Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Starting to feel Promising!

Quote:Here we go once again with talks of a running back. I wish there was someway some how to put Marshawn Lynch in this backfield last year and see how he would have fared. All this talk of getting a beast for a running back seems to forget one important ingredient that ALL GREAT RB's have in common. They ALL have a really good OL in front of them plowing the way. Did the Jags have that this past season? Answer: No, and it wasn't even a close vote. Will they have it this season, maybe.........but probably not. They are probably at least 2 years away from a dominant force OL. Until that happens, all the Marshawn Lynch's of the world aren't going to matter all that much. Guy's like him and other top FA's like (DeMarco Murray for one) won't even give the JAGS an honest look until the OL becomes like that.
2 years away thats funny Bradley and Caldwell dont have 2 years. And all great rb didnt have a great line. Ask Barry.. If we had Lynch last year i guarantee we would have won at least 6 games based off his running ability as a elite running back something we dont have on the team. Last year you guys praised Gerhart when he was picked up saying he was gonna be good,Well you guys were wrong!The jags need a true Running back on this team if we will ever be successful.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Here we go once again with talks of a running back. I wish there was someway some how to put Marshawn Lynch in this backfield last year and see how he would have fared. All this talk of getting a beast for a running back seems to forget one important ingredient that ALL GREAT RB's have in common. They ALL have a really good OL in front of them plowing the way. Did the Jags have that this past season? Answer: No, and it wasn't even a close vote. Will they have it this season, maybe.........but probably not. They are probably at least 2 years away from a dominant force OL. Until that happens, all the Marshawn Lynch's of the world aren't going to matter all that much. Guy's like him and other top FA's like (DeMarco Murray for one) won't even give the JAGS an honest look until the OL becomes like that. 

Decent running backs are a dime a dozen in the NFL. There are GREAT ones that can carry a team much like MJD did here during the Gabbert era, at least to a good extent. There are great backs this era doing this for other teams to an even higher extent like Peterson/Lynch. You could argue Murray was assisted a lot by the heavily acclaimed Cowboys OL but there is no substitute to having a back that can do it all well. That includes protecting the passer.

No pain, no gain.

Quote:Decent running backs are a dime a dozen in the NFL. There are GREAT ones that can carry a team much like MJD did here during the Gabbert era, at least to a good extent. There are great backs this era doing this for other teams to an even higher extent like Peterson/Lynch. You could argue Murray was assisted a lot by the heavily acclaimed Cowboys OL but there is no substitute to having a back that can do it all well. That includes protecting the passer.
Remind me again of the year Adrain Peterson gained over 2,000 yards and came real, real close to breaking Eric Dickerson's mark. What was the team's record that year? And how far did they go in the playoffs again?

Quote:2 years away thats funny Bradley and Caldwell dont have 2 years. And all great rb didnt have a great line. Ask Barry.. If we had Lynch last year i guarantee we would have won at least 6 games based off his running ability as a elite running back something we dont have on the team. Last year you guys praised Gerhart when he was picked up saying he was gonna be good,Well you guys were wrong!The jags need a true Running back on this team if we will ever be successful.
You guys are right. A running back relies on his feet for just about every reason a running back is called a running back. So, what happens to a RB whose feet are failing him? Typically, that RB is extrememly limited to his effectiveness as a runner. Does anyone disagree with this assessment? If not, then would it not also make sense that if a RB was hurt or got hurt (let's say for arguments sake) in the very first game of the season and tried to come back too early which only aggravated the injury even worse............would you say that RB was ineffective for good reason? It seems as though an inury to "any other" player in the NFL is understandable their performance would be limited but for some odd reason an injury to Toby Gerhart is not understandable only, but also entirely unacceptable. Let's just get it over and take him behind the barn and put him out of his misery. After all, it's SLOWBY for crying out loud. Just to piss off most on this forum, I'd love to see him come out with a venegance this season and run over and through his opponents like they are not even there. Would that finally shut you up?

(This post was last modified: 03-17-2015, 08:25 AM by DewtheMathis.)

Ive always felt that DBs is this teams biggest weakness, the team hasnt had a decent CB since they let R. Mathis go.  The FS being the biggest weakness on this team for Gus Bradley's tenure and prior to that.  The FA FS Sergio Brown from the Colts is going to be the answer.  HC Gus Bradley has almost the exact same type of Defense he helped create in Seattle, and Sergio Brown is no Earl Thomas!

Gerod Holliman might be the kind of Free Safety Gus Bradley truly needs but I doubt that they draft him I see them probably going with Damarious Randall, or <strong>Isaiah Johnson</strong>

which are more likely being a late round pick up to challenge the Free Agent Sergio.

I was thinking tod gurley.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Ive always felt that DBs is this teams biggest weakness, the team hasnt had a decent CB since they let R. Mathis go. 

I am guessing you didn't watch Colvin and McCray last year.

David Johnson.
Shock the world