Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Fred Taylor's groin pull

Quote:He won't ever get into the HOF, but he is better than some of the guys already in.

I believe he still has a chance.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I believe he still has a chance.

The veteran's committee is going to be a good shot for him.  The highlights are mind blowing with him.  He got robbed out of the Rookie of the Year.  Honestly Edge, LT and Fred are the last true pure RBs outside of AP.  The fragile label is total bs when you consider the yardage despite the missed games.

Who owns the rushing record in Three Rivers Stadium? (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/st...tadium.htm)

<p style="margin-left:40px;">http://jacksonville.com/sports/football/...ty-special

<p style="margin-left:40px;"> 

<p style="font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:16px;color:rgb(51,51,51);margin-left:40px;">Why not the Pittsburgh Steelers game at Three Rivers Stadium in 2000 when you rushed for 234 yards on prime-time television? You said last year that you were lucky it was a night game because you consumed too much alcohol on the Friday night before that game, allowing you extra time to recover.

<p style="font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:16px;color:rgb(51,51,51);margin-left:40px;">I can’t say the Pittsburgh game for that [alcohol-related] reason. If I have one regret about my career, it’s that Pittsburgh game because the 234 yards should have been the [NFL] single-game rushing record. I can do nothing to bring that back.

<p style="font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:16px;color:rgb(51,51,51);margin-left:40px;"> 

<p style="font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:16px;color:rgb(51,51,51);">I miss Fred T.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Quote:I was at that game. I remember being mad that he fumbled, then I heard what happened. Yikes!

I also remember Stacey Mack coming in for him and playing well. Jeff Fisher even complimented him after the game.

Same here. I was wondering Whst the hell was he doing? Running like crazy and then just threw the ball up like a hot potato. First pissed off. Then when I heard why, I looked down and thought...ewwww...not good.
Blakes Life Matters

When you look back at his full career, he stayed relatively healthy compared to most other RBs in the NFL.

Quote:When you look back at his full career, he stayed relatively healthy compared to most other RBs in the NFL.

This very much gets overlooked.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Our old jerseys were boss.

Quote:Fred has something like over two full seasons of missed games. Imagine cutting those in half. Or let's say he plays that 2001 season. That's a guaranteed 1,000 yard season at least. Then where does he stand on the all time list?

He missed 55 career games

Quote:He missed 55 career games
Well [BLEEP] even worse. 1,000 more yards puts him 9th all time. 2,000 more yards puts him higher than that!

Man, our offense moved so effortlessly back then.  Fred was just amazing.  Great guy on and off the field.

Quote:Well [BAD WORD REMOVED] even worse. 1,000 more yards puts him 9th all time. 2,000 more yards puts him higher than that!
You average 60 yards a game MINIMUM, which would put him at 14,995 yards.  That's good for #4 all time.  Hall of Fame indeed.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

Man I miss that team.

Quote:You and me both. I think it'll be quite some time before we see talent like that in the backfield, sadly.
I was about to say the same thing.. Our offense then look soo fluent..

Every one was well educated. Pretty sure they all spoke 2-4 languages.

Quote:I was about to say the same thing.. Our offense then look soo fluent..

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

Our team was so good back then. Weird to hear the phrase "Jaguars potent offense".

One day it will be again

Quote:Our team was so good back then. Weird to hear the phrase "Jaguars potent offense".

One day it will be again

Isn't that the truth.

For too many seasons now it has been way too much "Jaguars impotent offense" and that has got to change.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:Every one was well educated. Pretty sure they all spoke 2-4 languages.
like you huh?

Quote:like you huh?

Eye speek yo boi

I kid, I kid...

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]