Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The RB Situation

Id be fine with Gurley or Gordon in Round 2. Also would be fine with not taking a RB until the late rounds

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 03-13-2015, 10:56 AM by badger.)

Quote:Id be fine with Gurley or Gordon in Round 2. Also would be fine with not taking a RB until the late rounds

there is no reason we cant get the best guy in the 2nd round.  waiting until too late is a little risky with our current situation.  im fine with us not signing a FA RB.  we made our bed with Toby, we have Denard... it's a perfect situation for a rookie to come in and get snaps

id rather not have a veteran we paid a lot come in and steal carries

I'll be more happy with drafting a RB early if they can get extra picks. Use extra picks on a RB.

Quote:there is no reason we cant get the best guy in the 2nd round.  
I mean, is the fact that the best guy will probably be off the board by 36 a good reason?

Quote:I mean, is the fact that the best guy will probably be off the board by 36 a good reason?

the statement obviously assumes that a guy we want and is worthy of the pick will be there

I don't think Gurley gets out of the top 20, at least this week. It could change, but I think he is picking up steam. 

Tevin Coleman in Round 2/3

Quote:Draft a guy, use him up, dump him.  Repeat.
That pretty much describes what the cowboys did. I could be wrong, but I think the eagles way over paid for what their gonna get out of murray.

I y'ams who I y'ams and thats all I y'ams...

Quote:I don't think Gurley gets out of the top 20, at least this week. It could change, but I think he is picking up steam.

I don't get this. Gurley is a beast, no doubt, but everyone acts like he didn't tear his ACL late in the season last year.. That will push him down the draft board IMO, and I could see him being there in the 2nd round.
10 years ago we had Bob Hope, Johnny Cash, and Steve Jobs..... Please don't die, Kevin Bacon.

(This post was last modified: 03-15-2015, 07:50 AM by Section105Fan.)

I'd love to find clones of the Csonka/ Kiick backfield from the 70's Dolphins. A big bruising FB, and an outside threat. Oh, and throw in a Griese clone for good measure.i realize that the game has changed significantly in 40 years, but 3rd and 1 is still 3rd and 1.

(This post was last modified: 03-15-2015, 08:41 AM by Yo Boy.)

Its good to be back !! They Justin BLackmon me! Lol anyways since i been a jag fan we have always had a good RB, from Natrone Means, to James Stewart, to Freddy T, Mojo, even A-Pearman and Stacy Mack were valuable to an extent.This team is only gonna go as far as that ground attack!! We gotta have a rb that can break for 80 at any given time. That opens everything else up in the offense if we can run the ball successfully. Gerhart is not that player! He is not a homerun threat! D-Rob i thought played good last year but he still isnt natural at the position and i dont believe he can handle the wear and tear. This team needs either Gurley or Gordon.. point blank! Those two guys were the most explosive players in college last year and i wouldnt care if they drop bk to pick them up in the first to get one.

Trent Richardson?

Everyone already gave up on Storm Johnson?

The Situation is Gerhart's new nickname.

No one is safe.

Quote:Yes we do, until Blake is ready to throw it around we will run it a lot

We should draft a RB in the 2nd or 3rd

If he's not ready this season we've got big problems. They didn't draft a QB 3rd overall, draft 3 WR and sign the top free agent TE to ground and pound.

Make no mistake they're building this offense to air it out this year. Now if works is yet to be seen but the pieces they've gone after are not suited to ground and pound.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:Everyone already gave up on Storm Johnson?

Maybe not gave up but it is not like he showed anything last year.

;

;

I am more in favor of, drafting Melvin Gordan over Todd Gurley. The ACL tear will hold him back somewhat. Get the young player whose already in good health.

Ive said it hundreds of times. The Jags will draft Ameer Abdullah.

If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

Quote:I am more in favor of, drafting Melvin Gordan over Todd Gurley. The ACL tear will hold him back somewhat. Get the young player whose already in good health.
But Gurley is soooooo much better...

Quote:But Gurley is soooooo much better...

Depends on the ACL. Jamaal Charles had a torn ACL and came back with a 1500 yard season. But it is an unknown.

;

;