Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Marcedes Lewis to be traded?

Quote:My friend--do you even Jaguars? 
Jaguars are my favorite!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Jaguars are my favorite!
Just to help- Julius Thomas is the name of our new starting TE

Quote:Just to help- Julius Thomas is the name of our new starting TE

Not lewis too?

[quote name="NYC4jags" post="470628" timestamp="1429546439"]Rotoworld now saying the max with incentives is significantly more.

[/quote[quote name="NYC4jags" post="470628" timestamp="1429546439"]Rotoworld now saying the max with incentives is significantly more.

[/quote]

I think Rotoworld did not read their source properly. In the Rotoworld story is says the source of the info is Joel Corry tweets. However his tweets state that the MAX salary could be $3 million with the unlikely to obtain incentives, not that he could earn up to $3million in just the incentives.

I'm not saying he is or will be but that 1 year contact makes me wonder.. 

I wouldn't be shocked to see him traded in the draft to get a RB like Gordon or Gurley..

Wouldn't doubt it at all..

(This post was last modified: 04-25-2015, 04:11 PM by HERO OF THE DAY.)

Imagine both Cooper and Gordon.. Wow!!!

Quote:I'm not saying he is or will be but that 1 year contact makes me wonder.. 

I wouldn't be shocked to see him traded in the draft to get a RB like Gordon or Gurley..

Trading Lewis might garner us a ham sandwich. You're setting your sights way too high. Or you are high.

Doubt it. I believe they'd rather keep another weapon for Bortles than trade Lewis away for peanuts.

With the lower number, he's more trade'able now, but I think they'll keep him for the year and be able to experiment with some 2 TE concepts.

We would be lucky to get a 6th rounder for him.

36th pick and Lewis to the Saints for the 31st pick to bypass New England and select Gordon.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

I would look at it more like, he is trade bait DURING the one year contract

No, Lewis is gonna contribute this year big time
All I need is Jaguars football and my dogs

Quote:36th pick and Lewis to the Saints for the 31st pick to bypass New England and select Gordon.
I wouldn't be opposed to it

Quote:I'm not saying he is or will be but that 1 year contact makes me wonder.. 

How the heck do you suppose that happens? He's worth a 5th-7th.  5th being a bargain for us for somebody of his age and skill.

BORTLES ISN'T A FRANCHISE QB. FOURNETTE WILL BE A BUST.

I like Lewis as the Kyle Brady blocker roll. He has some receiving skills, so he can't be ignored, helps run game, will be a solid #2 TE Behind Thomas. I can even envision a solid year turning into another small term contact.... but if he doesn't pan out, so big deal at this point too.

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2015, 06:24 AM by The Real Marty.)

I think we will and should keep Lewis, because Thomas is really not a classic TE, but more of a very large WR.    Lewis fills a unique role.  

Plus, he's worth a lot more more to us than the 6th round pick we would get in a trade.