Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2015 Schedule

(This post was last modified: 03-14-2015, 03:21 AM by MtMan35768.)

I was just wondering if anyone else was thinking like me.

I hate to lose or throw games. But I wished we would of finished last in the division last year. The reason is simple , I would of rather have played Oakland and @ Cleveland , instead of San Diego and @ Baltimore.

The schedule we have is probably one of the easiest if we had Oakland and Cleveland , I expect us to win more games this year and be more competitive then last year. I expect us to at least be in these games this year

1) Miami ( We played them very well last year , It was the 2 pick 6 that beat us.)

2) Tennessee ( Enuff said )

3) Carolina and Atlanta ( Both are very inconsistent )

4) Buffalo ( Maybe our first win in London )

5) NY Jets ( if we can control the game - There Defense will be tough )

6) Tampa Bay ( They are in no better shape then we are )

7) New Orleans ( who knows what they will look like )

8) Houston  ( Maybe a split with them )

These I do not know about , Indy ( Twice ) , San Diego , Baltimore , New England ,

Just wondered what everyone else thinks.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'd rather play the better teams. Those are the teams you'll be facing in the playoffs most likely. Not saying we're making the playoffs but I'd rather see how they do vs the better competition.

Quote:I'd rather play the better teams. Those are the teams you'll be facing in the playoffs most likely. Not saying we're making the playoffs but I'd rather see how they do vs the better competition.

My feelings exactly. I want to see the Jags beat the best teams in the league. Only way to bring home a championship.

Buffalo has improved. I'd give us a win at home. But a home game away? 50/50

That is why I'm still ranting about so many home games given away. Great for bottom line. No help in win column, which means no help in playoff possibility. Our 3 rd and 4th year should show needed improvement. Home games are important.

Guess I have to deal with it.
Blakes Life Matters

I'm fine with this schedule. I understand the idea that you want to beat the better teams but we have faced some strong schedules the past 4-5 years. Seeing my team win more is important as a fan and I think it will help with the development of this team in the future. These are still NFL teams and if they could every put together a 5-6 game win streak next year that could catapult this team. It also allows the younger players to develop and experience some success at the same time. 

But hey we have 9 wins in the last 3 years. Improvement no matter how it comes is the goal. 

Considering the team needs wins to secure Caldwell and Bradley's jobs, I prefer an easier schedule for at least this season. I still think they will be able to turn us around and sustain the success for many years, they just need a little extra time to finish overhauling the roster. I think we are close, but we still may need 1 more good offseason to be a legit threat.

We played Baltimore at home pretty tough this past year. They lost Torrey Smith, Owen Daniels, Haloti Ngata, and Pernell McPhee.  Only player of note I believe they retained was Forsett, and even he will be 30 years old this year.  Meanwhile Jacksonville has gotten younger and retooled some positions of weakness this past off season (I hope).  I'd rather play hard teams well than trounce easy teams.  That way you can see if you've truly improved or not.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

Quote:We played Baltimore at home pretty tough this past year. They lost Torrey Smith, Owen Daniels, Haloti Ngata, and Pernell McPhee.  Only player of note I believe they retained was Forsett, and even he will be 30 years old this year.  Meanwhile Jacksonville has gotten younger and retooled some positions of weakness this past off season (I hope).  I'd rather play hard teams well than trounce easy teams.  That way you can see if you've truly improved or not.
I'm just going to have some fun with you, so don't take this seriously. So, you want the team to play tougher teams, but then you highlight the Ravens and all of the players they have lost and how we should have a better chance because they should be weaker this year.

Life is too short take anything too seriously.

I mentioned Baltimore since the OP brought them up about games he wasn't sure about.

Quote:I'm just going to have some fun with you, so don't take this seriously. So, you want the team to play tougher teams, but then you highlight the Ravens and all of the players they have lost and how we should have a better chance because they should be weaker this year.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

Quote:Life is too short take anything too seriously.

I mentioned Baltimore since the OP brought them up about games he wasn't sure about.

Especially, something on a message board.

OK. I see.

Precisely.

Quote:Especially, something on a message board.

OK. I see.

It looks not too difficult. If Bortles takes the next step combined with a good draft, I can picture us in the hunt

Branching along..if the O Line progresses, which gives Bortles a chance to take the next step, we could be in the hunt.

Quote:It looks not too difficult. If Bortles takes the next step combined with a good draft, I can picture us in the hunt

(This post was last modified: 03-14-2015, 08:45 PM by muddylips.)

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Miami - L

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Tennessee (x2) - W/W

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Carolina - L

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Atlanta -L

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Buffalo -L

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">NY Jets -W

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Tampa Bay -W

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">New Orleans - L

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Houston (x2) -L/L

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Indy (x2) - L/L

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">San Diego -L

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Baltimore - L

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">New England -L

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;"> 

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">I think that about four of these games we can pretty much count on for wins, but if we're going to reach even the humble minimum goal of 6-10 we're gonna have to see some marked improvement from this group. Yes, I know we're better this season that we were last season... but so is everyone else. If we're going to make it, we need to pull out a couple of wins against teams like Miami, Atlanta, New Orleans, Carolina, or Buffalo. While nearly anything is possible, I don't see it happening against Indy, Houston, New England, Baltimore, or San Diego. And those predicted wins over Tennessee, N. Y., and Tampa aren't automatic 'gimme's' either.

I y'ams who I y'ams and thats all I y'ams...

Quote:We played Baltimore at home pretty tough this past year. They lost Torrey Smith, Owen Daniels, Haloti Ngata, and Pernell McPhee. Only player of note I believe they retained was Forsett, and even he will be 30 years old this year. Meanwhile Jacksonville has gotten younger and retooled some positions of weakness this past off season (I hope). I'd rather play hard teams well than trounce easy teams. That way you can see if you've truly improved or not.

I have to say, I feel much better about the game @ Baltimore this year right now than I felt about last year's game against Baltimore this time last year.

Quote:

Miami - L

Tennessee (x2) - W/W

Carolina - L

Atlanta -L

Buffalo -L

NY Jets -W

Tampa Bay -W

New Orleans - L

Houston (x2) -L/L

Indy (x2) - L/L

San Diego -L

Baltimore - L

New England -L

I think that about four of these games we can pretty much count on for wins, but if we're going to reach even the humble minimum goal of 6-10 we're gonna have to see some marked improvement from this group. Yes, I know we're better this season that we were last season... but so is everyone else. If we're going to make it, we need to pull out a couple of wins against teams like Miami, Atlanta, New Orleans, Carolina, or Buffalo. While nearly anything is possible, I don't see it happening against Indy, Houston, New England, Baltimore, or San Diego. And those predicted wins over Tennessee, N. Y., and Tampa aren't automatic 'gimme's' either.
All i can say is wow! And you are a jags fan? I guess you just being optimistic! Everytime i look at a schedule even in my optimism i have us losing to just elite teams i know are better then the jags.Like the Patriots, Chargers,and maybe New Orleans. Other then that i believe we can beat the other teams. We should have beat Ravens last year. I can see the jags going 10-6

None of those teams in the NFC are really that good and Jags should split with Houston.

Quote:All i can say is wow! And you are a jags fan? I guess you just being optimistic! Everytime i look at a schedule even in my optimism i have us losing to just elite teams i know are better then the jags.Like the Patriots, Chargers,and maybe New Orleans. Other then that i believe we can beat the other teams. We should have beat Ravens last year. I can see the jags going 10-6

Exactly
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

Quote:All i can say is wow! And you are a jags fan? I guess you just being optimistic! Everytime i look at a schedule even in my optimism i have us losing to just elite teams i know are better then the jags.Like the Patriots, Chargers,and maybe New Orleans. Other then that i believe we can beat the other teams. We should have beat Ravens last year. I can see the jags going 10-6

10-6?  Well, you must not be very much of a Jag fan, then.  Everyone knows that any TRUE Jag fan would be predicting 16-0 very year.

"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

win

No one is safe.