Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
You Don't Get To Take Over My Information

Quote:My HOA fees...I'm not driving 30 miles to deliver the check...and they don't take credit cards or direct deposit.  ANY MORE QUESTIONS DAMMIT?

Not only did I used to have to mail mine, I had to get a cashier's check at the bank because I haven't had a checkbook in years. Now they do quarterly withdrawals from my bank account.  But no, no more questions.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I'm still waiting for him to say this is a joke...no one can actually think this way, can they??

Well, they can think that way.  

Of course they'd be taking themselves WAAAYYYYYYY too seriously in doing so. 

[Image: 2irq9op.jpg]

Yes we can.

Yes we can.

Yes we can.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Well, they can think that way.  

Of course they'd be taking themselves WAAAYYYYYYY too seriously in doing so.

No doubt!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:Actually it's not anyone taking your information your account would still be password protected. It's just moving where it's stored. Lets also admit the reality once you post content on the web all expectations of private ownership should be gone.
with this board being registered as a jaguars.com site and being owned by the Jacksonville Jaguars, would it be considered intellectual property or trademark of the Jacksonville Jaguars? 

Quote:with this board being registered as a jaguars.com site and being owned by the Jacksonville Jaguars, would it be considered intellectual property or trademark of the Jacksonville Jaguars? 
I'm sure they consider it something. Intellectual is probably not it. Laughing . The fact that they are closing it says a lot about their concern.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

This thread is sums up why I'm pleased that the forum appears to not be dying.

This is gold.

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

Technically the username someone creates is under their private ownership, and content that person posts on a particular website should remain there until the owner agrees for it to be moved somewhere else. 

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Quote:This thread went exactly like I thought it would. How I'm going to miss this....

I mean the OP has a valid concern/point, but people's immaturity in this thread has become the topic of discussion. 

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Quote:I do not consent for you to take over my username or any of my intellectual property.

I haven't seen any of your posts in the past 10 years contain any intellectual information.

DARKSTAR = The Artist Formerly Known As HURRICANE!!!

No follow up by the OP????

Huh

Quote:No follow up by the OP????

There's no topping the original post.

"The season's not over... we still have a bunch of games to lose..." - TemporaryName

"The middle of the field is like Narnia to us, we don't believe it really exists" - Marvsin

Quote:Technically the username someone creates is under their private ownership, and content that person posts on a particular website should remain there until the owner agrees for it to be moved somewhere else.

You are clearly not a lawyer.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Actually, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but you don't own your user name or the content you've created.. Those rights to ownership were given up when you signed up on the forum..

No where in the terms of service, which would be your contract with the board, does it say you relinquish any thing of the sort.  In fact the only thing of ownership that it states is that your views belong to the author of the post. 

Not sure if he was being facetious or not, but I dont think it's that crazy to not want your info migrated even if just from a security standpoint. 

Not so much the fact he wants to opt out and protect his information. Whether it's actually his or not according to the terms.

It just the way he went about it that's ridiculous. It's like the people who comment on a company's Facebook instead of emailing/calling the proper channels.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Seriously though, what in the hell happened to TAM? He was this funny, witty guy in the Political forum, then one day in October just went total MIA, and came back like another person. Was he abducted?

Quote:Seriously though, what in the hell happened to TAM? He was this funny, witty guy in the Political forum, then one day in October just went total MIA, and came back like another person. Was he abducted?

He bit off more than Hilldog could swallow.
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:He bit off more than Hilldog could swallow.

That's never been her thing.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Seriously though, what in the hell happened to TAM? He was this funny, witty guy in the Political forum, then one day in October just went total MIA, and came back like another person. Was he abducted?

[Image: lsAdy.jpg]
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:No where in the terms of service, which would be your contract with the board, does it say you relinquish any thing of the sort.  In fact the only thing of ownership that it states is that your views belong to the author of the post. 

Not sure if he was being facetious or not, but I dont think it's that crazy to not want your info migrated even if just from a security standpoint. 

You're registering the name with the board. They're giving you permission to use the name.

I agree that there could be security issues with transferring information, but I don't see any reasonable argument for ownership of the username.