Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The view from the couch

Whenever I need to convince myself the current POTUS is really good for a chuckle, I find something straight from his mouth, unedited.

Full transcript of President Trump's remarks commemorating Black History Month.

He's precious, isn't he? The video is even better, you get the full effect of his oral presentation "style".

By the way, there was no published, vetted report of Trump moving the bust of Martin Luther King, Jr., it was a Tweet from a NYT reporter who corrected it and apologized within one hour when he discovered the bust behind a door.

Quote:On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

- H.L. Mencken

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 02-02-2017, 12:03 AM by B2hibry.)

Wow, you really are special. It was a listening session breakfast with influential black leaders, not a colloquium. I guess we can expect the other parties to your mensa group to repond any minute now.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

It's no different than any other time he opens his mouth. I'm just having fun, snowflake, don't let me ruin your infatuation.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

He needed a sheet of paper on MLK? Then he didn't really talk about him....somehow he his campaign/election became more important. And Frederick Douglas...he might as well have said I don't know who that guy was. He wasn't prepared at all.

Meeting notes on attending members and talking points is now a bad thing? Yeah I guess that wouldn't be required at your Taco Bell bruhaha. You guys are pathetic at best.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

Thank you for the video link, rj.  Trump really is a charming and funny guy.  I almost wish I had voted for him.

Quote:He needed a sheet of paper on MLK? Then he didn't really talk about him....somehow he his campaign/election became more important. And Frederick Douglas...he might as well have said I don't know who that guy was. He wasn't prepared at all.

u mad, bro?

[Image: rochelle-richardson.jpg]

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:u mad, bro?

[Image: rochelle-richardson.jpg]

Tell me what I should be upset about? The fact our President doesn't prepare or the fact he doesn't know anything about Black history?

So by that logic, Obama's use of a teleprompter is proof he knows nothing about anything.

Quote:So by that logic, Obama's use of a teleprompter is proof he knows nothing about anything.

Obama is a constitutional scholar. Educated and articulate. He never appeared unprepared. You don't need a piece of paper to describe MLK or his contributions to this country. And since when does using a teleprompter mean someone lacks intelligence. Obama had many great moments off the cuff and from his heart.

Quote:Obama is a constitutional scholar. Educated and articulate. He never appeared unprepared. You don't need a piece of paper to describe MLK or his contributions to this country. And since when does using a teleprompter mean someone lacks intelligence. Obama had many great moments off the cuff and from his heart.

When off prompter, he certainly did not come off educated and articulate.  He came off as an immature, jilted teenage girl lashing out.

His only knowledge of the constitution was how to skirt the law, to end run it to his favor so as to not be bound by the powers restricted by it.

His only talent was community organizing, which isn't more than raising money to pay for protests and ballot stuffing.  Causing problems, not creating solutions.

It was painfully obvious he was unprepared for the position.  He'd spent all his political life running for office, and none of it actually serving or accomplishing any good for the country.

Quote:When off prompter, he certainly did not come off educated and articulate.  He came off as an immature, jilted teenage girl lashing out.

His only knowledge of the constitution was how to skirt the law, to end run it to his favor so as to not be bound by the powers restricted by it.

His only talent was community organizing, which isn't more than raising money to pay for protests and ballot stuffing.  Causing problems, not creating solutions.

It was painfully obvious he was unprepared for the position.  He'd spent all his political life running for office, and none of it actually serving or accomplishing any good for the country.
That sentence could also be used to describe Trump....

Quote:When off prompter, he certainly did not come off educated and articulate. He came off as an immature, jilted teenage girl lashing out.

His only talent was community organizing, which isn't more than raising money to pay for protests and ballot stuffing. Causing problems, not creating solutions.

It was painfully obvious he was unprepared for the position. He'd spent all his political life running for office, and none of it actually serving or accomplishing any good for the country.

Where do you guys get this stuff?

Quote:Where do you guys get this stuff?

It's called reality.

Try it sometime, rather than living in your cult-like worshiping fantasy.

Quote:That sentence could also be used to describe Trump....

Congratulations.  You're learning.  0bama gave us Trump.  Without one, we would have never lowered our standards to have Trump be an improvement.

Quote:It's called reality.

Try looking in a mirror and saying that sometime.

Quote:Congratulations.  You're learning.  0bama gave us Trump.  Without one, we would have never lowered our standards to have Trump be an improvement.

Quote:It's called reality.

You're not a very good person.

Quote:Obama is a constitutional scholar. Educated and articulate. He never appeared unprepared.

Lol.

If you like your doctor

The jv team

Ending afghan surge

Pull out of Iraq

Funding jihadist rebels in Syria

But he made u FEEL like he knew what he was doing? So precious...

(This post was last modified: 02-02-2017, 03:35 PM by Dakota.)

Quote:Tell me what I should be upset about? The fact our President doesn't prepare or the fact he doesn't know anything about Black history?
Maybe he has more important things to worry about. Like cleaning up the mess of recent history. Maybe he is worried about about how to address terrorists networks like BLM.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:Obama is a constitutional scholar. Educated and articulate. He never appeared unprepared.

Not in any of the 57 states.

And isn't the word "articulate" racist code for "black guy who speaks like a white guy" ???

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"