Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The RB Situation

Now that it's quite unlikely that we land Demarco Murray, (screw him, doesn't seem like he wants to be here anyways) what do you hope the Jaguars do regarding the RB position now?

Do we go after a guy like CJ Spiller, perhaps draft a guy in the 2nd or 3rd?

Like to hear your thoughts, I don't think Denard and Toby should even be considered the starters.

I hope we draft a guy and Denard can be the backup personally.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Based on what we have done in free agency, I am far more open to taking a guy like Telvin Coleman at the top of the 2nd.

...but that's just me.

I hope we draft Jay Ajayi. Plenty of good backs, but he is my personal favorite.

I'd be good with a day 2 pick maybe even top of day 3 with how much depth there is in the draft.

I'm willing to start the season with Denard and Toby.   What I do not want to do is spend a mid-round pick on a mid-round RB talent.   What we lack is the elite stud running back, and that usually comes with a first round pick.  

I think the success of the running game depends as much on the offensive line as it does on the RB.  

Quote:Now that it's quite unlikely that we land Demarco Murray, (screw him, doesn't seem like he wants to be here anyways) what do you hope the Jaguars do regarding the RB position now?

Do we go after a guy like CJ Spiller, perhaps draft a guy in the 2nd or 3rd?

Like to hear your thoughts, I don't think Denard and Toby should even be considered the starters.

I hope we draft a guy and Denard can be the backup personally.
I think we pretty much have to draft the competition.

Quote:I'm willing to start the season with Denard and Toby.   What I do not want to do is spend a mid-round pick on a mid-round RB talent.   What we lack is the elite stud running back, and that usually comes with a first round pick.  

I think the success of the running game depends as much on the offensive line as it does on the RB.  

Lately, stud running backs come from the 2nd-3rd rounds.

Draft a guy, use him up, dump him.  Repeat.

Yeah I agree with a lot of you guys. Draft is the way to go.

It'll be interesting to see what round we pick up a RB in, if we do indeed draft one.

Denard should be the starter if healthy.  Draft a bruiser and play Toby a bit too.  

Quote:Draft a guy, use him up, dump him.  Repeat.

that's mean

(This post was last modified: 03-11-2015, 05:07 PM by EricC85.)

I don't think we plan on running the ball a whole lot this season.

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

I think Murray is probably the only FA worth signing.  Best bet is grab a guy in the draft and rely on Storm/Denard/Toby for a bit.

Quote:I don't think we plan on running the ball a whole lot this season.
Yes we do, until Blake is ready to throw it around we will run it a lot 

We should draft a RB in the 2nd or 3rd

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

I don't think Spiller fits this offense at all. More likely is that we either pull out the dark horse win for Murray or draft someone on day two or three.

Am I the only person that thinks that Pierre Thomas might be a good pickup? On like just a two year deal? The guy is by far the best in the league when playing the screen pass.

Unless Gurley falls to the 2nd, I think we should get our stud rb next year. Ezekiel Elliot, I think he is better than any of them in this class anyway

Quote:Am I the only person that thinks that Pierre Thomas might be a good pickup? On like just a two year deal? The guy is by far the best in the league when playing the screen pass.

I like Pierre Thomas but I don't see much point in it.  

Quote:Unless Gurley falls to the 2nd, I think we should get our stud rb next year. Ezekiel Elliot, I think he is better than any of them in this class anyway

If the RB draft is as good as they say it is, you should be able to find a guy in the 4th that could have went 2nd round in another draft  Or maybe find a guy in 5th/6th who'd normal go in the 3rd or 4th.

RB is deep in the draft.  Much easier to find one there than overpay for what's left in FA.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."