If I remember correctly didn't Fred have a 9 100yard game streak going into the first game that season?

I'm not close to certain, but I thought that had ended near the end of the previous season. And I'm thinking it was the snowy game against the Bengals.

God, I remember that game.  I was part of the color guard that did the pre game and it was the first game after 9/11.  Crowd went NUTS when we marched onto the field.

Later, I remember watching the ball fly out and wondering how he fumbled if he didn't even get hit, then hearing what happened.  Seeing a guy that big with moves like that...man, what a treat to watch.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

I miss this type of offense..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:I miss this type of offense..

You and me both. I think it'll be quite some time before we see talent like that in the backfield, sadly.

<i>Behold man's final mad disgrace.</i>

<i>He chops his nose to spite his face.</i>

-Etrigan the Demon