Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Best Video Game Bad Guy?

(This post was last modified: 02-03-2017, 12:14 AM by Bullseye.)

Quote:Never played San Andreas bullseye?
Nope.  I played GTA III Vice City...but nothing in the series before or after that one.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I'm going to take you all way back. the best bad guy is the skelton guy from the game Kaboom.
Is that the from the 2600?

Quote:Handsome Jack. Proved to be one of the best characters in BL2 so much that he got a fully fledge back story game in the Pre-Sequel to show how he turn evil. If you have followed the Borderlands series you def have a love/hate feeling towards him. RIP Bloodwing.
Borderlands is another series I never got to play.  AARRGGHHH!!!

I also offer for consideration any number of ladies from the Leisure Suit Larry games.

Quote:Borderlands is another series I never got to play. AARRGGHHH!!!
Good time with friends and some of the funniest lines in video games.

Quote:Good time with friends and some of the funniest lines in video games.

Absolutely. Borderlands was awesome, the "cartoonish" graphics are actually really good.

My buddies and I have been quoting one liners from those games for years.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:Is that the from the 2600?

yes it is

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

If you want to go back to 2600 games, Toht from Raiders of the Lost Ark was annoying because he kept taking your stuff.

It amazes me there is more resolution, detail, computing power, etc in a rock on current gen games than there was for an entire screen of Atari.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

I'm kinda torn here because are we talking about a bad guy / boss that's tough to beat or one who was just entertaining and engaging?

Father Gascoigne is Bloodborne was one hell of a fight but he was light on the personality.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:I'm kinda torn here because are we talking about a bad guy / boss that's tough to beat or one who was just entertaining and engaging?

Father Gascoigne is Bloodborne was one hell of a fight but he was light on the personality.

To me, I'm thinking the best villain as a character/level of evil. There's some crappy bosses who are ridiculously hard but just bad characters
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 02-03-2017, 10:26 AM by Bullseye.)

Skeet,

As much fun as I had as a kid with the Atari 2600, I am absolutely blown away by the advances in gaming since then, graphically and otherwise.  Can you imagine playing without a save game feature?

Deacon,

I'm not necessarily talking tough to beat, just a well written embodiment of evil type. 

Quote:Skeet,

As much fun as I had as a kid with the Atari 2600, I am absolutely blown away by the advances in gaming since then, graphically and otherwise. Can you imagine playing without a save game feature?

Deacon,

I'm not necessarily talking tough to beat, just a well written embodiment of evil type.

I remember having to quickly jot down "passwords" to pick up where you left off in some games. Actually in Jurassic Park for Sega the instruction manual has a password in a screenshot that if you input it, it takes you to the last level.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:To me, I'm thinking the best villain as a character/level of evil. There's some crappy bosses who are ridiculously hard but just bad characters

Quote:Skeet,

As much fun as I had as a kid with the Atari 2600, I am absolutely blown away by the advances in gaming since then, graphically and otherwise.  Can you imagine playing without a save game feature?

Deacon,

I got it now, thanks for clarifying. I think the most engaging would have to be Joker in the Arkham series. I love how they worked him into the Arkham Knight story.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Sub question:  Should original characters get extra weight for being original?

With decades of character development and back story, could you argue that characters like Joker and Dr. Doom have an unfair advantage in this type of analysis?

(Of course it could go the other way too...but I'd like to hear the collective's thoughts).

Quote:Nope.  I played GTA III Vice City...but nothing in the series before or after that one.

PS store has the trilogy ... III, Vice City, and San Andreas on sale for $20

I debated, and have decided to download it myself to play them all again on PS4.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:Sub question: Should original characters get extra weight for being original?

With decades of character development and back story, could you argue that characters like Joker and Dr. Doom have an unfair advantage in this type of analysis?

(Of course it could go the other way too...but I'd like to hear the collective's thoughts).

I could see that. But, depending on the game, especially if it has a deep story and more than one installment (Witcher series for example) you can get some pretty great back story.

Speaking of Witcher, Eredin was pretty bad [BLEEP], as is the whole back story of the Wild Hunt. Reminds me a lot of the White Walkers in GOT
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Pirk, thanks for that heads up.  I think that is a worthwhile investment.

Skeet,

I do not remember Eredin.

I may not have gotten that far.  He isn't the Bloody Baron is he?

The Bloody Baron is a complete [BLEEP].

Quote:Pirk, thanks for that heads up. I think that is a worthwhile investment.

Skeet,

I do not remember Eredin.

I may not have gotten that far. He isn't the Bloody Baron is he?

The Bloody Baron is a complete [BAD WORD REMOVED].

Eredin is the leader of the Wild Hunt. The evil guy after Ciri. I'd highly recommend playing further into that game. It's one of the best I've ever played.

[Image: maxresdefault_1.jpg]
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 02-03-2017, 02:44 PM by Bullseye.)

Ok...I remember him.

He was certainly one of the most intimidating video game bad guys I ever encountered. 

The first time I saw him I was like Holy [BAD WORD REMOVED]!