Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Marcedes Lewis to be traded?

There is some upside in keeping him on the roster as Thomas insurance considering the return for him in a trade would be very minimal.

I think I'm indifferent on this one.

Yes, I am definitely indifferent on this one.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

NBC Sports stated that Jacksonville is looking to trade Lewis for a late round draft pick and would be willing to pay part of his 6 million salary next year to any team stupid enough to agree.

Quote:NBC Sports stated that Jacksonville is looking to trade Lewis for a late round draft pick and would be willing to pay part of his 6 million salary next year to any team stupid enough to agree.
I wonder if this means that if Walford is there in the 3rd, Jacksonville might target him.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:I wonder if this means that if Walford is there in the 3rd, Jacksonville might target him.

They would probably target a blocking TE later in the draft if they were to trade Marcedes.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

I just saw the same thing on a profootball talk TV show.  They speculated Caldwell would unload him for a 6th round pick and the Jags would pay part of the salary.  Potential teams would be those needing a TE and missing out on the top 2-3 TEs in the early part of the draft. 

I think I value Lewis more on the roster than most.  A 6th round pick doesn't get me excited. 

Quote:I just saw the same thing on a profootball talk TV show.  They speculated Caldwell would unload him for a 6th round pick and the Jags would pay part of the salary.  Potential teams would be those needing a TE and missing out on the top 2-3 TEs in the early part of the draft. 

I think I value Lewis more on the roster than most.  A 6th round pick doesn't get me excited.
Caldwell has hit on some promising players late in the draft so far. That or use the 6th maybe to move back into the 1st to get the pick of the liter for RB. I don't see Lewis being on the roster past this year so I would rather get a little something and use it for a future promising player...now we just need to see if Caldwell can really get that for Lewis.

Quote:Caldwell has hit on some promising players late in the draft so far. That or use the 6th maybe to move back into the 1st to get the pick of the liter for RB. I don't see Lewis being on the roster past this year so I would rather get a little something and use it for a future promising player...now we just need to see if Caldwell can really get that for Lewis.

Agreed. I think we could get the most compensation from Marcedes if we trade him during the draft. Once the top few TEs are drafted, teams that missed out on one and still have a need may be willing to part with a bit more compensation.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

He did get SanFran to sign Blaine Gabbert, so anything is possible...

Quote:I wonder if this means that if Walford is there in the 3rd, Jacksonville might target him.
The TE coach loved him during the senior bowl week

We'll get a 6th round pick for him. Caldwell will package it up with a 4th round pick and move up into late RD2 or early RD3 to get a RB he really likes. You watch....

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I highly doubt they will spend a 3rd on a TE when they just signed a young one to a big long term deal.

Quote:We'll get a 6th round pick for him. Caldwell will package it up with a 4th round pick and move up into late RD2 or early RD3 to get a RB he really likes. You watch....

I'm not sure anyone would trade a 4th + 6th for a 2nd round pick.

Quote:We'll get a 6th round pick for him. Caldwell will package it up with a 4th round pick and move up into late RD2 or early RD3 to get a RB he really likes. You watch....
Fourth-rounder + sixth-rounder =/= second-rounder. It also =/= an early third-rounder.

Quote:I'm not sure anyone would trade a 4th + 6th for a 2nd round pick.

Nobody who values having a job in an NFL front office.

Quote:Nobody who values having a job in an NFL front office.
Who's Gene working for these days?

Usually to get a 2nd, it costs a 3rd and 4th. Or to get a 3rd, it costs a 4th and 5h... And so on.

It only strays on the top half of the first round because those players carry significantly more value.

The most logical arrangement would be for the Jags to package Marcedes Lewis and the Jags Rd 4 pick to move up into the Ravens spot in Rd 3 (Pick 90).

I've not been very impressed with M. Lewis for sometime, finding him to be an expensive liability more than anything. Therefore, if we could trade him for almost anything of use to us it would be a win; it doesn't even have to be another 'player'. Maybe some of the other teams have a couple of those Zamboni machines they would part with... we always need a good Zamboni machine... on a NFL team... in Florida.

I y'ams who I y'ams and thats all I y'ams...

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/ryanohalloran'>Ryan O'Halloran ‏@ryanohalloran </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/ryanohalloran/status/589483719959977984' title="12:40 PM - 18 Apr 2015">53s</a>

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/ryanohalloran/status/589483719959977984' title="12:40 PM - 18 Apr 2015">54 seconds ago</a>
<p class="" style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">League source says <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/hashtag/Jaguars?src=hash'>#Jaguars</a> TE Marcedes Lewis has re-structured final year of his contract. No extension. Likely means Lewis staying put.

<p class="" style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;"> 

<p class="" style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">Says Ryan O.

I like it, I'm curious to see the two TE set of Thomas and Lewis.